/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Monday, July 30, 2012

What Shakes Our Faith the Most?


While holding a burden in my heart before

 the Throne of Grace and Mercy,

I become weary…a weariness that opens up cracks…
Through these cracks, the enemy tries to slither …
Hissing his lies…spitting his venom …
Attempting to deafen and blind me to the truth.

Here in the dark night…
The enemy doesn’t attack with darts to deflate my faith…
Oh no, he is more hideous than this…
He knows shaking my faith alone won’t cause me to falter…
What would shake me, my faith, the most ?
A wrong view of God…a weak view of God.
In the dark, through the clouds, the whispers come…
Satan hints, “Does God really care? “
“If He cared, why then, why is the battle so long?”
“Can you trust His love?”
“And if this is what His care and love looks like,
do you really want to trust this kind of Love?”

This battle rages…not against my faith…
but it’s an all out assault on His very character…
the very essence of who God is…LOVE…
God is the God of perfect Love…unfailing love.

During the battle, I pray…I question…
Are these really prayers to the Lord or my own desperate demands?
Demands disguised as “compassion” or “concern” or
“a momma’s love.”
Demands on God that He lift the burden from my heart…
in the way that seems best to me.
Working it out in a way that I would call love…even His Love.
Answering these prayers in my way…in my time.

So, in our weakest moments, when the deepest cries of our hearts are shrouded in a cloud of confusion placed there by our adversary,
we have a choice.
We can either listen to the lies of the enemy…
 who aims to tarnish the beauty of His Love…
 allowing these lies to shrink our view of God…
Or we can pour out our hearts…all the confusion…all the pain
all the burden…all poured at His feet… 
in this pouring out…this emptying out…
we make room to be filled…
And  we now can choose to worship His True Beauty…
His Majesty…His Love…
Letting this worship expand our view of God…
Opening our eyes to see the depths of His love…
Enlarging our hearts…
To receive His True Love…
Filling us with greater trust and faith…
 in the Creator of the universe.

continuing to count with words and pictures...


Ellie bringing joy to Great Grandma
cousins...the tall side of the family

cousins...the not so tall ones:)


~Hubby having a week off
~some deep cleaning
~breakfast together in the middle of the week
~trip to East Tennessee to visit family
~beautiful mountains
~running
~the blessing of family 
~enjoying time together
~sweet time with friends
~ a hubby who will work on my back for days
~seeing God come when all hope seems gone
~light shining in dark places
~stopping on our way home to have lunch with Amy, Jared, Ellie
~a wonderful son-in-love who turns 30 today
~God’s never ending love
Join me today @ Ann's,  Playdates, and Soli Deo Gloria, God-bumps. Duane WLWW,Life in BloomWIP

39 comments:

  1. Seeing God come when all hope is gone...I had one of those this weekend. It's usually at the most unexpected time and it always totally takes me aback! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy...yes...those unexpected times...His ways are not our ways...thanks for stopping in...blessings~

      Delete
  2. Oh, I know just what you mean. Doubting God's goodness--that's something I never want to do, but something that can creep in anyway. Thanks for your encouragement to see it for what it is, a tactic of the enemy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa...yes it is so subtle sometimes...just the smallest of whispers to tarnish God’s love...blessings to you~

      Delete
  3. I absolutely adore the way you write! Thank you for sharing your list and your words. Happy Birthday to your son-in-love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy...oh you are too kind...If you have read here much you know this is way out of my comfort zone...so your kind words really bless my tentative heart. thanks so much for stopping in...blessings~

      Delete
  4. It's all about that daily surrendering to God and His faithfulness. I appreciate your vulnerability here, Ro. It's what we all face and hear--but who we listen to is the most important part of surrendering! Great post as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth...yes...seeing we have 100’s of choices throughout the day to choose...as Ann said today...we are always saying yes to someone...I want to say yes to God and His Spirit. thanks for dropping in...blessings~

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love you heart poured out here with tapped letters on a screen offering so much grace. This is so true...
    "This battle rages…not against my faith…
    but it’s an all out assault on His very character…
    the very essence of who God is…LOVE…
    God is the God of perfect Love…unfailing love."

    and then your response, what ours should always be...
    "Letting this worship expand our view of God…
    Opening our eyes to see the depths of His love…
    Enlarging our hearts…
    To receive His True Love…"

    Beautiful heart, beautiful writing. So glad we were neighbors at Ann's. Find me on Facebook if you are on there -- I would love to connect. My page www.facebook.com/lifesurrendered or my personal profile www.facebook.com/alifesurrendered

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele...my kids keep telling me I need to get my own facebook...I just get on theirs...mostly to see all the pics of my sweet grandbaby...I may have to join in at some point...have a blessed day~

      Delete
  6. I tell ya what...as your long time blog friend, lol... you , my friend, have good genes.
    What a bunch of beautiful faces!
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T...you are soo sweet...yes you get the award for someone who has stuck here the longest:) blessings to you friend~

      Delete
  7. Being emptied to be filled...may He empty my heart of all the lies I've believed and fill me with Him alone. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina...yes..no more lies...walking in the truth of His LOve...glad to see ya...blessings~

      Delete
  8. Yes, I want to be filled with greater trust and faith. I choose to be emptied so He can fill me.
    Beautifully written as always!
    Beautiful faces above!
    Blessings:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin...thanks...and yes...let’s be empty vessels to be filled with more of Him...together sister...blessings~

      Delete
  9. Thank you, Ro, for sharing how God gave you hope and truth in your dark place as the evil one threw his lies at you...so glad to read your sweet hubby is working on your back...hope you are not in pain...always a joy to see baby Ellie and your beautiful family...may God's love and comfort continue to surround you and yours (Psalm 40:1-3) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly...yes..He was a trooper...it is getting better...getting ready to take advantage of my PT son. glad to see you here...blessings~

      Delete
  10. Yes, oh yes. This is so good, friend.

    You wrote it in first person singular, but I bet first/plural would have been just as appropriate -- WE can all relate.

    I love the conclusion. It's His character that is under attack. And it is not only casually important -- it is THE primary thing.

    After all, you and I will only ever be as big as our God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelli...yes...it is the Primary things...blessings as we allow our God to be really big:) thanks for stopping in~

      Delete
  11. oaky, ells. next time you are in est tennessee and have an extra hour or two, let me know. i could drive over in not too much time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kendal...where do you live...my daughter lives in knoxville...my in laws...the very northeast corner?

      Delete
  12. It is so clear to me that the enemy will try any and all types of attacks. Praying for you that you would continue to rest in His truth, that He is mighty and He is able and He is all things for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen...thanks...yes...He proves Himself faithful over and over again~ blessings to you~

      Delete
  13. Oh, yes, he is a sneaky devil. It always helps me when I remember who I am battling. And just look at that cutie in the green bow! Now that is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura...keeping our eyes and ears tuned in the right direction...and yes...is she not so adorable:) thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  14. It really is a choice, isn't it. I would much rather allow God to fill my heart than give the cracks to the Enemy. A good reminder for me today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela...amen...let’s let God come and fill the cracks with His Light and Truth...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  15. Listening for the voice of truth here, rather than the persistent voice of the enemy...

    (And what a cute little sweetie! ADORABLE.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer...tuning our ears to hear the voice of truth...yes...and I must agree...my little grandlove is just adorable:)

      Delete
  16. You have identified a common way Satan attacks many believers: tricking us into believing lies about God. Isn't that what he did with Eve? I pray that we stand firm in the truth reminding ourselves with His word.

    BTW. Precious little girl. If I ever have a daughter, I want to name her Elliana and call her Ellie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MB...Thanks for dropping in...My granddaughter’s full name is Elliott Faith...my daughter always wanted to use elliott(her maiden name) for a daughter’s name.

      Delete
    2. How sweet! Thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  17. I read this on Monday. and it's stayed with me. When I saw you linked up with Duane's Unwrapping His Promises, I realized I never commented!

    striving with you to hear His whispers through the noise the enemy works overtime convincing us it's reality. Striving with you to choose Him. Every.Single.Time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki...yes choosing Him...His truth...every single time:) blessings to you~

      Delete
  18. Bless you, visiting from Scribing The Journey. Amen to your strong and wise words here. This is beautiful. Amen again. And may you remain strong in blocking the lies and turning a deaf ear to each one the enemy uses.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, this post was great. I so agree with you, the enemy loves to accuse God's love and goodness to us.
    Thank you for your kind encouragement and birthday wishes on my post today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful poem / prose. Thank you, friend, for linking this to Unwrapping His Promises.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Once they were babies and we gave them "sugars," prayed over them and tucked them in...and they grow up and we fight in spiritual realm for them. Our prayers seem to be desperate demands but they are born out of love....and love is from God. I get this friend and I praying for the victory that comes when the light shatters the darkness, pieces together the broken. The enemy is defeated. I try to remember to remind him of that when I hear the hissing.

    ReplyDelete