/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Thursday, October 4, 2012

His Welcoming Arms...5 Minute Friday

Five Minute Friday
Now, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes to just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.  Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
I see myself standing in a prison…
He is showing me the bars imprisoning part of my heart…
He stands at the door…
Opening it wide opened…
Welcoming me to come…
To take steps out of these prison walls…
To walk into His welcoming arms…His welcoming heart…

His love is always welcoming…calling us home…
Inviting us to live free…
Let us always listen for His voice…
His welcoming voice that says come…
“I have come to set the captives free”
To live free in His love…
So we too can live welcoming lives…
Lives encouraging others to live free.

22 comments:

  1. What you describe is definitely one of the most welcoming and affirming things we can have. I'm so humbled by his unchanging, non-judgemental, relentless love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kacey...oh amen to all you added here...thanks for stopping by..blessings~

      Delete
  2. oops, forgot to mention, I'm stopping by from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful post, it perfectly describes what welcoming is. great job. stopping by from FMF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping in...blessings to you~

      Delete
  4. Oh yes! Our posts do go hand in hand. And I wonder if us welcoming Him in is our first step to becoming more like Him...

    So thankful I'm free!!!

    Enjoy your weekend, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki...yes indeed...have a wonderful weekend too...blessings~

      Delete
  5. Ro, love this, the always open invitation to stay, welcomed into His open arms -- always open. Amazing. Love to you this weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer...So very thankful for this kind of Love...and love and grace to you my friend~

      Delete
  6. So true! His love is so welcoming. This is something I will never get over nor want to get over.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie...so very thankful for His welcoming love...thanks for stopping in~

      Delete
  7. I had to start over again. Reading the beginnings of your post in a double take. Ro...I've had that SAME vision. You spoke my heart. My scene often includes other saddening revelations of my own sin struggles and thought habits. But Oh how He's standing there. Waiting. Climbing in my hovel to replace me........

    I can't even keep talking about it. You opened a door I know so well. Oh Ro...wow. Wonderful post to Welcome. You've hit a nerve and allowed an immediate connection. You are lovely for your honesty. Thank you for coming by last night. And thank you - oh thank you - for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh...I don’t know what to say...so very thankful for the work of His Spirit...His Spirit of Love that calls us to Himself. I pray what ever was touched here by His Spirit will find deeper healing and grace. thanks so much for stopping and sharing your heart...blessings to you~

      Delete
  8. Oh the freedom He offers us captives. Just a step away. Just an arms reach. Such an offering from our glorious Savior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen...I love the words you add here...thanks so much...your heart is a blessing to me.

      Delete
  9. always appreciate how you point to Him, and the freedom He offers...such a gift, you are...thanks, Ro :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly...your words are always so kind to me...thanks sweet friend...blessings~

      Delete
  10. always makes me think of Jesus opening his welcoming arms to the little children - we need to run into them every day! ;) precious piece thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keli...I love this picture...thanks~

      Delete
  11. Ro, serendipitiously, I was literally just reading in Is. 61 about Jesus' mission! Truly, He did come to set captives free and to open blind eyes, both literally and spiritually. He made us for freedom, and it's only He who can set us free! THank you for this wonderful reminder. And what is more welcoming than utter freedom? We truly can be free in Christ. Thank you for writing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn...as always... thanks for your beautiful comment...blessings~

      Delete
  12. this freedom. this love. thanks for the beautiful reminder this morning....

    ReplyDelete