/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Monday, September 10, 2012

Love Matures Wisdom



The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom…
We interpreted this scripture according to our view of God…
For most of my life…God was equated with performance…earning His love…
 And fear of punishment.

Yes…fear can serve a purpose…
It can hold us back from choosing sin…
Just like the thought of child facing an angry parent can keep him from being foolish…
But this kind of parenting can ‘t bring a child to maturity…
And  will never build a relationship…a friendship…
Because relationship can only be built on love.

Yes, fear is only the beginning of wisdom…
Love matures the wisdom…
Fear motives to do the least to get by…
Love dilates our hearts to give all …
Fear keeps God at a distance…
Love draws us into His heart…

Did you know that almost every book of the bible has a “fear not” scripture?

Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom Luke 12:32

So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Matthew 10:31

Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.1 John 4:18

Fear can’t produce love…
But love will bring us to our knees
To worship God …
To fear…have reverential awe…
To honor…and revere…
Love opens our heart to His Majesty…
A majesty filled with Compassion, Mercy and Grace.

Now, instead of these scriptures driving me/you…
 to earn through performance…
evoking fear…
The kind fear that separate us from God…
These words convey comfort…
A place to rest in His love for us.

The Lord is a friend to those who fear him. He teaches them his covenant. Psalm 25:14

Fear the Lord, you his godly people, for those who fear him will have all they need. Psalm 33:18

The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. Psalm 103:13


 I pray that you and I will continue to truly know how much He loves us…and His perfect love will cast out the wrong kind of fear…and replace it with awe and wonder as we abide and rest in His loving heart for us.

I continue to count with words and pictures the beauty of His love for me.

A quick trip to help out...but oh look at the reward:)



It seems they always find their way out here:)



~4005~4019~

~walking in more courage
~opportunities to lean on God
~Forgiveness
~wisdom that comes from God…and God alone
~working out
~son happy in college
~daughter and I watching kids for a ladies Bible study
~lunch with my Dad
~God giving the courage and words to write a letter
~hosting a dinner for the athletic department
~a Sunday with most of the kids home
~oh yes it’s worth counting many times…seeing my sweetness EllieJ


46 comments:

  1. I love this, "love matures the wisdom." Having grown up with fear of punishment, I think that while fear has its place, a loving relationship is a better motive for obedience. Great post and beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina...Don’t we really want our kids to make choices out of love and not fear of punishment... punishment can be a determent...but Love is what transforms us...so glad God is bringing us into His love...blessings to you~

      Delete
  2. Wonderful words to ponder! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy...thanks for stopping in...happy Monday~

      Delete
  3. I've been thinking about this concept a lot lately. Maybe because of what I'm reading in books and on blogs, or maybe God's trying to get this firmly planted in my head. Thanks, Ro, for being another nudge to "rest" in God's love that casts out fear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth...praises to Him...He is faithful...thanks for stopping by...blessings to you~

      Delete
  4. Oh, you are singin' my song here.
    Yes, love is such a better motivator than fear.

    Quiet wisdom, Ro, reaching the deep places.
    Thank you for these words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelli...so thankful for His love...glad you stopped by...blessings to you~

      Delete
  5. Wonderful post. Found you at Aimee's blog. I count too.... most of the time I do not linky up. Love your pics.

    grace~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teena...glad you dropped in today...blessings as you continue to count all HIs love to you~

      Delete
  6. I love that thought. Fear is the beginning of wisdom, but love matures wisdom. So true. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa...God has been working this in my heart for some time now...blessing and thanks for stopping by~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Oh I can’t argue with you...she is a sweet heart...thanks so much for stopping in~

      Delete
  9. i loved this post. so much so that I feel like I may print it out and keep in my pocket. I tried to go on and on about it earlier today but I had a sketchy internet connection and couldn't post my comment.
    This post is like one I need to read and absorb.
    Thank you.
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T...I am blessed you found help here today...I pray God will continue to reveal His heart to you...He is so faithful...blessings~

      Delete
  10. oh, my...I would count EllieJ twice also in thanksgiving...such freedom in letting His love transform us, and shape us while having also that respect for Him...slowly learning and growing in this area...thanks for the encouragement, Ro :) blessings and hugs to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly...yes...counting many many thanks for her...Love and respect do go hand and hand...without each one...we really won’t have the other...hugs back to you friend.

      Delete
  11. I've never read this scripture this way but it makes so much sense. Thank you for sharing that insight! And I agree with Sharon. That baby is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura...won’t it be a lifetime of seeing...and seeing again...He is faithful to continue to be our teacher. and thanks...yes ...I am all taken by that sweet little one:)...thanks for stopping in...blessings~

      Delete
  12. Enjoyed reading your list and seeing your photos of the love of family, and what a sweet little one! Thanks for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherry...thanks for stopping in...and yes...she is a sweet little joy~blessings to you~

      Delete
  13. I've always thought that there are 2 kinds of fear - one meaning respect, revere - and that is how God wants us to "fear" Him. Then, there is the "fear" not - the feeling of terror. I have always wondered about the original words - and what kind of difference:)

    Beautiful baby - I bet she left lots of baby dust (like pixie dust) on your heart. It sounds like you have been facing some heart challenges - praying for peace, grace and God's resolution.

    Wishing you blessing during the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maryleigh...yes she leaves that baby dust that sticks deeply in my heart...thanks for the prayers...yes there are some challenges going on...a chance to be stretched and to grow in Him. thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  14. wow, so good!I have learned thru parenting that fear without the understanding of love behind it creates a child who rebels. I think this works the same with the Lord. These two go hand in hand, one without the other not good. So grateful He does love us soooooo much.

    Never been over here. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marlece...your words here are so good...so true...so glad you stopped by...blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
  16. love matures the wisdom....love this. yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendal...thanks...may we all grow in love so His wisdom will abound. blessings~

      Delete
  17. Oh my goodness... she is precious!! That big bow makes me smile! :) Walking in more courage... wow, what a wonderful gift that is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer...oh yes those bows...everyday...everywhere...she looks completely different without it on...thanks for stopping in...blessings~

      Delete
  18. "Love dilates our heart to give all" - I love that! It is so true His love does expand our ability to love and give... Beautiful post! :) Stopping by from Getting Down with Jesus link up - blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danise...so glad you stopped by...and yes...may He expand our heart to love and give....blessings to you~

      Delete
  19. Oh what love can do....

    What a wonderful post! I was told in college the Bible has 365 Bible verses that reference how to overcome the wrong kind of fear. One for every day...Now, why haven't the calendar people jumped on that one....or maybe they have ;)

    And that baby Ellie...oh my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nikki...yes one for everyday:) let’s live it everyday~

      Delete
  20. I love what you say about "fear not" being in almost every book of the Bible. and I've heard it's mentioned in Scripture something like 365 times in all ... one for each day of the year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer...wouldn’t it be wonderful to live fear not each day...let’s grow in God’s grace and have more fear not days~

      Delete
  21. Beautiful words! And that bow? Precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes...that bow...since the day she was born...she looks so different without it on...but still adorable. blessings~

      Delete
  22. This is good. I want to have the right kind of fear and eliminate the wrong kind. It's a battle I have to fight often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa...oh yes...love being the soil that all else grows out of...blessings~

      Delete
  23. I've heard there are 365 verses in the Bible about fear, one for each day of the year. I haven't studied that out for myself, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. God always knows just what we need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth...it must be important...it is the first thing Jesus spoke when He appeared to the disciples...don’t be afraid. Praises...He does know what we need.~ blessings to you~

      Delete
  24. Oh my friend,

    It's been a while since we've talked. I wanted to come by and see how you're doing, Ro. Shoot me an email sometime--It hasn't been as easy to write real letters as I thought--but sometime soon for sure. I love all your posts. I love the scriptures on fear--they speak to my heart--and seeing pictures of your family--I see some of you in little Ellie! Blessings and love. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment was/is extremely true: Just like the thought of child facing an angry parent can keep him from being foolish… But this kind of parenting can ‘t bring a child to maturity…
    ===============
    After most of my years of growth, operating in fear and overwhelming responsibility, I did not mature. I have always been a bit behind the ones who are my age and have grown and grown some more. I can be intensely involved in situations [First Responders, Bhutanese families, Ugandan dear ones, etc.], but I rarely feel that I fit in very well in almost any place. Grateful that my husband loves me anyhow.

    But fear truly was an at-home problem. I wouldn't seem to accept it, on my face, but it was buried deeply into my heart. Am also grateful that the Lord broke through. Maybe when I'm 80 or 90 I'll truly seem mature. Could be interesting, at the very least.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh that bow. Oh that baby. Too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  27. For a long time fear of punishment or bad consequences motivated my behavior. I've come to learn that "fear" of the Lord also means a healthy respect. Out of respect (and love as you said) for God, I choose to obey Him. This makes a huge difference. Thanks for linking up with WIP!

    ReplyDelete