/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Friday, May 25, 2012

Apples of Gold


In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. 1 John 1-2

I read this scripture and I wonder…of all the names…
why was God referred to as the Word?
Trust me, I am no theologian and I would not attempt to expound on this…
but I do find it interesting that from the beginning was the Word…
 from the beginning words were present.
 God could have created the universe any way He saw fit…
He chose to use words…to speak what was on His heart.
He saw void…darkness and He spoke light and creation …all His beauty into existence. Words are powerful…they can speak life…or bring death.
“As it is written, I have made you a father of many nations in the presence of Him whom He believed-God, who gives life to the dead, and calls those things which do not exist as though they did” (Romans 4:17).
Every day…every moment…will we take the opportunity to create an environment where words are spoken to heal…where our words can speak to a soul those things that don’t exist yet… words of hope…grace…love…mercy…truth.

Do we really understand the power of words…I think if we did…we would use them more carefully.  Oh, how I have failed and still do in this area. "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty." Isaiah 6:5

Oh, let’s cry out together…to be cleansed and transformed so…
 the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Here are just a few scriptures on the power of our words….

Death and life are in the power of the tongue,…Prov. 18:21

There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. 
Prov. 12:18

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. Ephesians 4:29

I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak… for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
 Matt. 12:36-37

If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. James 1:26

The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. Luke 6:45

Whoever belittles his neighbor lacks sense, but a man of understanding remains silent. Prov. 11:12Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. Col. 4:6
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver.
Prov. 25:11

Join me today for 5 Minute Friday…always a blessingJ

20 comments:

  1. I love your use of scripture and the challenge to use our words as an opportunity to bring glory to God! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn’t it a real challenge to use our words in the right way...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  2. love this post. our words are so powerful, and so easy to let fly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendal...oh yes...way to easy...have a great weekend. blessings~

      Delete
  3. ... oh my, so many deep thoughts from God's Word all in 5 minutes ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda...maybe I should have said...it maybe took a little more than 5 to add scriptures:) thanks for stopping in...

      Delete
  4. I have been thinking recently about the power of words to encourage or destroy - our words are so powerful - amen to this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya...Oh yes...I need a great revelation of this in my life...so glad you stopped by...blessings~

      Delete
  5. I just reread the Matthew 12 verse about careless words recently. Convicting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura...that is one I would rather skip over...thanks for stopping by...blessings to you~

      Delete
  6. Thank you, Ro. Wow. I have been returning to the first few verses of John this week, too. Still digging in here. . . so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer...I think this takes a life time...I will be digging a long time...I am so thankful what is impossible with man is possible with God. Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Words are so powerful. I don't know how many times when I'm angry that I repeat (while biting my tongue), "God guard my tongue!".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. words can be so dangerously powerful...but oh so powerfully positive. Oh yes..guard my tongue...I need that ...glad you dropped in...blessings~

      Delete
  9. PRoverbs 25:11...love it I painted a few versions of that this year... it was my verse of the year...so I am always looking for it.
    love that I found it here.
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T...I bet those are the most beautiful scripture cards....have a great weekend...blessings~

      Delete
  10. Oh Ro! May my words bring life and not death...may they lift another instead of tear down. I want to live this. Thank you for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many wonderful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ro - Such great thoughts. And oh, how guilty we can all be in using careless words that at the time we might feel, "entitled" to. Forgive us Lord. So humbling that one day we will give an account to Him for every word we speak. Reminds me to be so very careful...and to repent for those careless words I have spoken way to often in the past. Bless you, my friend. ~ jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Words are so powerful! The sting can last longer than any slap in the face. But they can also heal and redeem. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete