/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Five Minute Friday. Race




Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

I have been running for years…I love the solitude of the streets or trails…
I have run many miles alone.
But a few years ago I ran my first half marathon.
This experience was so different…instead of running in solitude…
the streets where lined with people cheering all the runners on…
people encouraging total strangers to keep going…
when we struggled to get up the hills…they cheered us on…
when we felt like we could not take another step…they cheered us on…
when we couldn’t see the finish line…
they cheered encouragement it was just around the corner.
These cheerleaders cheered for all…the fast ones to the slow ones…
and even those who walked.  No one left out…all where cheered for.

This blogging community is like being in a race together...not a race of competition and winning...
but running together to finish the race marked  out for us.
I am learning here how to run with others.
And lined along the way are ”strangers” cheering one another on…
cheering for those who have a large following and those who have a small following…
here there is cheering for all…giving encouraging words to weary pilgrims…
encouraging each other to continue to fight the good fight…
to finish the race... to keep the faith.

I have been blessed by so many who have kindly cheered me on here in this blog world.
Thanks to each of you...let’s continue to cheer one another on in Christ. 



Five Minute Friday


Now, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes to just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous sentiment! We should encourage one another and create community! I agree completely. It's more about cooperation than competition. And kudos for you running that half marathon! I did a 5K back in May. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer...great job on the 5K...and yes cooperation ...not competition. thanks for stopping in...blessings and happy weekend to you~

      Delete
  2. I love this!!! a community that races together and cheers each other on :) very well put

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen...glad you stopped by and gave a cheer:) blessings and cheers back to you~

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Denise...thanks for stopping in...blessings~

      Delete
  4. I was SO on the same page as you today! I have also found the blogging community to be a very affirming one - which is kinda crucial to me as I am no longer well enough to attend church. The internet is a very great thing...

    Great to see you via FMF this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya...so sorry that you deal with an illness that keeps you at home...but I know God Grace and Mercy will meet you everyday...through His Spirit and through these dear ladies in this bloggy world. So gad you stopped by...and blessings to your weekend~

      Delete
  5. Ahh, love this Ro. I keep thinking, it's not a competition, it's community. Any time we imagine it to be otherwise, we are missing the blessing. Love your heart, my friend. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris...Yes...anytime we imagine it otherwise we truly miss the blessings...it becomes a place of grabbing...taking...instead of giving and receiving. Your heart always is gift to me...have a blessed weekend~

      Delete
  6. Oh, I'd love to give you a real hug instead of this cyber one...YES! We join each other on this journey Home...encourage each step. This is definitely a race I'd sign up for ;)

    Love and hugs to you. Enjoy your weekend, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki...maybe one day...maybe one day...until then...(((hugs))) to you my friend...have a great weekend...blessings~

      Delete
  7. I couldn't agree more! I've been encouraged greatly by our blogging community. My nonblogging friends don't understand but I guess I can't expect them to. You have to experience it. And I've experienced it like you have. Loved your post and I'm encouraged.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie...to be honest I am just getting it now...still growing into all the grace found here...but it is something one has to experience to “get It’. thanks for stopping in and giving a little cheer here. grace and blessings to you~

      Delete
  8. I had no idea you are a runner, Ro. You continue to amaze me! And you are running the race of life especially victoriously. I love your analogy, and applying this to the special camaraderie experienced by blogger-joggers! I know that I am plodding slowly, but I wanted to thank you for your cheering me on, even while you are running yourself. You are a very generous encourager!
    Love, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn...well now runner might be too strong of a term:)...my husband and I call our running these days more like slogging....I love slogging along with you here...and your words always cheer me on...to help keep me going. Glad we are in this “race” together. have a great weekend...blessings~

      Delete
    2. Oh a slogging jogging blogging lover of Jesus! I love it! =] Bless you Ro and happy weekend to you, too!

      Delete
  9. Hi Ro,

    I'm impressed you ran a half-marathon, and how encouraging that the crowds cheered for each runner and walker...what a great analogy to our blogging community...So grateful to be able to "run" alongside you...blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad we are running alongside each other too...have a wonderful weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go girl on running a 1/2 marathon! That is so awesome! Love being with you in the race too friend! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete