/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Standing Isn’t Always An Upright Posture



There are just times on this journey that we have to just stand…
Stand on the truth we know….

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever Hebrews 13:8

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you…2 Peter 3:9

God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? Numbers 23:19

The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemy before you, saying, ‘Destroy him! Deuteronomy 33:27

But the LORD has become my fortress, and my God the rock in whom I take refuge. Psalms 94:22

The LORD is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.  Psalms 116:5

And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
 Romans 5:5

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
 2 Corinthians 9:8

                                                          We stand…
When life presses in from every side…
When we have more questions than answers…
When we are waiting for a moment of break through…
When we have to watch others suffer through trials…

This standing isn’t always an upright posture…
This standing can take place on our knees…
This standing can take place on our face…
This standing can come through tears…
But we stand…in the depths of our souls…
On the Rock…Who is our God.

 Continuing to count all God’s gifts and graces with words and pictures.


  

~4240~4258~

~opportunities for my heart to be stretched
~looking at reality through the eyes of God
~God’s presence
~Wisdom and Grace that only He can bring
~a tender heart
~someone who holds on in the darkest of moments
~the honor of seeing one yield their hurting heart
~love of siblings
~family …all under one roof J
~healing and grace to go where there was once pain
~Ellie…Ellie…Ellie
~bonding with her
~her falling asleep on me
~morning snuggles
~more babies…a niece sharing her news
~beautiful weather
~beautiful Grace
~God’s beautiful Love

    Join me here.... @Ann's,  Playdates, and Soli Deo GloriaGraceful,
            

59 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Elizabeth...glad you stopped by...have a great day...blessings~

      Delete
  2. i like this idea of standing not necessarily straight up....powerful picture. and you know i love it when you share photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendal...may we stand today...how ever and where ever we are today...I am glad you enjoy the pictures...it’s part of how I count. thanks for dropping in...blessings~

      Delete
  3. Oh you make me long to put up a beautiful picture of my awesome family because it is just awesome to look at yours Ells! (I would just be too prideful I must confess!) Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia...I know this struggle too...and I do wonder at times if I should...but for me right now...it is part of how I count...when I started writing down my thanks...I also picked up my camera and tried to take a picture a day...to capture something I was thankful for...but I do think pride can creep in...and i always want to stay sensitive to this. thanks for your words here...and for stopping in...blessings to you~

      Delete
  4. Now I get your title. Clever and true! Standing can occur in a variety of postures. Thanks for sharing those biblical truths...so valuable to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa...sometimes the enemy wants to make us feel like we have to buck up under some false strength...crying...tears that turn to crying out to Him may be the best way to stand somedays~ thanks for being here...happy Monday to you~

      Delete
  5. Makes me think of the old song, "Standing on the Promises." These verses are the truth that we stand on, the anchor and foundation. He will accomplish the work He started. Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina...yes I love that song...I am so thankful for our anchor...blessings to you~

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Ro...you bless me with your words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacque...thanks for much...you are a blessing as well:)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful Ro...you bless me with your words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Ro...you bless me with your words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful truths, Ro, and a beautiful family standing together, hearts linked. I wonder, too, what does my life *stand* for? Am I taking a strong stand for Christ? Am I standing up and being counted?.....by making my life count for Him? Bless you for sharing your stand!
    Love, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn... there are so many ways of standing...standing in the storm....or willing to take a stand...and yes...we sure all want our life to count for HIm...I am sure your life is counting in His kingdom. blessings to you Lynn.

      Delete
  10. This reminds me of a worship song that we sing at church ... "I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned ..." It's a beautiful picture of the posture we all should assume in our walk with God. Speaking of "beautiful pictures", thanks for sharing them as always, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stand up Stand up for Jesus.....I can hear the church resounding with those words! Your words are so true, so necessary.
    Thanks for stopping by my place today.
    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V...I love how this has reminded many of songs...always uplighting to sing of God’s truths...thanks for stopping in...blessings~

      Delete
  12. Those are beautiful words that we need to remember. We stand no matter what the circumstance. I'd like to quote you on my FB page, if that is okay!

    Here is where it will be:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavenly-Glimpses/308441429204505

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theresa,,,I am honored to have you post this on your FB page...blessings to you~

      Delete
    2. Well Ro, this was just what someone needed...a woman commented on FB that your words brought tears to her eyes. Just thought I'd let you know that.

      Delete
    3. Oh Theresa...you are so kind to let me know...I am truly humbled by this...To God Be the Glory...and may she be overwhelmed by God’s love for her. blessings to you my friend

      Delete
  13. I love reading your Monday posts Ro. I have, at times, found myself standing flat on my face on the floor. Great words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda...thanks for stopping by...and your kind words. blessings to you~

      Delete
  14. You are poetry! Family under one roof! Standing - in the depths of our soul - oh, I have been there - your post in an anthem to me this week - one I need to print out and put on my fridge, my rear view mirror (though that might create visual problems with the road) - and at my work desk! Blessings to you this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so blessed and thankful that God can use these words to encourage another....blessings to your week as you stand on the Rock~

      Delete
  15. Your title alone has convicted me and inspired me. Love these glimpses into your family, Ro. Blessings to you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia...blessings to you and thanks for dropping in~

      Delete
  16. Hi Ro, I'm new to your blog and I've truly enjoyed my first visit. What a gorgeous family you have!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Betty Jo...so glad you took the time to stop by...blessings to you~

      Delete
  17. I love your heart, Ro! Beautiful words & family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie...thanks so much...blessings~

      Delete
  18. Ro, this was just what I needed this morning... again a confirmation of all that God is and all that God wants for us, His beloveds. So beautifully penned... But we stand… in the depths of our souls… On the Rock… Who is our God.
    His steadfastness gives me hope
    Please pray with us. My daughter's adoption of a little girl she has poured her heart out for five years and cared for, is almost through. Satan is throwing some fiery darts in the form of an abusive dad showing up for the first time in five years to take an interest just before the final signing stages...but our God is bigger...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful for God truths...so glad you stopped by...and I will lift your sweet daughter in prayer...I am scribed to her blog...she is an amazing you lady. Keep me posted...blessings and may you and your daughter feel the strong Hand of the Lord today~

      Delete
  19. such wisdom, Ro...yes, standing on our knees before Him is the only way to lean on The Rock...your family is beautiful,and Ellie..oh my...blessings, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly...thanks for dropping in...blessings~

      Delete
  20. Standing in the depth of my soul...yes, I've stood on the Rock there many times. And your sweet, sweet Ellie. I love the picture of her holding on to your necklace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela...I think that picture captured a little bit of heaven...thanks for stopping in...blessings~

      Delete
  21. OH, just, AMEN, Ro! Standing with you, friend. And, my, your family is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura...thanks...all standing together...one heart on one Anchor...thanks for dropping in...blessings to you~

      Delete
  22. I love your family pictures - especially the beautiful babies! these verses are perfect for my new series - 31 days of Homeschool encouragement I love all the ones you chose - thanks Ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelli...i will have to pop over...way to go writing for 31 straight days:) blessings as you journey for these 31 days~

      Delete
  23. What a beautiful post. i love the weaving of Scripture.
    At a women's retreat this past spring each woman was given a small canvas with her initial and a word. My word was Stand. This gives me new thoughts as I look at mine on my desk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie...I love how God just whisper to us in surprising places...so glad you stopped by...blessings as you stand in Him.

      Delete
  24. It's so good to just stop and read His word. Thanks for sharing with WIP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MaryBeth...glad you did stop in...blessings~

      Delete
  25. thanks for drawing my attention to that verse in daniel. i've read it many, many times - but never noticed the power in just those words. oh yes, there is a God in Heaven Who reveals mysteries!

    blessings, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richelle...I do find so much comfort in that verse...thanks for stopping in~ blessings~

      Delete
  26. The headband on that child alone makes me want to have another baby. Ahhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should see some of her headbands...I would have loved to have had them when my kids were young....so adorable:) thanks for stopping in...blessings~

      Delete
  27. Great thoughts on standing, especially like the collection of verses building up to your thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

    -Bob

    ReplyDelete