/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dear Mom...1000 Mom’s Project


Linking up today at Ann’s for the 1000 mom’s project for the 1000 mom’s project...jump in a join us:) sorry...could not figure out how to get the button:)



Dear Mom,

Sometimes we get a clearer view of our lives by gazing through the rear view mirror. Looking back over the miles we have traveled can help us see the landscape of our lives with more clarity.

Now that I have had many years to study the scenery with a clearer vision…I can assess the past and the present with fresh eyes and see as only one can with age.
As a result…I discovered buried treasures…jewels seen with new brilliance.

Undoubtedly, your most shining jewel is your servant’s heart.
You were born of a different era...
You always looked for ways to serve my Dad…your husband.
When he arrived home from work…
Cheese and crackers waiting for him with the paper in his chair. (bygone days)
You cleaned up after him without a word.
You always exhibited honor and respect toward him…and you required us to do the same. 
You spoke deep and wise words to me when I questioned your silence,
”You don’t understand him like I do.”
These words silenced my questions…
Words I pondered in the years that followed.


Over the years, I have watched you grow and change...
but one thing has remained the same...
your servant’s heart.

Even now, after 60 years of marriage, you continue to look to his needs…
As diminishing eyesight robs him the ability to drive…
you serve him in the most honoring way.
I have watched you at 87 years old get out of your comfort zone…
driving him places and going places that would not be your natural choosing.
You graciously enlist the help of your children…so his life can feel vital and full.
You help this very independent man maintain his dignity.

Marriages have many seasons…many ups and down…but through them all …
you constantly loved with honor and respect.
Some wonder…what is my legacy?
This is yours…a legacy of a strong partnership... 
accompanied by your quiet servanthood.
This is a jewel I will treasure…now more than ever before…


all my love,
ro


also linking-up with Emily and Jennifer.

41 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I wasn’t going to do it at first...but as I pondered the Lord just took me on a journey...so glad I went. blessings~

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to your mother!
    Keep up the God work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for dropping by...blessings to you~

      Delete
  3. Aww, how beautiful! She sounds like a wonderful, lovely lady:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin...yes she is...thanks for stopping by~

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!! Expressed so well. May God bless your mother with health and joy as she continues to do what God has laid out for her. And God bless you for having eyes to see and a grateful heart for what she does.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darnly...this has been a process for me...but so thankful God helps us look through His eyes of love. thanks for dropping by~

      Delete
  5. Very lovely.
    Its quite special to be able to look past the day-to-day and truly experience the heart of your mother.
    What an impact.
    Blessings,
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Felecia...sometimes it takes just a little distance to get a more clear picture...thanks for stopping by...have a great day~

      Delete
  6. This is so beautiful, Ro! What a great tribute to your mother. She must be one amazing woman. Thanks for inspiring us to love our husbands the way your mom has so graciously demonstrated for 60 years! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. her life is very unasuming...so easily can be passed by...it took a while for God to open my heart and eyes to see these hidden treasures...we are getting ready have a celebration for their 60th...what a blessing...thanks for stopping by...blessings to you~

      Delete
  7. whata beautiful gift she gives in that legacy...and in her servant heart...bet this makes her smile to read...you honor her well...

    Marriages have many seasons…many ups and down…but through them all …
    you constantly loved with honor and respect...nice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well at 87 she doesn’t even know how to turn on a computer...I pray she does read it in my life...thanks and blessings to you~

      Delete
  8. Oh, I'm so thrilled you have discovered the treasure in your mother! A servant heart is a selfless heart. and there is no greater way to express love.

    (thankful to be neighbors over at Emily's today and am so glad you took up Ann's challenge! I had written my post already, but have tweeted and facebooked it -- love that project!)

    Happy Mother's Day to you, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The project made me stop and ponder...touch something deeper than I realized...I am thankful for that...blessings to you~

      Delete
  9. Your mom sounds like mine was--always serving, always putting my dad first with few if any complaints. It is a jewel to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa...yes it is...blessings to you~

      Delete
  10. While reading this, I feel my throat tightening and my heart filled with both sorrow and hope. I have struggled knowing how to be a wife all these almost 15 years of being one, and have condemned myself for it. But the truth of it is, I didn't have an example to follow. My mama did the best she could, but we didn't have God and my father -- well, just didn't know how to be one, or be a husband. I've learned through the years, but I have so much farther to go.

    Thank you for leaving me with some simple, practical ideas of what it means to serve my husband.

    Love you,

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think any one gets a complete picture of what motherhood/being wife really is... THis has been a journey for me as well...I could not see the value of much she modeled for me... I think as a child i could not process all the good...so it took years of my adulthood to allow God to clear my vision...to see hidden treasures I could not find before.
      I don’t know if you listen or read the blog that Ann linked today(well worth your time)...wow...now there is a picture...one day the wife wanted to go do something fun...she came home from work and her husband was a sleep( he is Brain injured)...tired from a cold...her responds to the disappointment...I have a BI too...because they are one.
      Michele..I have no doubt you are are continuing to grow and are a beautiful mother and wife...you have a very teachable heart...blessings my friend.

      Delete
    2. I will go take a look at that link. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with me. Thank you for encouraging me. It is amazing all the grace gifts God leaves for us... I will trust His Spirit to continue to lead me into all the truth and rest in His grace. He has blessed me with a most forgiving husband.

      Thank you, again... with love,

      Michele

      Delete
  11. Such a lesson in our world today, where walking away when times are tough seems to be such a ready choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth...oh yes...this may sound harsh...but I think the “pressure” to stay back then held many a marriage through those rough waters until they passed through to calm waters again....it’s just too easy today. thanks for stopping by~

      Delete
  12. I love this so much, Ro, and have seen my mom serve my dad in such the same way. We are blessed...and so are our dads. Lots of love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandee...yes I think my dad treasures her now more than ever...it is sweet to see at 60yrs.
      glad you stopped by...blessings to you~

      Delete
  13. This was so rich! What an example and testimony of what a wife and mother should be. There are so many who have no one to teach them, no examples to follow, no footsteps to follow in. Thank you for sharing your heart here. It was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cora...thank-you...I am thankful for the parts of being a wife she did model for me...blessings~

      Delete
  14. A beautiful tribute! And such a blessing to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina...thanks...I wasn’t going to write...but I just started pondering and God just took me on a little journey...have a great day~

      Delete
  15. Wow! What a wonderful love letter to your Mom! (And I also enjoyed seeing the photo of your granddaughter on the last blog. I am a relatively new grandma and I'm enjoying every moment. I get to see her again on Friday. Yay! Such a blessing!) Thanks for stopping by my blog today, and I see you like sunflowers, too. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...i get to see my little on again on Friday...such a treat. Oh yes...sunflowers are my favorites...enjoy you weekend...drink up all that sweetness...

      Delete
  16. What a beautiful tribute to your mom, Ro...thanks for following His leading and then sharing...Happy Mother's Day, early, to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly...thanks...I am glad He lead me to start to write this...it was good for my soul...Happy Mother’s day to you too...

      Delete
  17. oh wow. this touched me so deeply... it's the small things, the cheese and crackers, the not questioning him... this inspired and moved me. thank you so much friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...she was from different era...I think we all can learn something from woman from that age...love to you my friend~

      Delete
  18. A beautiful, moving tribute ... At 87 years old, and still getting out of a comfort zone. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer...yes...I do want to be like them both in many ways when i am 87...thanks for stopping by~

      Delete
  19. What a good reminder for me as a stay at home mom....who sometimes forgets my husband in the shuffle of taking care of three little ones. He is my first priority and I pray to have a servants heart like your mother. Thank you for sharing this and reminding me of some things that I can do tomorrow to glorify God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris...oh yes...we have to be so careful not to let our husbands get our leftovers...so glad you dropped in...blessings as you love your husband and children well~

      Delete
  20. 60 years! What a gift of lasting love!
    Thanks for sharing all this thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a rare jewel these days...blessings to you~

      Delete