/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Friday, June 8, 2012

A Thief


Mike Mason says, “Expectations can be defined as…
“premeditated resentments.”

I would have never really described myself as a negative person….
the person who sees the glass as half empty instead of half full…

well…not until I started counting…counting all the gifts God gives…
not the ones I want but the ones that are before me everyday.

Growing in thanksliving…I saw I had been living in the land of the “not enough. 
No matter what was given or done...no matter the words…
they were never enough because I had hidden expectations.

In giving thanks I saw I was being robbed blind…robbed of true joy and peace…
here is where the thief was captured… A thief that kept demanding more and more…
a thief that could never be satisfied…a thief that ruled in this land of “not enough”

As my thankful heart grew…the thief had to flee…
there was no longer room for him to roam around…
stealing the moments…the joys…the gifts.

Now living with expectations has now been replace with living in expectancy…
Expectations have hard immovable edges… …
expectancy gives freedom to each moment to become whatever God intends for it to be.
expectancy is filled with joyful anticipation …
because God now if free to be the King of each moment of each day.

18 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and so very very true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. suzanne...thanks for stopping by....blessings~

      Delete
  2. The thief has been fooling many many people. I am so happy that you have been freed from his never-ending "not enough".

    Megan @ wwwsunshinethroughthewindows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am too...I am too...thanks for stopping in...have a great weekend~

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Jacque...I think we could sit over some coffee and share our hearts here...blessings to you~

      Delete
  4. I love the reminder here of the joy of living with an open heart, tuned to Him, and all that He plans to bring. . . and surrendering all plans to Him. Love this, friend. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer...yes...surrendering all and trusting in HIs Love...blessings to you and have a wonderful weekend~

      Delete
  5. You were right, God was speaking to both of us from a similar track...loved your metaphor of expectations being a thief of our joy...will be pondering that today...blessings, my friend, and a weekend full of His joy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly...yes it robbed me for way too long...thanks for stopping by....blessings~

      Delete
  6. WOW! premeditated resentment...I can't say how much that thought stings. I had never considered that. Thank you for that thought. Well put. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey...when I read that myself...it was a big ouch...so glad you stopped by...blessings~

      Delete
  7. I'm engaging this discipline too Ro. Trading expectation for expectancy. It brings greater joy and fulfillment doesn't it? Have a great weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelly...oh yes...such joy and freedom...thanks for stopping by my friend...blesssings~

      Delete
  8. I love the challenge to live in expectancy not with expectations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by and may we all grow living with expectancy in God...have a great weekend~

      Delete
  9. a thief that ruled in this land of “not enough"

    I relate.

    I love how you differentiate between expectations and expectacy! That's something I'll take with me and ponder on. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New word to live & love with abandon by: Expectancy in God! :) thanks heaps for that perspective!

    ReplyDelete