/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Five Minute Friday Look





For too long I have looked but have not seen. 
There is a difference in looking and seeing.
 Looking is just a glance…seeing is perceiving.
And in the deepest part of every soul… don’t we all want to been seen. 
Not just looked at…or glance upon …but to truly be seen.
God is opening my eyes…to take the time to see those right in front of me…
To see that each person has a need to be seen by another…
Because there are those who live ignored their whole life.

And I love to think…His Spirit can communicate through our eyes…
communicate…”You are not invisible”…”You have value”…”You are seen.”
 And what if…through this seeing…the light of Christ Love shines through…
 And by His spirit…He communicates not only…
"You are seen"…but “You are loved.”



Five Minute Friday


Now, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes to just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

27 comments:

  1. Oh my, Ro...this right here. Is what I needed tonight. So thankful we were neighbors over at Lisa-Jo's so I could read yours before laying my head on the pillow....

    thank you, friend. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki...thanks friend...Have a great weekend~blessings~

      Delete
  2. I love this post, Ro. It is deep and filled with insight. YOu are talking about vision--looking beneath the surface. I ask God for eyes to see Him at work in all things, and to see behind people's facades to the real person beneath--perhaps to the pain, the shyness, the vulnerability, the doubt. I love the way you "see" people, because you see each one's worth as a child of God. THe name of my ministry is Heartsight Journaling, and I ask God to enlighten the eyes of my heart (Eph. 1:18) to be able to see people and situations as God sees them--to have His insight. I also love the quote by the famous French pilot and author, Antoine de Saint-Exupery: "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye." I ask God for heartsight! I think you do too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn...I am tempted to copy and paste this and link it up:)...thanks for these rich words and I love..love that quote...and I pray this along with you my sister. Thank you so much for always giving me rich food...your words~ Have a wonderful weekend~blessings~

      Delete
    2. You are very kind and more than welcome, Ro. Ah, yes, that quote. And do you know from where it comes? From his wonderful book, The Little Prince. If you've not read it, I'd highly recommend it. Now, it's really neat to read it in French, but you don't have to! :-) Thank you again for your beautiful insights! Love, Lynn

      Delete
  3. You are starting a revolution around you.... this concept (I have see in doing this with the people around me) changes them on a cellular level. HE is starting it with you...so they can start it with others.
    a revolution.
    :)
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T...oh what a glorious thought...yes the depths of His love touches deepest parts of us...how amazing to think that we can be apart of this work. Thanks my friend~Have a great weekend~

      Delete
  4. Powerfully written. I enjoyed reading these words as they express the experience of so many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colline...thanks and I am glad you stopped by...blessings~

      Delete
  5. Such joy looking through your eyes, Ro. Looking back at you; glory I see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much and thank you for your words here. Paula blessings to you~

      Delete
  6. Snagged by your picture from FMF. Sunflowers are my very favorite! And beautiful post...Isn't it funny how we all see the same thing in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary...oh a sunflower lover too...and isn’t this what makes the body so wonderful. blessings~

      Delete
  7. love this, Ro...to be truly seen, is to be loved...isn't that what God does for us, and oh, the gift to be able to do that for another person...Blessed weekend to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly...I think the more realized how much we are seen by HIm...we want to see others in the same way. Happy weekend to you~

      Delete
  8. Stopping by from FMF. Being seen and seeing others are themes I have seen (HA!) popping up a lot lately. And it is such poignant timing for me to be seeing all of them. Your post reminded me a lot of the way another blogger I follow writes. You should check her site out, if you don't already - http://traceepersiko.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy...thanks...I will hope over to your place and thanks for pointing me to your friend. blessings as we see with His eyes~

      Delete
  9. I love this, so hope filled and relational. Don't we as women particularly long to see the heart and soul and need of the one before us. More and more intimately. We crave relationships, community. Love this, RO. And I still rejoice in your journeying into Facebook. Want to find you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth...thanks for adding rich words to my heart...people have said they have had trouble finding me...I will try to find you. thanks so much...blessings~

      Delete
  10. Found your blog through Incourage. Your post spoke to me today as I have been struggling with this idea of feeling valued and not just seen. I know that I need to look to Him, the author and perfecter of our faith, to feel truly loved and valued. Thank you for your encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this and for visiting my blog. You have been an encourager to me lately. I am grateful...

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like the thought that GOD is opening your eyes....i tend to put so much emphasis on what I am doing, when it's god at work in me to make anything happen.

    ReplyDelete