/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Monday, June 4, 2012

Great is Thy Faithfulness




Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

This son was born during the worse ice storm in Nashville’s history.
While the storms were raging through the city…
turbulence surrounded our lives…me, chronically ill…
mark, walking away from his coaching career…
 and our fellowship was painfully being torn asunder.
 In the midst of all this pain and uncertainty…
He gave us this miracle child…
a son who has to bear the middle name Moriah…
                                        
 because through this season of laying everything down…
       God made this story ours…Abraham/Isaac…together on Mt. Moriah.

So now 18ys latter…we continue to proclaim…Great is His Faithfulness.
Parents and graduates sang this together as we gathered to honor the homeschool graduating class of 2112.

This is the 4th time I have stood and to sing this song…
and each time I stand amazed at His faithfulness to get us to this passage in life. 
One more child ready to launch …
launch out with the roots we gave him…
roots you pray will hold him in the storms and temptations of life.
The enemy comes to whisper doubts…”you should have done more.”
“is he grounded enough?”
But now there is no looking back …
Just looking forward with hope and confidence…
continuing to sing and believe….

"Great is Thy faithfulness," O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,

Join with all nature in manifold witness

To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,

Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;

Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,

Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

I write this with a full, full heart and a very tired body.
This weekend was full of family, friends and celebration. 
I am blessed to see how God was so kind to me as I planned this party…
got ready for family and graduation.
He cares even about the smallest of details…He is a good Abba Father.




I continue to count with words and pictures all they way God is faithful to me
~2049~2024~


~God’s grace over all the details
~preparing for the party…feeling God’s nearness
~planning…shopping…chopping, baking…God filling my heart with joy

~daughter’s seeing peace…quite the changeJ
~sweet graduation ceremony

~everyone home…just enjoying to be together

~sweet snuggle with Ellie
~Ellie sleeping on me
~wonderful friends who helped me at the party
~lots of friends coming to celebrate with us

~friends always lingering longer
~giving away the extra food
~a husband who always sees me prepare too much…but always just smilesJ
~getting to hear Ann Voskamp this week
~God’s love, mercy ,grace…the freedom His love brings…His faithfulness.


Count with me all the ways He is faithful @ Ann's, and join in here,  PlaydatesSoli Deo Gloria,and  On Your Heart Tuesdays...you will be blessed!

34 comments:

  1. Something to surely celebrate; your son's graduation! What a blessing. Loved your photos. And how wonderful that you get to hear Ann speak this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie...God is so faithful and kind...and yes...Oh sweet it will be to hear Her words with her voice...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eldest is graduating high school in 2 weeks...and we were similarly in flux when she was born, moving halfway across the country 2 weeks after delivery...and now she is grown-up and beautiful and she tells me I may NOT cry at the ceremony and I don't know how that will be possible... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann...I can only say good luck with that not crying...when my first graduated and we sang this hymn...I sob uncontrollably...I was so overwhelmed that God got us through this long journey of Homechooling...my daughter was not too scared by this...now she has a great story to retell...her parents sobbing and her embarrassment. Enjoy this wonderful passage in life...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so blessed and we have so much to learn from you. Congrats on your boy graduating. I just don't know how I am going to get through it when my first walks the stage in two years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelly...Oh I don’t know if you read the comment above...I sobbed with my first...just misty eyed with # 4...it is truly a journey of joy...blessings to you my friend.~

      Delete
  6. I just love that hymn. I have fond memories of singing it as a child in church. I don't hear it much anymore. Congrats on another one finishing school. Such a blessing and sweet testimony of His faithfulness. You have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina...I am so very thankful to His faithfulness~blessings~

      Delete
  7. What a brilliant song to sing at a graduation! so true... They won't sing it, but this will be what I will be thinking about tonight as I witness my nephew graduate. thank you!

    and oh, look what God can do through you! The children He can blossom under your care.

    God is good. all the time.

    Love being neighbors this week, Ro.
    All for Him,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki...yes and amen...He is good...all the time. thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  8. oh my goodness... those pictures are just bursting with joy and His faithfulness.
    such provision in all areas.
    Cheering you on!
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T... you could see the joy...praises...so thankful to Him for all...blessings to you my friend~

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on your handsome sons graduation. I'm so glad you shared this story of God's faithfulness in the hard times of your past. We would not know God as we do without those trials He brought and brings us through. Beautiful post and family, Ro! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth...your words are so true...how much greater our praises can be when they have roots in those trials of life...thanks beth for being here...blessings~!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations to your son! May he enjoy a life filled with God's blessings.

    Thank you for sharing your story and your photos and list.

    And you be blessed by hearing Ann. She is a treasure. I was able to hear her last year when I didn't even know about her or her book. Tears will fall when you listen to her, but your heart will hear truth and rejoice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy...thank you and I know hearing Ann...my heart will be touch and may it be eternally changed. thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  11. That is such a beautiful song with beautiful words!! Congrats on your son's graduation. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary...I do love that song...glad you stopped by...blessings to you~

      Delete
  12. Congrats on your son graduating! One of my favorite hymns...how sweet to celebrate with family, friends, food and sweet Ellie :) Blessings, sweet Ro...thanks for blessing us with your sharing of God's faithfulness to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly...to share my joy with you all here is a blessing...thanks for stopping by~

      Delete
  13. Wow! Huge congrats to you too, on this milestone event! Oh, how wonderful that you got to hear Ann in person!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth...thanks...I guess I did not word that thanks right...I will hear Ann on Friday...already giving thanks because I know it will be a blessing!~thanks for stopping by~

      Delete
  14. Congratulations! This year for us was my daughter graduating college and now working to raise funds to go to Italy for a year-long mission trip. The best thing about being a parent is that we'll ALWAYS be parents! Many blessings to you! (Visiting from Soli Deo Gloria.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy...thanks for dropping in...oh yes...always a parent...I still see that with my 87 yr old parents...wow...a year in Italy...sounds wonderful. blessings to you~

      Delete
  15. Aw, what a wonderful time. Great picture of you all!
    We women always prepare too much, don't we;)
    And how wonderful that you got to hear Ann V. I bet it was wonderful too!
    Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin...yes we do...and If I remember correctly you live in bowling green...that isn’t too far from Franklin:)...have a good week too...blessings~

      Delete
  16. i love love love this song. and congratulations on your son's graduation! awesome post. love that you include so many pics....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendal...just a great song...and so wonderful to sing it at graduation...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  17. Beautiful! Congratulations to your boy! Good work, mamma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura...thanks...and thanks for dropping in...blessings~

      Delete
  18. It looks like you had a fantastic, bittersweet weekend. My babies are small yet, just 2, 4, and 6, but I know that these days will come soon enough.
    "Great is Thy faithfulness!
 Great is Thy faithfulness!
 Morning by morning new mercies I see. 
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
 Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!" Indeed, He is SO GOOD!

    Megan @ wwwsunshinethroughthewindows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan...yes these days will be here before you know it...But always remember...God is faithful~ blessings to you~

      Delete
  19. Beautiful pictures and so many blessings. Congratulations on your son graduating, such a happy time of year for soooo many! Thank you for sharing your list this week. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy and I am so glad you stopped by...blessings to you today~

      Delete