/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Five Minute Friday...Keep Dancing


People gather around and watch in amazement…
two 87 yrs. old dancing as they celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. 
They hear the music… they forget their age…their limitations…
casting off all that would keep them in their seats…
and they let the music transport them to dance free.





I too…want to keep my dancing shoes on…
letting the music in my soul…letting the music of the Spirit call me…
calling me past my limitations…getting me out of my seat…
I can see His hand,the Lover of my soul, reaching out to me…
calling me to come and dance…
He longs to dance me free from all that keeps me stuck in my seat…
He longs for all of us to dance free in His love.
May we all say yes when He asks us to dance...
resting and abiding in His love as He leads us. 

Join me today for Five Minute Friday.  

22 comments:

  1. Oh, me, too.... Striving with you to get out of my seat and dance freely.
    Beautiful 5 minute write! So glad we were neighbors today. I would have stopped by anyway, but still... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nkki...let’s kick off our shoes and dance with Him...have a great weekend

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful image of celebrating 60 years of marriage. And this ... "He longs to dance me free." I love that! He does. He really does long to dance me free. So beautiful, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise...Yes I am so thankful He longs to dance us free...and He is the master teacher...have a blessed day~

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful post. Thanks for stopping by to encourage me. I'm glad I found your post as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda...thanks for dropping in...happy Friday to you~

      Delete
  4. What a precious moment. Precious words. Thank you for sharing them today.

    I just love finding gems like this when I wander around the Five Minute Friday links.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey...so glad you wandered in...blessings to you~

      Delete
  5. Love that video and your words, so eloquent. Dancing used to be the popular pastime, what happened? We got too concerned about what we look like, what others think, fitting into the culture. I want to dance free too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelly...may we dance free in Him...have a great weekend~

      Delete
  6. Ah, yes, join the dance. So glad He calls us to join Him.
    Keep up the God work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori...thanks for coming by and let’s join in the dance with Him...have a blessed weekend.

      Delete
  7. Oh, yes... let us dance to the music of His heart. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just watched the video... amazing! Love it. I could picture them as they were many years ago, swing dancing. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am glad you took the time to watch...quite amazing at their age. blessings~

      Delete
  9. I remember this - I love it - so very special! My parents just had their 45th wedding anniversary :) hope to be there for their 60 ;) Mark and I celebrated 14 years together (from the day we met) which is the day 3 years later that our 1st son was born ;) Our 12 year anniversary coming up in Sept - this is beautiful - thank you for sharing - I love this dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelli...congrats on the 12...and may you have many, many rich years together...blessings to you~

      Delete
  10. Ugh... what is up with all the these 5 Minute Fridays making me cry. That video was AWESOME! I hope that is my husband and I in 52 years. As for your post equally awesome! I want to say when He asks me to dance. I try to but I know sometimes I decline. Thank you for this beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah...keep building your relationship on Him...serve each other and in 52 years you too will be dancing together..and always dance with the One who loves to dance us free. blessings~

      Delete
  11. Yes! 'letting the music of the Spirit call me ...' love that. Love Him. And appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda...thank you and thanks for stopping in...blessings to you~

      Delete
  12. wow, this is so beautiful. this is such a rarity these days, this kind of dancing. i hope trent and i can learn the steps... bless you friend. love you.

    ReplyDelete