/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Five Minute Friday Voice


“For the tongue is a pen, which pressing deeply enough…whether for good or for evil…will write upon the heart. “ Mystery of Marriage


The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. James 3:6

Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts.
Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. James 3:5

“Only speak words that make a soul stronger.” Ann Voskamp

We are made in His image…and He gave us the power to create…
With His voice He spoke this world into existence
With His voice He called forth beauty…
With His voice He called forth life.

We too have power with our voice…
Will we use it to speak hope into hopeless situations…
Speak beauty where there are ashes…
Speak life into lifeless circumstances
Will we use our voice to tear down or build up
Will we use our voice to speak of His Majesty
To speak of His Truth…
But most importantly
Will we use our voice to speak words that bring healing
Words that speak in His language of Love.


The winner of the book…is Brenna who writes at Chicago Mama.
Let me know your mailing address and I will get this out to you.

I pray you are as blessed by this book as I was. 





Five Minute Friday


Now, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes to just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

29 comments:

  1. I really appreciated the verses at the beginning reminding us of the power of our words. Stopping by for Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don’t we all need to be reminded...thanks for stopping by~blessings~

      Delete
  2. Speak hope, healing, truth, love...amen, friend. amen.
    Enjoy your weekend, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki...have a great weekend too~ blessings~

      Delete
  3. Beautiful words of truth Ro! I SO wish you were here :) Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacque...I have thought that ticket you had offered(and I did not know how much it was)...wondering if I missed and opportunity...but God knows...and maybe next year:) have a wonderful, rich time...blessings to you~

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful post! Makes me realize all the more that my voice has a purpose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbie...very day...and I want to live this with more purpose in my life...blessings and enjoy the weekend~

      Delete
  5. Yes, may we speak truth, hope, and love...following His lead..amen..Thank you, Ro :) Praying God continues to be with you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly...thanks and blessings to you...are you at Allume? where ever you are...have a great weekend~blessings~

      Delete
  6. Fantastic Scriptures to remind me of how powerful my voice can be...both for good or evil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan...i think we easily do forget the power of our words...oh for good...that is what I long for~ thanks for stopping by~ blessings~

      Delete
  7. Our words seem so ordinary because we can so easily have so many. We forget their potency. A beautiful reminder right here, Ro. Thank you. I will choose my words more carefully today because I was here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn...I am blessed...and I too will choose my words more carefully as well...by His Grace...He will enable us. So glad you dropped in...blessings~

      Delete
  8. Hi Ro,
    Very deep post. I use my voice literally to sing Bach (and other things :-). I use my voice to speak God's truth to women's groups. But how do I use my everyday voice? Do I speak when I should (or remain silent when it's appropriate? There *are* times when we should not use our voice). But do I speak words of love and encouragement and hope, or doubt and despair and denigration? All your points are so well taken. And as writers, we must remember that we, too, have writing voices, alive with our own rhythms and rememberances. Do we write truth that God shows us? Do we tell our own story in our own way, or do we try to mimic others' voices? Thank you for staying true to *your* voice, sounding a clarion call, drawing others to Christ, with humility and grace and encouragement. I love HEARING what you have to say! Love, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn...your words always leave me deeply blessed and somewhat speechless...just biggest (((hugs))) for all your kind and encouraging words to me...love to you~ and have a wonderful weekend~

      Delete
    2. Oh boy, do I feel hugged, and I needed that today. Thank you dearest Ro!!

      Delete
  9. Oh so powerful, this reminder strikes me hard today...it's just what I needed to read.

    ~Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LuAnne...so thankful...blessings to you~

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Denise...thanks for stopping in and always leaving a kind word...blessings~

      Delete
  11. I have been struggling all my life with this one Ro. It is a difficult thing - to tame the tongue. You've said it beautifully. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda...I think everyone does to some degree...and I write this to myself...first and foremost...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  12. I have been concentrating for a few months now to be slow to speak, taming that tongue, and slow to anger. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too...me too...thanks for stopping by~blessings~

      Delete
  13. Your voice of love is a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This resonates deeply with what the Lord has been speaking into me through so many ministers lately... how powerful God has made our words. Power to heal, change circumstances to bring His life into them, or power to destroy and bring death. Beautifully expressed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! May our words be filled with grace, encouragement, truth and life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So true, and such a good reminder!

    ReplyDelete