/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Monday, May 28, 2012

Counted Worthy


Why does this truth get buried underneath the rubble of life?
Why as 20th century Christians do we allow the glitter of this world to blind us to what should be considered the “normal Christian life?”

Why in my counting …do I  forget to count this truth?

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, James 1:2

And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name. Acts 5:41

But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. 1 Peter 4:13

To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. 1 Peter 2:21

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church. Colossians 1:24

Sitting in the den, my daughter is feeling crushed under the struggle…
my husband, with tears in his eyes, speaks to her…
You have been counted worthy.”
These words pierce my heart…I have been speaking hundreds of words to her…
but these words turn the tide…turn the focus …silence the why’s.

I take these words with me to bed…You have been counted worthy.”
I ponder in the night and I know this work has to be done in my heart first…
I can’t give what I don’t have…I can’t truly speak what I don’t embrace myself.
Can I really cup her face into my hands and gently refocus her from this anxiety…
if I don’t let my Savior gently cup my face and turn me toward the Light?

When I share these truths…
I want them flowing out of a willing heart...a heart that desires to be counted worthy.

This is evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are also suffering. 2 Thessalonians 1:5

Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. Romans 8:17

For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. 2 Corinthians 1:5

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18

And he said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.” Job 1:21

As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy. James 5:11


My sweet husband picking raspberries with me:)

We are up to the work-out challenge!
It’s been years since I swung one of these...decided not ready for pics yet:)


~2379~2397~

~God’s care

~kind comments from dear bloggers

~nice dinner
~a growing love relationship with God
~more freedom from living with expectations
~seeing God’s ways are not my ways
~God’s wisdom…sometimes very conventional
~hubby’s work schedule slowing down
~ returning to Saturday morning breakfast
~farmers market
~picking raspberries
~hubby and son inviting me to hit golf balls
~run in the hot sun
~hubby’s wisdom
~finalizing menu for graduation party
~grace
~hope
~mercy

Also linking up with Ann,  PlaydatesSoli Deo Gloria,and  On Your Heart Tuesdays,
 Emily @ Imperfect Prose and Jennifer @ God-Bumps.


46 comments:

  1. So much to meditate on here. I am counted worthy. Will bring these words with me everywhere I go today...which means that I will bring a tiny piece of you everywhere I go today, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kd...go glad we can spend time together:) have a wonderful monday~

      Delete
  2. count it all joy..I am with you counting along!
    HAppy Holiday!
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T...let’s count together...have a great holiday today~

      Delete
  3. Beautiful words and beautiful scriptures/truths. After years of attending church, I finally discovered the relationship that God wanted with me. I am always learning more about Him and faith. Thank you sharing your list this week. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy...our relationship with Him is every growing and changing...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  4. Counted worthy to suffer...ouch. I can easily forget to count this truth too. What a blessing your daughter has such wise parents to help her through tough times with this kind of advice. May we all remember these scriptures you shared. They matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa...God is so faithful and it is true...if we ask for wisdom...He give us more than we can imagine...so very thankful...blessings to you~

      Delete
  5. As Christians, we often want to skip over these verses, but they offer such important truth in the midst of uncertainty and questions. I'm so glad that they provided comfort to your daughter, Ro. And I will pray that your words and God's Word will provide comfort to those who forget this important aspect of our sanctification.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth...Thank you for lifting all in prayer...we all need to be reminded and encouraged to keep pressings into Him and all His truths...have a blessed weekend~

      Delete
  6. such encouragement here, to remember that we are counted worthy.... I struggle with this truth, with owning it, with living as one who is worthy because HE is worthy... praying for your daughter, and what grace that God has put you in this world (and your husband) to parent and shepherd her... He is outrageously good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris...Oh God’s grace is so outrageously good...thanks for stopping by...blessings to you~

      Delete
  7. Your writing is always so lovely. Nourishment to me. Recently went through a long, challenging season so I'm happy to be back visiting! I wanted to thank you for your comment on To Show Them Jesus - you mentioned your Saturday morning breakfasts with your husband there. I loved it, so I enlisted the help of my oldest daughter and prayerfully, twice a month, my husband and I will steal away in the early morning to enjoy coffee together! I appreciate your comment so much - we are both already looking forward to the time alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie...I am so sorry for your long season...so glad to see you back. i am so blessed to hear about you and your husband...I can't tell you how it has been such a blessing to my husband and I. Blessings as you drink coffee and connect your hearts together~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so thankful for my sufferings! They have taught me not to judge others who are having problems.We can be so quick to think others "deserve" their troubles. I have been so guilty of this! God is truly teaching me to offer mercy instead of jugement. Some trials do come our way as a result of God's discipline. I'm thankful for those too. "Blessed are the merciful for they shall recieve mercy". Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia...oh your words are rich and add wonderfully to what I shared...I too am glad I was afflicted...I use to walk in my own way(Ps119). Mercy...yes Mercy over judgment...God is teaching me this...thank-you for your powerful words here...glad you stopped by...blessings~

      Delete
  10. nice post thanks for sharing...looking for to visit more blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad you stopped in...blessings~

      Delete
  11. This post is so rich and full of scripture that I am savoring...and this: "To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. 1 Peter 2:21." I've recently come to see that this verse is what forgiveness looks like for us. He suffered for the forgiveness of our sins because He loves us. Therefore, we are called to suffer for the forgiveness of another's sin out of love for them. That is Christ's example. Never quite saw it that way before.

    I sure hope that your daughter finds peace in her situation. How blessed she is to have parents like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theresa...thanks for sharing that truth...oh yes...love...if we really understood His love for us...our love for others would be transformed. AS a mom, you hate to see your child struggle...but also, you know that through these trials, she will mature in her relationship with HIm...so thankful He does not leave us to ourselves to do this thing of parenting. blessings to you~

      Delete
  12. We certainly don't like suffering and most often cry out "why me" when faced with difficulties. In reality, as Christians, we should be asking, "Why not me?"

    Thank you for sharing these verses of reminder.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan...oh yes...so true...may the Lord continue to open our hearts and minds to HIs ways...thanks for stopping in...blessings~

      Delete
  13. Thanks for sharing ... we want to focus so much on the blessings of Christ, we forget that we also have to share in suffering. Only He can help us do that!

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerralea...so true...only by His Grace...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  14. What a wonderful gift to have a father speak this truth over a daughter. Thank you for this beautiful reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura...I am so thankful...truly blessed...thanks for dropping in...blessings to you~

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Denise...glad you stopped by...blessings~

      Delete
  16. So precious. A wise and tender father. Like our Heavenly Father. Counted worthy, though not easy, is a privilege. Praying for your daughters pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela...thank you for your prayers...hard but she is growing through it all...blessings~

      Delete
  17. We are blessed with Godly men who know how to speak truth that reaches the heart of our girls (well, me too). Thankful for the revelation of our worth in Him. And you go girl, hitting those golf balls. I love that they invited you along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelly...it is such a blessing to have a dad speaking and giving love to our daughters...on the golf...played when I was young...it’s been a while but it was fun to be with them...and i love that they both wanted me to come...blessings to you~

      Delete
  18. Wishing you blessing with your graduation party! I love reading stories of how godly father's love their daughters - more so because I didn't have a father who was in my life, who cared enough to pour blessing into our "relationship."

    Also, it is an awesome thing for a son to include you in a sports outing! My husband and I are getting ready to get back into tennis - and drag a couple of boys with us!

    I so love stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am especially thankful too because of my relationship with my dad growing up...oh how a daughter needs to feel loved and protected by their father.
      Oh grab those kids and tennis racquets...we used to play doubles with our sons when they were younger..lots of laughs...always fun...especially if we beat them:)
      So glad you stopped by...blessings to you~

      Delete
  19. Such a timely word for so many, my friend. Count it ALL joy! Oh, how easily we forget that in the storms. The power of the truth. The life found in His glorious Word! Great workout video too! Actually makes me want to get up & join you guys! :) Blessings ~ jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen...HOw easily we all do forget...oh I wish you could come join us...I think it was more a ab workout because of the laughing we did:) blessings to you Jen~

      Delete
  20. I've been counted worthy! I needed this today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you today christina~

      Delete
  21. Counted Worthy, WoW, Thank You Lord.
    Hello Ells, I love your message today, your words certainly
    touched my heart. Thank you for stopping by my blog and
    leaving your sweet message. So happy to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary...so glad you stopped by...have a blessed day~

      Delete
  22. lots of great scripture in this to meditate on..and a beautiful truth as well...not ready for pictures though...come you are worthy...smiles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian...thanks...oh pictures...I love being behind the lens not in front of it...i wish i could say it is humility...but I think pride is the biggest motivator for that...still in process...blessings to you~

      Delete
  23. It's so hard to count the suffering as an identifier of being worthy. Thanks for the reminder. LOVE your pics and gratitudes. I always remember, the grapes must be crushed to produce the wine.

    ReplyDelete
  24. counted worthy.... love this. need this. all of it. and that your girl has a daddy to speak this worth in her ear? beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Laughing at your golfing collage. My husband insists that we start golfing again this summer. He bought me a new golf bag. But like you, it's been YEARS for me. Yikes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is beatiful. A true reminder in times of struggle. It's tough to see things this way but you're right...that is what scripture tells us. We must count it all joy!!

    ReplyDelete