/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

God’s Humor.


I can’t wait to get to heaven to fully experience God’s sense of humor. 
As I have said before…I am a non-writer in this gifted world of blogging. 
School and especially English was never my strong suite.
I almost did not get out of freshman English…when I taught school, a fellow teacher had to read over my reports before they were sent out. (I had a brave principal…she saw past my weaknesses so I could  teach young kids with learning disabilities).

So stepping out into the blog world is a bit…more than a bit of a stretch for me.
 At times, I feel myself wanting to retreat…
and then this non-writer blogger gets asked guest post.

To be honest I wasn’t going to post today…life is very, very busy right now…
since I am not a prolific writer ,
I can’t easily write what might be going on in my heart. 
I can pour it out in my journal…the audience of One...
but here…my heart stirring don’t flow so easily…
and I can’t muster up something to write about.

So back to God’s sense of humor…I wake up and check mail…
There is an email from a dear blogger asking if I would consider guest posting.
 my first response when this happens is “are they kidding?”
Then I get on Google reader…just going to enjoy reading others today.
 Surprise…there I am over at Jen’s place…Finding Heaven.
 I forgot …she is posting one of my blog post today.

I may not be sure of my writing here…but what I do know is…
this blog community is a sweet place to be…
full of kind and amazing ladies…ladies who desire to grow and mature in Christ.
I am encouraged here…challenged here…and loved here. 
For these reasons alone…I want to stay here.

Thank you sweet sisters…join me today @ Jen’s.

Also linking up at Emily @ Imperfect Prose and Jennifer @ God-Bumps.  \

p.s.  excuse the missed errors…most of the time my sweet husband checks for mistakesJ

29 comments:

  1. I'm always reminding myself that it's not about what I bring to the table but what God chooses to use, so I totally get your amazement, Ro. But you always have such beautiful and profound words to share with all of us. I'm so glad that you're being faithful to His calling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth...your words are so kind...thank you for the encouragement...I am not sure I would could call this a calling yet...but I am trying to say faithful:) blessing to you~

      Delete
  2. i have found some pretty amazing people out here in blog world...some very dear friends...and i never would have thought that possible before..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian...I had no idea...a sweet surprise indeed:)...blessings~

      Delete
  3. Oh, Ro. Do you know how many times my heart swells when I come read here? And I love that you were surprised when you saw yourself, forgetting that your amazing words were at my place. I love how God whispers encouragement to us in so many different forms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words...and I am blessed that your heart has been touched my any words here...His Grace alone...blessings to you and thank you again:)

      Delete
  4. You are always an encouragement and blessings to me. I'm so glad you're part of this community! And I love how God gives us the encouragement we need at just the right time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina...thanks for always encouraging me...blessings~

      Delete
  5. Oh, I think that is awesome! And you definitely have your place here. Your life as a witness is so encouraging to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa...your life does the same for me...blessings~

      Delete
  6. My husband finds my errors, too. I was a chemistry major and only took the required English course. Sometimes I think my blog reads like a HS essay, but I persevere. I'm so glad you found a comfortable place in the blogosphere and you are thriving. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happygirl...glad you are persevering too...thanks for stopping by...blessings to you~

      Delete
  7. Dear Ro,

    I am always blessed when I come here by your words and your heart for Him... {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dolly your words are always so kinds and uplifting...blessings and ((hugs)) to you~

      Delete
  8. Are you kidding? You are a writer, I enjoy everything I have ever read from you. But I understand. I am NOT a writer, and think it's crazy that anyone would read anything of mine, but when God says do something, I have learned to do it! Yes, this blogging world is full of amazing people, loving, and encouraging and thoughtful. . .I think I will stay too:)
    Going over to Jen's to read more of you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin...funny how we see...I would never think that you are not a writer...you sure can tell a good story...full of wonderful truths. And yes...the people here has been a gift. blessings to you~

      Delete
  9. I thought I started blogging to write, but I found out that it's really about the relationships isn't it? So glad to call you friend, you have been a great encourager in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelly...I would have never thought relationships could be built through blogging...a wonderful surprise...blessings to you~

      Delete
  10. :) i love it here in the blog world, too. so glad i'm getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendal...love getting to know you too...thanks for stopping by and blessings to your day~

      Delete
  11. some of my closest friends i've never actually met :) and you ARE a writer. love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily...you my friend have one of those people God has used in my life...blessings and love to you~

      Delete
  12. This blogging world wouldn't be the same without you, Ro. You have blessed me relentlessly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...you are so sweet Nikki...you bless me...thanks so much:)

      Delete
  13. I said it at jen's ... and I will say it again.
    You are great...remember when you just stepped out in blogging?
    IT will be a year soon, aye?
    I remember your first day!
    Love you!
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. remembering the first time I ever "met" you ...reminds me of that book that i put in your name...do you remember that? Did Ann's people ever send it to you?
      T

      Delete
    2. Oh yes I do...they never did sent it...but your reaching out was such a sweet blessings and gift to me... love to you my friend.

      Delete
  14. Ells,

    I loved reading this post, and I too love the community at SDG. Keep writing. God is using your words.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I SO agree, such a sweet and loving community, without which I wouldn't have you as my friend. Thank you for writing in this place, even if you are tempted not to. We need you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete