/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Relationships in Light of the Cross



Oh ,this word relationship
It brings with it a sting…
At times it can still make me want to retreat.
 I have been richly blessed in relationships…
I have been deeply wounded in relationships…
But all relationships provoke this question…
What does love look like?
I long to live a fuller life of love …
And right now my heart is being stretched…
To make more room for LOVE…
 To fill all …to be able to cover all … no matter what.

So when I ask…What does love look like here?
He turns my gaze to the Cross…
To look at the reality …the ugly…beautiful…
 And I need to look no further…
Love requires all…my blood…sweat and tears…
Because I am not above my Master.

While Jesus was hanging on the brutal cross…
His body being torn apart…
With searing pain coursing through His body…
His soul and spirit being taxed to the utter most…
All while…
People no different from me…from you…
Stood looking upon Love …
 While they hurled insults at Him…accused Him and abused Him.

Jesus only response toward these “haters” …
Is the same one He preached in the sermon on the mount…


But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which spitefully use you, and persecute you; Matt.5:44

Jesus lived what He preached…
His plea…
 Father forgive them for they know not what they do.”
 These are some of the last words He spoke…
The last act of His will until He said…
 “Father into your hands I commit my spirit.”

As I am reading John’s account of the gospel…I am startled…
I have read this story more times than I can count…
But I see it with new eyes…because He is faithful to show us when we ask…
Once again Jesus brings to action the words He preached…



But if you forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. Matt. 6:15

After the resurrection, Jesus has a short interaction with His disciples…
What does He want to say to them first?
What is most on His heart to share with the disciples?


Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.” John 20:21-23

I take a breath…I see…
the last act of His will before he died…
the first words of instruction after His resurrection…
FORGIVNESS.

 Forgiveness is the foundation to healthy relationships…
Forgiveness is the only path to Love…
Always…continually…without limits.
How does Love cover over a multitude of sins?
The blood of forgiveness…
Whether we are right in the middle of being wounded…
Or if the wounds are old and festered with the justification of unforgiveness…
Love…always forgives.

He shows me clear… Just like the disciples…
I need to let Him breath upon me…
Letting Him fill me with His Spirit…
Letting His truth penetrate my inmost thoughts.


Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.” John 20:21-23


Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Colossians 3:13

Does the reality of the Cross…
Jesus forgiving as He took His last breaths seem too dramatic?…too unattainable?
Yes…but we don’t need to lose heart…



"What is impossible with men is possible with God." Luke 18:27

I need the Cross to truly be my daily reality…
Showing me the only way to love…
As I follow Jesus
Picking up my cross
And just like Jesus
I pray…
Not my will but yours
I yield
Into your hands I commend my spirit
Emptied out…so He can come
Breath His Spirit into my life
Filling me…empowering me
To forgive…to love…
Like He has forgiven me…
Like He has loved me…


"For this reason I say to you, her sins, which are many, have been forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little."
Luke 7:47


Father I  thank -you that you come in Love to set us free…to conform every area of our lives to be more like your Son Jesus…the One who Loved fully…completely. I thank -you that you will continue to meet each one of us right where we are…not holding a standard for us to attain…but supplying all we need to take whatever steps You ask…that You provide all the Grace we need to yield all our wounds, our thoughts, our actions to Your everlasting Love. 
Lord ,have your way today in each heart that you bring here.
                                             Thank-you…Thank-you Abba Father.

Join me today @Ann’sGod-bumps. Duane WLWW,Life in BloomWIP

29 comments:

  1. Oh, indeed. Forgiveness.
    What worship it is, no? To give God His rightful place as Judge and me take mine -- as not able to judge.
    I think true forgiveness must go hand-in-hand with compassion, as well. At least it does for me.
    Such a lovely post, friend. Lifting Him up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelli...amen...I don’t think we can have compassion without forgiveness...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  2. The ugly and the beautiful....yes!
    striving with you, friend, to make the cross my daily reality.

    Thank you for always pointing me towards Him. What a gift you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki...this is one of those seamless post...my journal...my wrestling with God...blessings to you~

      Delete
  3. I'm always asking to see people through His eyes, to have my heart break like His heart. It is hard, but oh so necessary! Awesome post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy...I am with you...His eyes...His heart...and I am so thankful He gives all the grace for both...glad you stopped in...blessings~

      Delete
  4. It's through those relationships that we find out who we are, who He is in the deepest, most true sense of love. It all begins and ends there doesn't it - with love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shelly...yes it does begin and end in love...blessings~

      Delete
  5. The last thing and the first thing He said, wow, powerful. Forgiveness is the foundation. So true! I love the way you wrote this. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina...thanks...I want to walk in the fullness of His love...what encompasses full forgiveness. blessings to you~

      Delete
  6. I was just telling a friend the other day that anything worth having is hard work. This is so true with relationships. It's hard work to keep them going, to forgive, to show true love.

    Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Beth...yes...loving even when it cuts deep and hurts...thanks for dropping in~

      Delete
  7. Christ's example of forgiveness is extraordinary. Thanks for pointing out the insight that his final act was that of forgiving. It's the least that I can do as well. Inspiring post, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth...I had never seen that before...so thankful when He wants us to see something...He will make it clear. blessings to you~

      Delete
  8. the two most powerful words for me... "I yield..." and all those two words encompass.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog home today!

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen...simple words with huge implications...thanks for stopping in too...blessings~

      Delete
  9. Love does have its ugly, painful side. It is all about forgiveness - not in our own strength but in that which is given by God. Thank you for sharing your thoughts - simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. marianne...yes love does...aren’t we as humans so tempted to keep it on the warm fuzzy side...oh for His grace...so thankful He makes the way...glad you stopped in...blessings~

      Delete
  10. This ministers to me. Love is not a whimsical feeling. It comes at great cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda...oh yes...love is not whimsical...great word...thanks for dropping by...blessings~

      Delete
  11. Beautiful.....Love....spilled out for me, hung from a tree. Thank you for sharing and linking up at Simply Helping Him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty...nice to see you here...blessings~

      Delete
  12. Beautiful post and thank you Jesus for conquering the Cross -- ! Glory to you Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, eyes on the cross. Eyes on the cross. Eyes on the cross. What wondrous gift is this, that our King would die for us?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Without his blood there would be no relationship--with Him and redemption what darkness would cover the earth! We need to remember that don't we? I don't want to take it for granted. Every time he comes to us, we need to breath out a prayer, "Lord, help me love you back." That's what I want more than anything to love him back...thanks for this, Ro.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dea...I love that prayer...Help me Love you back....yes indeed~ blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't tell you how excited I got when I saw you linked up over at Duane's place today;) This was a beautiful re-read, friend. thank you for this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually remember this one! Thank you for sharing it again!

    ReplyDelete