/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Transformed By The Gospel.


When I was lost… wondering in pursuit of the unknown …
I observed….I scrutinized…and I must say judged people’s actions…
especially those who called themselves Christians.
I was searching…searching for something I could not put into words.
Something so deep within…a yearning…a crying out…
Now I realize it was for someone whose life exhibited the gospel…
I was crying out for the gospel.

While on my quest, I had many words preached at me…
shallow words that fell short of my heart.
I had many friends who told me the do’s and don’ts…
But it was a relationship based on rules…
but none of these satisfied the deep cry of my heart…
a quiet cry…”what must I do to be saved?”

I wasn’t looking for a little better version of myself
I needed a radical transformation…therefore I needed a radical gospel.
Not the crazy kind of radical…
with its big words and grand ideas but empty of substance.
Radical as defined here: “Departing markedly from the usual or customary.”
I desperately craved to see someone whose everyday life was radically different from those around them.

My first encounter with the true gospel was my husband. We met at 14.
His life fit the saying…
”Preach the gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” St. Frances of Assisi.
I watched him…studied him and I constantly questioned…Is he for real?  
Time after time…he proved he was. 
Mark has loved Jesus his whole life and he reflected the gospel through his steady, unwavering love for God.

As I quietly continued my inquiry, my second real encounter with the living gospel came in college. 
Some churched friends invited me to a Bible study…
they warned me the leader may be “a little much”
God knew she was just what I needed…
 I needed to see how the gospel could radically transform a heart that was previously given to the world…
 a heart now given wholly to her Savior, a heart unashamed to follow hard after Him...
a heart whose love for her Savior infiltrated her every word and action.

God knew I was desperate to see the gospel walked out in a real authentic way.
I witnessed one life with a love that held him strong and steady…
and another life who was rescued from the world.
Both strong…both “preached “ God’s truth of the gospel.
Both feed my hungry soul...
Both ignited a spark...
a spark that would catch fire...
a fire burning in my heart today.
  
The world is not desperate for good words...
but lives transformed by gospel.

Dear children,let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and truth. 
1John 3:18

Join me @Ann’s and back at Emily’s

27 comments:

  1. Yes, to be transformed. I am standing in line with my porridge bowl, asking for more...I am hungry as well, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kd...let's let Him fill us today...blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. smiles...love that...the seeing of love and gospel played out in peoples lives, more than their words...tht makes it authentic...and a transformation that spills out onto others...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Brian...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  4. Yes, actions do speak so much louder than words. We learn, we teach and, we learn.
    Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by...may our actions speak His love to those around us. Blessings to you~

      Delete
  5. i totally agree with you! this has been on my heart lately, to live the gospel with actions, with love, not just with rule following. Thank you so much for your testimony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad this confirms what God is speaking in your heart...glad you stopped by...blessings~

      Delete
  6. Oh, yes, seeing the gospel lived out in others, that opens the doors. Makes me think of those who held the door for me. Great post! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina...it's good to remember those who helped us along the way...blessings~

      Delete
  7. This really brings things into focus for me a long-time believer. I often forget that there are those who need me to step up and, not just share Christ with them, but "care" my friends toward Christ. Beautiful words, Ro! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth...I like how you said...'care' my friends...great thought...blessings to you~

      Delete
  8. Oh, ells, I am grateful I was your neighbor over at Ann's ... that you would stop by!! Your message is filled with the message of the gospel and wish I had seen, felt, and heard before age 45!! May you minister to others at all ages as you walk this journey of ours.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda @ Being Woven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS...I love Beth's "'care' my friends to Christ" too. Powerful images here today.

      Delete
  9. What a blessing to have Mark and your leader live out His life and love...praying with you to live it out...thanks Ro and Happy belated Easter:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly...yes I am very blessed indeed. happy belated Easter to you~

      Delete
  10. Such honest words. People watch to see if were for real. Our actions speak louder than words. A book i'm reading right now is Crazy Love, and its challenging me to live more radically for Christ, and to move out of my comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alecia...I have read bits of it...would like to read it myself. I hear it is very challenging. thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
    2. Thank you for sharing the journey God has taken you on, the people He brought into your life with the gospel that had transformed them. Isn't it good that it is nothing we do, or are, or try to be, or give up, or act like....but rather His work in us to give a thirst for Him, for truth, for His life in us. Then we can see that work in us as He uses His child to touch others.
      Wow....thanks for sharing HIS-story in you. You are amazing.

      Delete
    3. darnly...amen...let us live in a way that others thirst after Him. so glad you stopped by...blessings~

      Delete
  11. Now I realize it was for someone whose life exhibited the gospel…

    you know, i long for this all of the time... even though i've witnessed it, i never stop longing for it. i think deep down i won't be fully satisfied until i meet Jesus :) thank you for showing me him, friend. love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily...I so agree...there will always be an ache...only to be satisfied in Him. Blessings and xoxoxo to you sweet friend.~

      Delete
  12. The world is not desperate for good words...
    but lives transformed by gospel.

    I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura...thank you for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  13. Oh, yes - there seems to be such a lack of this today! To see people who have really, truly been transformed, though - what an incredible blessing! Being around people like that has brought some of the greatest growth in my faith. From your story, too, it's so, so evident that we need this, this "radical" living. Thank you so very much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that quote by St. Fransis of Assisi! This a wonderful post on transformation. The world is not desperate for good words, but lives transformed...so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, beautiful. just goes to the core of me. this is what is silently playing in the back of my mind all of the time. that i want to not just SAY words, but live them. i agree with Emily--no way can i ever be satisfied until i meet Jesus, Who will for eternity save me from myself. thank you for your mentoring through all of your pouring out of your heart here, friend. you have been such a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete