/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

To Grow In Confidence In God...


“The way to real security, serenity, inner peace, even in the most difficult circumstances ~ the way of total confidence in God”…Divine Intimacy

I almost feel there is nothing else to say…this says it all.

But this quote begs the question…
Does "security, serenity, inner peace” describe you and me? 
Wouldn’t you agree that most women (maybe ALL women) find these virtues allusive?

Sometimes I wish I could sit down and have some coffee with Mary - the mother of Jesus.
I would love to hear her heart…to ask her “from where did your confidence come?”
Not confidence in herself….but total confidence in God…
how deeply she must have known him…
that she would say “yes” to the most daunting request.

By Mary answering the angel, “Behold the handmaid of the Lord,
may it be done to me according to our word.” (Luke 1:38),
she entered into a great conflict. 
She knew what others did not know…she understood what others did not understand…
knowing that she would be judged and misjudged…knowing she would cause division…
how many people wanted to step away from her…
even her betrothed Joseph.

I wonder how Mary felt as she saw the doubt in Joseph’s eyes…
How did she deal with this painful space that now formed a chasm between them?
She had to leave all in the hands of the One in whom she entrusted her life.
This ~ the way of total confidence in God.

At this moment I want to ask her…did you know Isaiah 53:7?
He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet he never said a word. He was led like a lamb to the slaughter. And as a sheep is silent before the shearers, he did not open his mouth.

What was the source of her silence? 
Does it take more strength to be silent rather than try to convince others of our innocence? 
I think her silence was fueled by her confidence in God.
Somehow and somewhere in her life she learned…
God will never disappoint us if we put our Hope in Him.

And this hope will not lead to disappointment.
For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. Romans 5:5

Do we believe God will always find a way to sustain the one who entrusts…
The one who places total confidence in Him?

I think Mary did…
God sent an angel to Joseph…Matthew 1:20.

Let’s together grow in ~ the way of total confidence in God…
Trusting in His perfect love for us…even in the most difficult circumstances…
So we can be known as women who live with real security, serenity and inner peace…
the peace that surpasses all understanding.

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future. Proverbs 31:25

Join the blessings at Emily's @ Imperfect Prose And Jennifer@ God-Bumps. 

13 comments:

  1. To be known as women who live with real security-yes! I love this post. I take great comfort in the transforming power of God. I remind myself, if He can make a Saul into a Paul, what can He do with me? I pray for the security and peace that Mary knew. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina...Oh yes...Mary is like us...and it is so encouraging that she learned to put her confidence in God...and we too can experience an abiding in His love that bring security and peace. blessings to you~

      Delete
  2. OH wow. I love the idea of sitting down for coffee with Mary and having a long talk about inner strength and God-confidence. Just now, I think of the Magnificat, in Luke ... only a woman with great faith could sing that. And then, of course, the cross. Can you imagine the emotional torture for her, watching her son like that? Have you seen the Passion of the Christ, where they depict a lot of what her anguish might have been? Stunning. Heart-wrenching.

    Thanks for posting and linking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH...yes the cross...I can’t imagine. I love how they say she pondered these things in her heart...where else could she go with all the did not understand...pondering...makes me think of sitting with God...letting Him take what is in our hearts and bringing us to a settled place in His Love. I have not seen the Passion...I struggle with wanting to...but not sure I can handle it....some movies can really be hard for me to watch. I want to stay open to it....thanks so much for dropping in...blessings to you~

      Delete
  3. it is hard to imagine what mary went through from birth to death, she was chosen for a path that was was not easy in any way...i think there is much we can learn from her...i like your thoughts in the comments as well...in where the strength came from to face all of this..

    ReplyDelete
  4. brian....Oh yes...so much...that why I want coffee with her...I think she would qualify as an older woman to me:)...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. you seek God with all of your heart... i see this, in your words, and i am moved, friend. keep seeking. bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily...oh that is my desire... on this side of heaven to totally rest in His love...as much as it is possible...we are seekers my friend...blessings to you~

      Delete
  6. You are so, so right... elusive peace, elusive virtue and the example of Mary. That we all might learn the gift of holy silence when God is moving in our lives, something so hard in a noisy world.

    Thank you for these precious words, for your open seeking of truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cara...yes the gift of holy silence...amen. so glad you stopped by...blessings~

      Delete
  7. Wow Ro! One of you most powerful writings! The power of humility, silent, the Saviors path. The road that often has little fanfare and bells and whistles shouting our praises. I love that you esteem the things of the Father and are not afraid to encourage the path He walked. May many people (as I was) be blessed by this! :) Blessings in abundance, ~ jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jen...your words humble and bless me...may we all be willing to leave the fanfare and walk in HIs ways...blessings to you~

      Delete
  8. I love the verse you ended with. Oh, to be that woman. Thanks for the encouragement today

    ReplyDelete