/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Friday, July 6, 2012

Story...Five Minute Friday.


Tuning my heart to praise…so I can tell a better story…
less than a year ago this is what I timidly titled my blog as I snuck out into the blog world...this is my heart…this is my hope…
and His redemption allows me to tell a better story.

Isn’t this all our hope?  As a mom…as a friend…
to turn to those who will come after us…who walk beside us…
sharing a heart that has found redemption…
because when redemption washes the stories…when the blood pours over a life…
each story becomes beautiful…colored with Love, Mercy and Grace…


My daughter and I ride together for 3 hours…her sharing her struggles…
exposing the tormenting lies of the enemy. There is frustration in her voice…
a weariness that wants to strangle hope. As I drive, I quietly …
but oh ,so desperately cry out for wisdom…just one drop of His Truth here.
He comes and whispers…now…now share this part of your story…now is the right time.

I hesitate a bit…but I know it is time…time for the story of redemption…
the story of God’s love…a love that never leaves or forsakes us…
a love that will redeem all the stories of our lives…
if we let Him take the pen and let His love write…let Love interpret...
giving hope and purpose to all the hurt, disappointments, losses, rebellion …
all the places we wandered…all the scares we bare.
He is hope…He is our redeemer…He makes all things new.


As we near the exit home…she asks can we pray…we pray…
we rejoice because He continues to show Himself faithful…
the burden is lifted…and she knows… the God of love is writing her story…

Join me today for Five Minute-Friday.

13 comments:

  1. This post makes me want to go driving with you. Thank you! Such a beautiful heart piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee...thanks...jump on in and lets take a drive:).Glad you dropped in...blessings to you~

      Delete
  2. Yes! When God writes our story it all works together for His good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin...amen...so glad He is Author of our lives. have a blessed weekend~

      Delete
  3. You are such a wise mama and thankful for the Holy Spirit's leading to tell your story and shed new light on hope. I'm not sure how to parent without His voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelly...I can’t imagine raising kids without the wisdom of God...with His wisdom it can feel daunting at times...without it...I would feel hopeless...so thankful for His wisdom and grace...blessings and have a great weekend~

      Delete
  4. Soaking in your truth here, friend. You captivated me in just a few minutes time! What a beautiful story you have in Him. Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki, thank you for your sweet words...I am thankful all our stories can be made beautiful in HIm...have a blessed weekend...thanks for stopping by~

      Delete
  5. So beautiful, Ro. I love this relationship I have with my daughter - to share my stories of God's faithfulness that encourage her in her walk today. It's not the relationship I had with my own mother. I'm so grateful for a daughter that loves the Lord and wants to walk in His ways. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia...I am so thankful too...both of my daughters who love the Lord...and who I have a deep heart connection with. I did not have this with my mom either...It was such a deep desire for me for me and my daughters...God has been so faithful and what a sweet gift from Him. Hope all is well with you...blessings~

      Delete
  6. the God of love is writing her story...what a wonderful gift to all of us. This is a beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing with us and for visiting my blog and leaving such a beautiful comment.

    Mary
    http://memyselfandmercy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary...thank you so much for your kind words...and I am glad you stopped by...blessings to you~

      Delete
  7. Beautiful. Love that you have that kind of relationship with your daughter that she can come to you and pray with you. Thank you so much for your kind comment and encouragement on my blog. You are so right about the story that each of us have and I feel like my story is ready to be told...not that in the past I have never told it by accident or intentionally, but that now is the time for me to share it more fully, with a more defined purpose. Blessing to you this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete