/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Monday, April 9, 2012

Thanksgiving Turns Us Toward the Light.



Counting all the ways God loves me…
He is opening my blind eyes to see this world as God's love story to me...to all of us...
 the beauty of all of creation…His image bearers…both in people and nature… 

My deaf ears now can hear the Love He speaks … through the birds singing…
the rolling thunder…words that come to encourage. 
All the hammering...one nail at a time... has not only transformed me on the inside…
but has transformed how I live in the world around me….
and more importantly…how I live at home.

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the ruler, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” Eph. 6:12
I hate how the enemy doesn’t play fair…
how he comes after the innocent…the young…our children. 
My daughter has been in one of those battles…
the enemy assaulting her…telling her lies…
trying to rob this happy, joyful young girl of who she is. 
This battle is weary…she gets weary…but we fight it together…
and now we have a new weapon in our arsenal…giving thanks. 
When she tells me the lies that come against her…when she shares her fears…
I encourage her to turn her heart toward truth…the light. 
The best way to find the light is to give thanks…
giving thanks turns us and takes us away from the darkness. 
It is like walking…when we face the sun…Son…the shadow falls behind us. 
Thanksgiving turns us to the Light…thanksgiving says…get behind me Satan.  
Thanksgiving walks us toward all the love He has for us.

We have had a battle weary week…she hammers out thanksgiving…
she battles the onslaught of lies with thanksgiving…
we pray many times a day…giving thanks. 
 While sitting on the couch, watching some Little House on the Prairie (side note…could not get her interested when she was young…now she wants to watch it at 15…I love itJ )
 my daughter with a strong, sure voice proclaims...
”God did a work in my heart today, can you see it in my eyes?”
I tell her "I sure can"…
she testifies…"Giving thanks today did something in my heart." 


This fruit of thanksgiving has been growing in my heart...
this fruit produces seeds...
now my daughter takes the seeds and plants them in her own heart.

So let’s not grow weary…keep counting…giving thanks…hammering one by one…so not only will our lives be transformed…but we will revolutionize generations to come.

Hammer with me @ Ann’s…join me @ Jen’s, Shanda’s Laura’s and Jennifer's.

Counting with pictures as well as words.

The love of a Great-grandmother.
The Elliott ladies.

Please no more pictures!

Always ready to comfort:)

                                                                    ~3074~3097~
~God giving clarity as soon as mark starts to pray
~clear wisdom for the kids
~seeing a brother putting aside his desires to meet his sister’s need
~God meeting our daughter…praises
~a day of grace
~trusting what you bring my way
~dinner with our hiking friend…this time the Continental Divide
~prayer time while mowing
~ finding an old CD…how it sings my heart's longings
~learning to cease from striving
~a daughter-in-love with a servant’s heart
~area worship for kids...no denomination walls
~son baptizing his friend
~a safe trip
~visiting with special friends
~Ellie, Amy and Jared coming for the dayJ
~oh, just holding all that sweetness
~laughter with family
~83 year old mother-in-law that serves her family well.
~dogwoods in abundance
~beauty of the mountians
~continuing to feel God’s help to live in the “what is”
~God’s kindness and Grace






34 comments:

  1. How wonderfult that you can pass on a heritage of thanks to your daughter. It is the best way to assault the lies. I've been reading the Little House series to my oldest, we love them! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful...and I don't think one can every outgrow little house:)

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures!
    And the admonition to be thankful. It is always a north star for me, too. So glad your daughter is practicing it. Blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes..true North. blessing to you~

      Delete
  3. Such wonderful words of advice to your daughter, Ro! And I love the analogy of walking toward the sun (Son) and "the shadow falls behind us." I'm going to reuse that one--giving you credit for sure! You have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing with all of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth...thanks...and all credit goes to HIm^....blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to read the fruit of thankfulness manifested in a young woman. What a precious gift for you, her mother! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tereasa...thanks for stopping by...I am so thankful too...blessings to you~

      Delete
  6. love this Ells! and the picture at the end! awesome! I want you to read my post for this week :) you'll like it- thank you for praying with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know...wow...so blessed.

      Delete
  7. Hey "neighbor". A beautiful list of gifts there and I'm glad this is making a difference for your daughter! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by...blessings to you~

      Delete
  8. beautiful pictures!! especially that last one! What a memory to look back on when she is older. :)
    I love dogwoods.
    Have a great Monday! :) ~Frances

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances...blessings to your Monday too...

      Delete
  9. Oh, these pictures. Such beauty. Thanksgiving...caught. Right here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura...glad you stopped by...blessings~

      Delete
  10. Ro! beautiful Easter pictures, friend. oh, what a sweet family. you are so happy holding that little granddaughter. i love the moments with your daughter you have shared with us--you are such a good, good mom. Little House On the Prairie--one of the few things we were allowed to watch as children--love it! beautiful list, too. you are so far ahead of me--i have such a long way to go--such a lot to learn. hanging in there and counting with you. love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nacole...oh it is not a race...just all of us counting together...letting it transform our lives...our family. I am sure you will have these sweet moments with your daughters as well. xoxox to you my friend.

      Delete
  11. What A lovely post, really wonderful! I am so thankful I topped by to read. How I wold love to have a mom like you. What a blessing you are to your daughter. I love the pictures so very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tesha...thanks for your sweet words. blessings to you~

      Delete
  12. What a precious post. What battles your daughter fights--how blessed to have a mother who gives effective arsenal. I'll be praying your sweet young one will be relieved of the enemy's attack. Gratefulness blesses giver and those whom the thankfulness is directed to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela...thanks for the prayers...God is so faithful. Blessings to you.~

      Delete
  13. isn't it wonderful that this generation is learning about their arsenal now... think how well off little Ellie's generation can be...being raised up in it.
    I loved every word.
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T...yes it is exciting to think about this revolution of praise:) blessings~

      Delete
  14. beautiful blogs and love the photos. glad I stopped by to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean...glad you stopped by too..blessings to you~

      Delete
  15. Such a nice post, lovely pictues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise...thank you for stopping by...blessings ~

      Delete
  16. Thanks for such a lovely picture of a mom teaching her daughter Thanksgiving...and thanks for coming over to my blog!
    Summer@
    www.athirstforGod.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Summer...thanks for stopping by here...blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so encouraging to keep on counting those gifts of thanksgiving! I need to get back to counting, I really do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure i can stop myself now:)...glad you stopped by....blessings~

      Delete
  19. The counting up of our joys is, needed, a weapon on the arsenal. And you wield it well, my friend! So glad you've linked up. You're a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer...thanks so much...I will be back my friend...blessings~

      Delete