/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

When There’s Not A Dream.




In the blog world there is much talk about dreams… God-sized dreams.
Aspirations to accomplish…Desires to accomplish…Longings to to be met.

I am two short years away from being done with homeschooling…
Just one high school child left to educate.
26 years of schooling coming to an end.
People are starting to ask me …so what do you want to do?
What have you longed to do but knew you could not because of raising kids?
 So many people have something tucked back into their heart …
Ready to be called forth and let grow.…
Me? ... Nothing.
To be honest…I don’t have anything…
I don’t know if this is good or not…
This is a mixed bag for me.

First, I am thankful for the work of God in my life…
Bringing me to a place of contentment…
More of a child-like trust…
Not having to see into the future…living in the present
Because I believe life unfolds as we walk with Him…
There is no longer a need for striving …
I no longer have to grab because I am afraid I won’t get…
Knowing how much one is Loved has a way of settling a heart…
Bringing rest so one can live in the abiding love of the Father.

But not knowing anything that I would love to do…long to try…
This not knowing may be threaded with lies I have believed…
These threads binding and blinding me …
Holding me back from receiving all God has for me.

 Getting out into the blog world is a huge step for me…
But even in that I am not a writer that needs a place to release my craft…
Most of the time I feel like a fish out of water.

After this past weekend I feel the rumbling of change…
And unearthing of buried lies…
Lies needing to be replaced by His Truth…
He is taking me on a fresh journey of faith…
A faith walk that’s like traveling in the dark with a small flashlight…
This light only reveals the very next step …
I feel His nearness on this journey…
His voice…
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

Sometimes, a Life of Faith can leave us feeling clueless…
But I am not sure it is all bad to be clueless…
I see my heart like a white board…so much has been erased…
And now I am more willing to hand over the writing…
 To the ONE who writes His truths on my heart with Love .

Join me today and be blessed @God-bumps. Duane WLWW,Life in BloomWIP

30 comments:

  1. Wow. You have shared so honestly and so powerfully here. I love the voice of your contentment in God and your family... but it sounds like there is a stirring too, and maybe God is calling you higher and deeper. There is so much you have to share with us mamas :) You have so much love and encouragement to give! I am blessed to know you in this "blog world"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele...thanks...yes...God is stirring and I know He wants me to walk in freedom with Him..no matter if a dream is planted or not...blessings to you~

      Delete
  2. Ro, I love your contentment to stay with Him, your faith, your knowing that He IS doing something in you. The not knowing yet doesn't mean an amazing action is not taking place, a beginning. Isn't all life a beginning, again, with Him? Keep leaning in, friend. Keep listening. Oh, you are beautiful! We would lose our breath to know what He sees, what He has in store! {And He is so excited to show you more of what He always sees!} Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer...thanks for these words...yes...we would be undone all at once if we could really see...I do know this...He does want us free...free to love HIm...free to love others...free to follow where ever He leads...thanks for stopping by~blessings

      Delete
  3. thank you for your honesty....refreshing. and that weekend away? sounds divine. enjoy this, your next to last teaching year, ells! when do you start? my students hit campus tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendal...thanks...I long to live honest first before God...and out of that place live honest and real before others...starting...we are on a slow ramp up...to be in full swing when my son leaves for college...blessings to you as you pour your life into these young people.

      Delete
  4. I can relate to what you are saying as He asks me to be specific in my prayers. It's challenging me to think more intentionally about every day He gives me, knowing I want to fulfill His call on my life. I think its good to be in a season of transition, even though it feels unsettling. It means a new season is on the horizon for you. So glad you stepped out to blog, you have such a big heart that exudes His love. Excited to be walk this with you, see how your life unfolds as you seek Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelly...He has brought me to this place...living in the day...moment...my struggle comes more from letting Him expand my heart to look beyond with His eyes and be willing to let Him speak in new ways in my life...love walking with you as well...blessings to you~

      Delete
  5. I have no idea what I want to do when our homeschooling journey is over (I've got 4 years left)... For now, I'm striving to savor each moment because they are passing quickly. My man and I are driving one son to Bible college next week and I'm in a kind of daze right now. Thank you for sharing your words!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy...yes I am find not knowing...these next 2 years are very important...but I think it is that I don’t have or believe in an ability past homeschooling...So thankful He will lead and guide.

      Delete
  6. This line, right here: "Knowing how much one is Loved has a way of settling a heart…"

    What a gift you've been given by the Lord, to view the world in such a God-focused way. You speak truth over us. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer...thank you...He has won me to Himself by HIs love...I long to continue to see myself and the world around me through HIs eyes...thanks for stopping by~

      Delete
  7. Ro~ I appreciate your candidness here, your willingness to share this new season you're entering into. I know this: Whatever He calls you to, it will be amazing because He is amazing. Whether it's a quiet something, or a more outwardly obvious something, I know He will lead and guide you along the way, and because you love Him, because you seek Him, whatever it is will be a blessing, not just to you--but to the lives you continue to touch as you serve. Beautiful, my friend. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris...amen to all you say here...and i agree...it doesn’t matter big..small...hidden...seen...just want to allow Him to lead me...or give me something from that He has for me....blessings to you~

      Delete
  8. Appreciating your authenticity and willingness to wait on God. Every blessing for the dreams He has for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audra...thanks for dropping in and taking the time to comment here...I hope to stop in to your place soon...blessings to you~

      Delete
  9. I stumbled on your blog this afternoon or so I thought. God in His merciful grace brought me to your blog to encourage my heart. What a blessing it was to read your beautiful words of authenticity and eloquence. Thank you for confirming in my heart the absolute wonder and joy of serving Jesus. He is all that we need - isn't He?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb...wow...I am taken back by your words...blessed that you could feel God encouraging you from words written here...praises to Him...and yes and amen...He is all we need.

      Delete
  10. yep yep yep... let down your your human sized ideas...let God sized plans in.
    nice and tidy.
    :)
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T...letting go of lies...I believe will leave room for whatever He has...thanks~

      Delete
  11. really resonated with your heart here, and your experience of letting God erase lies, and write new truth here...praying for both of us to be open to whatever He wants to write on our hearts and in our lives...and you know what? you are a writer because you write, and you encourage so many of us with your words...xoxo, Ro :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly...oh this made me laugh...I guess it is true...if we write...we are writers:) Thanks and blessings to you dear Dolly~

      Delete
  12. This too will be my last year to homeschool, 21 years. I too feel lost not having a dream. Feeling lost not sure who I am. I know this will be a year of change and I will grow in my faith by trusting Him to show which way to go. What a journey the last 20 years have been. But there is more to come. That is my hope. Thanks for your post. I too find strength knowing in am loved by an awesome God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...a new chapter...to be honest...I peaceful ...but I am realizing I just haven’t really let God speak to me this way...I just want to be open...and yes...He does love us so and He will lead us to continue to be found faithful in His kingdom in this new chapter...have a wonderful last year...blessings and so glad you stopped by~

      Delete
  13. I love this Ro. I think it great wisdom to wait quietly for the next step. Your story was written long ago, and He knows the best path for your life. I know the Father will guide you as you simply rest in Him.
    We have had an empty nest for years now. It is only recently that I've grabbed hold of a dream that I never thought I would. It just happened the way you've said - one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda...the scripture He gave me yesterday...We are God’s workmanship...created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance”...Linda we definitely are in the minority in this sweet blog community...glad to have another “older” woman to share with...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  14. What a blessing it is to be neighbors at Denise's today. I love your heart.

    A white dry erase board....I love that.
    Thank YOU for encouraging me to keep striving, friend. I want that, too...the comfort found in being clueless...

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki...may we allow His pen of love to write His story upon our hearts...blessings and hugs to you~

      Delete
  15. This is the faith I want. I want to live in the present instead of always striving for the future. I want to be content with being blind and simply allow Him to lead me. I need to print out this post and put it up where I can remember your wisdom. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina...God is faithful to lead us to this freedom...one step at a time...leaving more of ourselves behind...being filled more with Him...Glad to be on this journey with you:)

      Delete