/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Let’s Keep This Garden Beautiful




This place we call “the blog world” has become like a beautiful garden to me…
a garden of sharing…a garden of teaching…
a garden where I am learning and unlearning so much…
a garden so full of beauty…
a garden filled with a variety of blooming flowers...
each flower sharing its unique aroma…the aroma of Christ.

In my past, I spent too much time in a patch.
Like a cabbage patch…patches are planted with the same plants…
I was planted where all the flowers seem to look the same…smell the same…
But this sameness depletes the soil of vital minerals needed for the next crop…
where sameness provided a false sense of security…
where sameness became necessary to be able to stay alive in the garden.

So, what nourishment did I take in from my blog garden today?…cross-pollination
If cross-pollination did not happen in God’s creation,
we would not have the brilliant array of beauty all reflecting who He is. 
Well, we too need cross pollination in His Body…
taking in the beauty…sharing one to another. 
Just today, I saw more clearly the beauty of this cross-pollination…
how to visit and share with those who we may think alike…
how to grow and glean from those who might think differently than us.

Today at A Deeper Story…
the site received two beautiful posts from two wonderful ladies…
two ladies coming from different sides of the coin…
for me the topic wasn’t the most important thing…
yes, both ladies spoke clearly and from a sincere heart.
I learned…I gleaned from what was shared.
But ultimately, the most important lesson learned was
Humility, Grace and Love should trump all…
As I “watched” these two ladies share with one another…
and speak to others with Humility and Grace…
I watched Love win!

I would like to thank Emily and Diana for fostering healthy conversation…
for allowing us to cross-pollenate. 
For providing a safe place…a place where agreement was not their focus
 because when we have to agree…love is usually sacrificed and lost along the way. 
But these two ladies …walked this out in Love
giving space, but not license…giving grace to one another…and to others as well.

I have found for me…
this blog garden has allowed me to fly from one flower to another…
drinking the sweet nectar I find there.
Some places I drink more deeply…
some places I might just pass by…
while others stay longer and find sweet nectar for their soul.
In this garden, I have found a safe place…
a safe place that provides a bit of a buffer.
I have learned to practice new ways of interacting…
I have learned to practice dialogue with those not in “agreement” with me.
 And maybe…just maybe…
this love and grace will be walked out more freely when I am face to face.

Honestly, it has taken me over a year and a half to become comfortable here…
but I am growing more thankful each day…
for each flower that has fed me along the way.
Let’s continue to keep this garden beautiful!!

Let me recommend another flower, Deidra,
she is providing a sweet place to cross –pollinate too.

I did not plan on writing a second post this week...
so I want to extend my give-away here too...
So to celebrate …and just to say thanks for this blog community and to each of you for all your kindness you have shown to me...I want to share a gift with you~
 Mike Mason has been one of my “spiritual mentors”.  He and Ann are deep thinkers and gifted writers…writers that can reach into the deepest places in our souls and call those desires forth.
So to a random commenter I would love to share the richness found in this book…
               Practicing the Presence of People.  
                I will announce the winner on Friday.

Come to some of these gardens...Ann’sGod-bumps. Duane WLWW,Life in BloomWIP


13 comments:

  1. I was so sad about all the negativity in the comments on Emily's post. So. Very. Sad.

    But then. I was so encouraged by the love and Christlike-ness I saw between Emily and Diana. That spoke grace, all kinds of grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ro, your comments are a sweet honey-salve, a true balm of tenderness and encouragement. Thank you for this. Oh my heart beats in tandem with yours on so very much of this. Emily is brave and bold and I am honored to cal her friend. I am going back to read Diane's piece today. So glad you took these words and planted them in the soil of grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the analogy you used for blogging being like a garden, so true. And I love those two souls, Diana and Emily, so sorry for the way sheep bite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Ro - and so true. My heart broke for Emily and Diana yesterday - two women I love dearly - but what grace they both displayed in the face of the ungraceful. I think of Ann's recent post when she said that a pitcher of pure water can't pour out dirty water - and it's a testimony to Emily and Diana's pure hearts in their pouring out of grace.

    And I'm so grateful that you have brought your beauty to this "blog garden." I love you dearly, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'i watched love win'... wow. this is all we could ever want friend. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote about the same as well today. Grace and beauty, yes.

    Thank you for your garden and sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this analogy, Ro. It's so true. I love "walking in this garden" as well. I love to smell the aroma of sweet sacrifices we all uniquely offer to the King of Kings! Beautiful words, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, oh yes. these are all beautiful hearted women. your heart is just as beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just lovely, Ro. Thank you so much for featuring our exchange - which was a complete surprise to the two of us, but I believe has been used by God to build the kingdom, to encourage good thinking and questioning and to listen to one another about what we hold dear. Love wins. And that's the goal. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a huge believer in peace and reconciliation... have dedicated a fair bit of my life to it... but I have often felt that to stand for grace in relationships, I have had to hold on less tightly to much of what I believe. This I can do, but I struggle with asking others to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ::SIGH:: still breathing in "I watched love win"
    so poignant. and altogether true.

    So thrilled to have met you through this outlet, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ro Elliott! Glad to put a site to your name again. :)

    Thanks for stopping by tonight.

    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your post made me think of the danger's of "group think" - where ideas shrink because there is no outside stimulus propel growth! You are a beautiful flower in the garden - like zinnia's - hearty, real, resilient that can go anyplace - on a kitchen table, window sill or even in the formal areas - and I feel at home here - where I can stretch myself and - it's o.k. for us to be in different places - I like how you discuss that - how you put it out there!

    ReplyDelete