/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Friday, August 17, 2012

Stretching...Five-Minute Friday





I wasn’t going to do the five-minute challenge today…
until I woke to see the word stretch. 
Because that is exactly what God is doing with me…stretching…
stretching my heart so His Love, Grace and Mercy can fill my heart.
Words right now that need to accompany stretch are… Yes…Yield…Surrender…Trust…Leave behind…

All of these are what I need to do…so I can walk in His love…
And not to return “evil” or the more fitting words I can fill in…
But to walk the extra mile…turn the other cheek…
to rejoice with those who rejoice.

God is always faithful to answer prayers…especially when I ask Him…
 To make me more like Him…change my heart…teach me to love…
Is there really any other way?
But to allow God to be the Potter…me the clay…to mold me and make me…

So I must say… I am thankful…
I have a sweet anticipation… a hopeful expectancy…
that as I walk through this time of stretching…
He is answering my heart’s deepest desires…
To be more like Him.

 Join me today and all the fun at Five Minute Fridays.

21 comments:

  1. I love this! God is always stretching us into this and that. He shapes us a certain way, based on the gifts we have. We are all part of his plan, and Prayer is certainly something we must do to help fulfill his will, so that we may know what to do and what not to do. Very Cool Blog! (i'm visiting from the Five Min Friday! and i'm glad I came across this blog)

    Come Join me at my blog:

    http://lifeofusandsaints.blogspot.ca/

    Have a Great day,
    God bless,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike...thanks for stopping by...have a blessed weekend~

      Delete
  2. "I have a sweet anticipation… a hopeful expectancy…" YES! OH to be more like Him...love what you said. We have to ask for it. :)

    So glad you decided to join in. Always blessed by you!
    Happy Friday to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki...I love when I can write words as He is writing them on my heart...blessed by you as well my friend~

      Delete
  3. Oooh Ro, those are hard words, "trust, surrender, yeild..." I love what God is doing in you, praying that ou feel His love as he pulls at your heart and molds you.... Love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris...Oh His Love is what carries any of us as we are stretched by His kind hands...thanks for stopping in...blessings~

      Delete
  4. Such good thoughts on "stretch", and I like the words that you used, describing what you need to do in order to "stretch" and make room for more of Him. (And thanks for your visit and comment left on "The Name" yesterday.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherry...glad to you see dropped by...have a wonderful weekend...blessings~

      Delete
  5. Learning similar lessons on my journey right now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy...may God continue to meet you right where you are...and may we both allow Him to have His way in our lives...blessings to you...thanks for dropping in~

      Delete
  6. i like this - "hopeful expectancy"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendal...so thankful He has done this work in my heart...He is faithful~

      Delete
  7. It is a desire He longs to fulfill. I am sure of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda...Amen...I am too...thanks for dropping by~

      Delete
  8. Ro, your beautiful post, inspired by the five-minute Friday "stretch," in turn, really inspired me......especially the part about stretching the naturally brittle heart not to return evil and to stretch the legs in going the extra mile. I just realized when I read this, with gratitude, that God stretched my heart, taut and brittle with breaking, to return the rebuff and rejection of my dearest friend of 37 years with kindness and compassion two days ago when she ended our lifelong friendship without any real explanation.....stretching my heart wide enough to leave an opening for her if she should chose to resume our friendship. And if not, I pray that this painful stretching will allow me to take in more of Jesus, who, Himself, was rejected by men. He gave me the grace two days ago to go the extra mile and return cruelty with kindness. Thank you for stretching your heart widely to take us all into your gracious love! I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lynn...so sorry for your pain...I understand this all too well...but I truly believe it is right here where we get to walk in Divine Love...human love falls too short in these places...I can pray for you as I pray for myself...thanks for your beautiful words here...blessings to you~

      Delete
  9. Stretching with hopeful expectancy that my dreams would be fulfilled. Loved your post today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbie...He has changed my heart from expectations...to hopeful expectancy in HIm...nice to see you here...blessings~

      Delete
  10. I love how one of your words in stretching is "trust." Yes, that is where I am, too. Trust Him, trust this way, trust this path, this time, this thing.

    Yes, I am walking this road too. Nice to see you here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber...Grace to you too as we walk where Jesus leads...even when it means stretching...thanks for stopping by...blessings to you~

      Delete
  11. Oh yes, friend, we ARE neighbors today! Such beauty and wisdom in your words here: "as I walk through this time of stretching…He is answering my heart’s deepest desires…To be more like Him." Thank you for sharing your heart. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete