/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Could Never Have Imagined.


When I started on this wild journey of parenting some 30 yrs ago...
and teacher almost 25 homeschooling-years ago…
I could never have imagined where I am standing today.
And if someone had told me I would witness one of my son’s hooding ceremony…
I would have laughed…not because of the son…but because of ME!



I started homeschooling with the hope of making it to middle school with my kids…
then I would send them on.
I did not hold hope of schooling them past the level where I got lost myself.
Thinking I was ruining my kid’s education, I cried tears in the night…
tears for the unknown.
But by the grace of God…one day at a time … one year after another…
to my surprise and astonishment, we have arrived at this place…
One a nurse (who is now happily retired to mothering )...
One finishing his M.B.A...
One beginning his next chapter at college...



 and this hooded one....now identified as Doctor Elliott


Four down one to goJ

Going to college or graduate school was never the goal for our children.
Our heart’s desire was to raise them to follow hard after God… wherever He led them. 
And by the Grace of God, they are all running after His heart.
For this, I am most thankful…for this, I am most proud.

I don’t share all this to puff myself up…but actually to puff YOU up…
to encourage YOU. 
I tell you with everything in my heart…
If God can give me all I needed to homeschool…to raise these kids…
I assure you…He will do the same for you!!!

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us. Ephesians 3:20 
(I think this is becoming my life verse)

  so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:17

He never failed to meet me each time I was at the end of my rope…
each time I cried, “I am not smart enough, not creative enough…I can’t do this. “
He came with wisdom from above…”dropped” just the right curriculum I needed for a struggling child. He filled my doubting heart with hope.  
 But more importantly, He gave wisdom from above…
 wisdom to help point them to Him…
to clear a path so they could find their way to the foot of the cross.
And this, my friend, is the reason so many years ago we started this journey.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 3:9

To you weary mommas…homeschooling or not…
Know that the One who gave each of these gifts to you…
He is able and willing to be your Teacher…
And He will give you the strength you need …
 for this wonderful calling of motherhood.

I continue to count these blessings with words and pictures.




seems to be a pattern here:)

It takes a lot of beef to feed this crew!

Proud Grandparents...87 yrs young:)


Oh and all this sweetness for 3 days:)



A little piece of heaven!!
~2275~2292

~cheap fix for the air conditioning
~sweet shopping with daughterJ
~this daughter saying she sees changes in me….oh God’s Grace
~gearing up for graduation weekend
~awards dinner
~kind words
~God’s joy filling to overflowing
~simple acts that bring more freedom
~everyone homeJ
~full day of graduation celebration
~son-in-law who jumps in to help with grilling
~extension in the table so everyone can be together
~Ellie…oh the soft skin of a baby!
~getting sweet smiles from Ellie
~God ’s incredible Grace
~God’s faithfulness through all the years
~love that conquers all

Count with me at Ann’s also come along to Playdates ,Soli Deo Gloria and On Your Heart Tuesday.

31 comments:

  1. awesome!!! i love seeing all these pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendal...thanks for stopping by...have a great monday....

      Delete
  2. Congratulations,Ro - to all of you! You have a beautiful family - and look at that little one. She is growing up so fast. What a wonderful weekend you've had. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia...yes she is growing too fast...I am so excited that I get to see her 3 out of the next 4 weekends...I could get use to this. blessings to you~

      Delete
  3. I need this! Thanks for sharing your homeschooling journey. I have the same desire for my kids. I want them to know that all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are found in Christ. May He direct them on their life's journey. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina...I really wanted this to give hope and encouragement for those right in the middle of the journey...to see God is faithful no matter who He has to “work” with. have a blessed Monday~

      Delete
  4. Wow! Congratulations, my dear sweet friend! What a great season to celebrate and rejoice at the goodness of God as you have walked in such faithfulness to Him! After 8 years of homeschooling & this year putting my 16 year old in public school (only because she begged) I soooo needed that verse Galations 3:9..."Do not weary of doing good.." May God continue to bless you & your family in every way! Just LOVE all the photos! Your family is beautiful & clearly such a precious gift! Blessings ~ jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen..I hope you found some oxygen here to take a little deeper breath...breath in His faithfulness as He leads you with each one of your children...You will reap blessings from Him...love to you my friend~

      Delete
  5. Loved the pictures. . .what sweet little toes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin...oh is there anything more precious than baby toes....blessings to you~

      Delete
  6. I have said it before and I will say it again...
    You have such a good looking crazy talented family!

    Thanks for giving me homeschooling hope...as I not one of those over the top homeschooling gung-ho mommas...I am just one who folds it into my day...and everyday scoops up guilt about my kids writing skills...lol
    I just love ya...you are a great inspiration to me.
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T...I really just wanted this post to breath some hope and energy into momma’s just like you...those daily loving their kids...pressing forward daily...to let go of the guilt...and trust Him to bring each on through to the other side...your words are sweet to my soul...love ya back dear T...blessings to you~

      Delete
  7. That's amazing, Ro! You should be so proud of all of your children and what you've done to guide them and point them in the right direction. Great job, son ... Great job, mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth...oh it is God’s Grace...God’s Grace...that is what is so amazing...when standing on the other side...all you can see is His finger prints...thanks for stopping by..have a blessed day:)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for your visit - and so fun for me to return it. Congratulations!! What a lovely time of celebrating and also, of giving God the glory and thanks for it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherry...oh I wanted this to come through...it is all thanks to HIM and Glory to God for His faithfulness...thanks for hopping over...blessings~

      Delete
  9. What a joy to share in your joy and God's faithfulness day by day as you relied on Him...Congrats to Daniel and to all of your kids...may God continue to bless you and your dear family as you all seek after Him. Praying also for what you shared on my blog re: your friend...so sorry...20 years...Blessings, dear Ro :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly...always appreciated...have a blessed day~

      Delete
  10. Oh, what a gift! Thank you for sharing your joy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Theresa...glad you dropped in...blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, rejoicing and whistling congratulations to you and yours!! And, yes, your granddaughter is all sweetness! So precious! Mother love is a never-give-up-ness kind of love isn't it!
    - and I am totally interested in the changes your daughter sees in you - or is it that she sees you real now that she is a mother?

    Beautiful blessings here! I'm drinking my coffee thinking you are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Actually it was a my youngest daughter...almost 16yr old...I hope to write a blog sometime soon about that little gift.
    Thanks for drinking coffee with me...always love sharing a good cup with someone:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an incredible testimony! I love love seeing pictures of your sweet family & the baby toes! oh my!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelli...He is so faithful...and yes...baby toes...so sweet. blessings to you ~

      Delete
  15. Thank you, thank you for your encouragement...wow, so inspiring and full of hope! And such a treat to get to see your pictures :) I love how you said, by the grace of God, one day at a time, one year after another...and how you refocused my heart to be confident that He IS all I need. Thank you for speaking truth, life and hope for us mamas. Much love to you and your sweet family, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacque...I really wanted all who stopped by to feel great encouragement and to be strengthened in knowing God is faithful through each season of life...thanks always for you too kind words...blessings to you my friend~

      Delete
  16. What a blessing!! Thank you for sharing your gifts with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you popped in...blessings~

      Delete
  17. Oh, I love Ephesians 3:20! Thanks for sharing it, and your story with us! God bless you and your family. Raising children to follow hard after Him is the very best thing there is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerralea...amen...3John 1:4...no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. Thanks for stopping in...blessings to you~

      Delete
  18. Congratulations to the good doctor! And to that little piece of heaven--beautiful.

    ReplyDelete