/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

His Joy Will Be Our Strength




Why do we walk so weak…
why does the enemy come and so easily rob the full life God desires for us…
and when we feel the very life being sucked out of the marrow in our bones,
what do we do?
Most think it is a call to action…more doing…
growing in the grit-your-teeth kind of faith…
but maybe…just maybe…we have ignored…overlooked what God tells us is our strength…

Nehemiah said, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10

We have it backwards…we think striving…working…
grabbing for faith will make us strong…
 and when we are strong, we will find joy.
But don’t we live in the upside down kingdom?

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10

So in our weakness…through the hard times…

"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice."
Philippians 4:4

"Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces."
Psalm 34:5

In giving thanks…putting our trust in Him…living in His presence…

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
Psalm 16:11

God shares His heart…His truths…not to raise an unattainable goal…but…

I have told you this so that MY joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. John 15:11

So when we are struggling…when our days are full of suffering…
when we face all the unknowns of life…
let us go…run to Him…live in His presence…
letting Him make our joy complete…and His joy will be our strength.


Join me as I link up with these special ladies. @Ann’s,and Jennifer @God-bumps.
WLWW,Faith filled Friday

25 comments:

  1. Just what I needed today! Too often I strive harder rather than just finding my joy in Him. Thanks for speaking to my heart today:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina... humbled...so thankful you could meet God in these words...blessings to you today~

      Delete
  2. These verses usher peace into my heart. You are dear to me. So grateful that you link, and that you share your words in this space. The goodness of God radiates through you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer...your words are like honey to me this morning...blessed and humbled by His Grace...thank-you Jennifer...your life and words reflect His love to me and others...blessings~

      Delete
  3. Sweet Ro, this is His blessing from Him. Oh, how I needed to be reminded of His truth, and these particular words, this morning. You are beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrestle still sometimes...here in this place...feel so humbled right now.. by His Spirit...these words can meet and heart and a heart be encouraged...oh HIs Grace. xoxo to you sweet sister.

      Delete
  4. OH I love me some Joy of the Lord...that was the revelation given to me at the start of this year... I wrote about it tons... and you caught my attention with it here!
    I love reading your thoughts here!
    thanks for the add-on you said in the comments at my blog...love it!
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T...I love the joy that comes through your words...you carry it with you always...have a great day~

      Delete
  5. The Joy of the Lord is our Strength! We struggle, but at the same time we can rejoice in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your name is perfect...joyful...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  6. I have "Rejoice in the Lord always" on the wall in my kitchen to always remind me of this truth. Thank you for the encouragement today in the form of comments on my blog and your post here. Wonderful! I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber...what a wonderful place to have it...in the kitchen...where a mom spends so much of her time...and where we can lose our joy...I am glad you came by...and will look forward to seeing you again..blessings to you~

      Delete
  7. I sense that your words are not light or easy here, but that they represent someone who has struggled and striven and fought . . . and then found rest.

    They mean so much more that way.

    Thanks for sharing this, and thanks for visiting me, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keli...wow you got that from one post...I love to hear how people perceive me...and you are right on...glad you stopped by...blessings~

      Delete
  8. Hummm - such wonderful truth ... in His presence is FULLNESS of joy ... oh to abide there!

    Visiting from WLW you posted just a couple of people before me so thought I'd pop over ... glad I did :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelly ...glad you popped over...will try to pop over too...blessings~

      Delete
  9. Thinking of you and praying for your mama heart as you prepare to send #4 to college soon. Where does time go? Thanks for all the words of encouragement you leave on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia...thanks so much for you prayers...this blesses and warms my heart...blessings to you~

      Delete
  10. Relying on Him, trusting Him... not always being intense and ready to fight the world... a good lesson to learn in our heads and keep in our hearts forever. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caryjo...to keep them in our hearts...long and lasting...thanks for stopping in...blessings to you~

      Delete
  11. oh friend. i'm so glad i came here tonight. it's been such a spiritual battle the last while. this encourages me so much (as i sit here and eat oh henry squares ... partaking in good food!)... i trust your words because i know you seek the Lord with your whole heart. i'm so grateful for you. e.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sweet Emily...your words...I pray for your battle weary soul...that you will find your strength in Him and Him alone...the joy of Him alone and above all else...He is your strength...a bulwark never falling. much love and continued prayers to you my friend....blessings upon blessings to you~

      Delete
  12. Thanks for sharing all these beautiful verses. :)
    Visiting from the link up at 'Beholding Glory'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great message, I was so blessed to read Nehemiah 8:10 again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My friend - you have no idea how much I needed to read this ;) thank you! I am leaning on Him and He sends me such wonderful messages.

    ReplyDelete