/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Monday, July 9, 2012

All His Graces



“We are most like God in that our speech brings about profound change.
God speaks to create or to destroy.
He creates beauty. He destroys sin.
Too often we create chaos and destroy beauty with our words.
If I am to grasp the power and importance of my words, then I must see each word spoken in light of calling beauty into existence…
 or destroying beauty by the force of my cruel, unkind, heartless words.
I am not to flee from the power of words by remaining silent…
 and I am not to speak with cavalier disregard for my power to create or destroy.
I am to sow words like seeds to bring a harvest of fruit that blesses God.”
Intimate Allies.

I continually need this work of God in my life...
So thankful for His Mercy and Grace extended to me...
may I be one who shares with those around me...
what is given so freely and abundantly to me.

Continuing to count all His graces to me with words and picture...

Celebrating friend’s birthdays:)

We just jumped in the car...time to see little Ellie...and of course her parents.

Just Ellie and Lollie time, while the sisters went shopping...oh the joy!!!
Birthday and 4th of July celebration.
Getting fired-up for the Olympics with some Wii competitions.

~2664~2682


~new running shoes
~running in the heat
~the gift of health
~husband who takes son to ER
~antibiotics
~laughter
~taking perspective coaches wives to lunch.
~Saturday breakfast with hubby
~getting my closet clean…way overdue!!!!
~son who comes in at night to share his heart
~this son telling us he is going to miss this in a 1 ½ month.
~grace…grace…God’s grace all around.

 Join me today @ Ann's,  Playdates, and Soli Deo Gloria,





25 comments:

  1. Love the photos of thanks. They give such a delightful picture of your sweet family doing life together. And that grandbaby is growing so fast. Know you are enjoying her immensely. Hope you have a great start to your week Ro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelly...thanks...just like our own children...they do grow so fast...have a blessed day~

      Delete
  2. I need to print this out and read it over and over. Ah, convicted over the way I've been speaking to Husband lately.... I love your heart, truly love your heart and words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele...may we as woman have our hearts and tongues transformed by His Love...your heart blesses me as well...have a great day~

      Delete
  3. whooo hoo...power of words...I am ducking that impact right now...but like I said the other day I feel free enough from it ...even if only be for now...
    your closet cleaned made me smile... I have been putting off the same thing.
    bravo to you!
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh T...I should have taken a before and after picture...it took hours...but nothing feels better than to walk in to an organized closet...now the challenge is to keep it that way...blessings to you~

      Delete
  4. I completely "get" the power you are speaking of, Ro. I often think of how powerful God's word is, but we also have power in our words. Thanks for the encouragement to be gracious in all we say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth...I need to remind myself often...I don’t know if you are familiar with this book...but it is a great marriage book...have a blessed Monday~

      Delete
  5. I needed this encouragement. I too often tear down with my speech rather than build up. Great quote and I'll have to find the book. And I'm in the process of cleaning my closet too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Christina...this book is worth the read...I have been putting the closet cleaning off for too long...but well worth the hours it took to get it done...happy cleaining~

      Delete
  6. you do such a great job with photos! love this list....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kendal...thanks so much...all of this is so new to me...blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Denise and thanks for stopping by~

      Delete
  9. Ellie is precious!!!!! What blessing - and all those smiles in your photos - double sweet blessing. Triple Sweet Blessing are those moments with your son! I wish you lived next door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...what a sweet, sweet thing to say...won’t that be fun:)...there will come a time when i am trekking back and forth to Knoxville...a coffee meet up will happen:)

      Delete
  10. OH - BTW - your message on those words - well, they were a God-sent stopper to my mouth and mind on an issue! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...those words are powerful...so glad they could be an encouragement to you today...blessings as we allow God to fill our hearts so our words can be a blessing~

      Delete
  11. Thanks for including all of the fun pictures. I love posts that really let me peek into the life of the writer, and hello, how much fun do you have? Looks like a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy...sometimes I am not sure what to include...but when I picked up my pen to count my blessings...I picked up my camera as another way...to drink in all the blessings and graces He give...thanks for stopping in...blessings~

      Delete
  12. Love all the pictures of your family...Ellie - so much cuteness! and that your son came to share his heart with you - priceless...and time with hubby and friends...many blessings, Ro :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly...yes priceless moments...sweet gift from HIs heart. thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  13. Beautiful thanks, lovely photos, cutie pie baby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like so much fun--especially that little one in pink! A-dor-able. Love that quote too. I've been thinking a lot about what it means to bear the image of God lately. This really resounds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, Ro, sheer surprise and joy to see you in the mirror with Ellie! and that funny expression in the car with teenage daughter! i love seeing families living happy together, not perfect, just full of God's joy. encouraging. love you.

    ReplyDelete