/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Friday, June 22, 2012

Let’s Risk It All.




Why don’t we just throw caution to the wind… jump into the deep end?
let go…let go of all we cling to…the secret desires, hope and dream….
the fears controlling our lives…fears giving energy to grab to get…
fears fueling entitlement…fear keeping us from trust….

Let’s risk it all…

Let’s live the risky life of faith…the kind of faith that fully puts our trust in Christ…
are we willing to risk no longer trusting in ourselves to make our life happen…
letting His love fill when we are empty…His love to comfort when we are sad…
His love to meet every need…allowing us to leave the demanding behind…

Will we risk coming to a sweet surrender…to stop the striving and allow…
the King of kings, Lord of Lords, the Creator of the universe, Jehovah Jireh, Wisdom, the Comforter, Healer, Deliver, Shepard, Bread, Friend, Brother, Husband, Prince of Peace, Savior, Faithful, Abba…   
allow This Great God to be all he says He is…
to give Him room in our lives to meet all our needs according to His riches in Heaven.

Bring the whole tithe self into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. Malachi 3:10 (my emphasis)

Let’s not give a tenth of ourselves…


Life is risky…full of unknowns. There is not life without risk…we can either risk and “gamble” on the world’s ways…or we can risk and “gamble” on God’s ways.
The choice is ours.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. Rev. 3:20

"Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! Deuteronomy 30:19

Be risky today…join me at Five Minute Fridays…always a blessing.

11 comments:

  1. Oh Ells. My goodness I needed to read that. I'm going to write that Malachi verse down and read it all day. thank you!

    Striving with you...to not just give a 10th of myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki...oh praises...so glad HE met you here...have a blessed weekend~

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank-you Samantha...and thanks for dropping in...blessings~

      Delete
  3. I love that you put the word "self" in that verse, because we can test God in giving Him all of us! He may not do what we imagine, but He Will do "above all we could ask or think." That's a promise! Thanks for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jacqui...yes...that is a promise...thanks for dropping in today...blessings~

      Delete
  4. Bring the whole self--that's what stuck out to me, too. Hard, but good. He will be faithful to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...the hard but good...the way to freedom in Christ. He is always faithful to meet us and carry us where He longs to take us. good to see ya...blessings~

      Delete
  5. wow...love how you wrote the Malachi verse...so powerful...thanks for the bold encouragement, Ro :) Thankful for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly...I really want to test Him there...giving all...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  6. It feels so risky to trust it all to Him, I'm glad he challenges us to test Him. It's scary. But I'm praying I will allow Him to be all He claims to be in my life, I think all of those verses spoke to my heart this morning..thank you!
    Now off to highlight:)

    ReplyDelete