/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Monday, April 23, 2012

Paint A Beautiful Story


"I discover that a sloppy brush of thanksgiving over everything in my life leaves me deeply thankful for very few things in my life” Ann Voskamp

I spent most of my life taking the broad stroke of thankfulness…
Painting a very dull landscape of my life.

A landscape void of the brilliant colors...
the colors which God longs to infuse into our lives.

When we are young we learn to paint by numbers,
Well, I am going back to the basics…
I am painting by numbers…
With each dip of the pen, I dip into an array of colors…
source

Each color having a glory of it’s own…



  


Each stroke painting my life with grandeur and beauty.


So I continue to paint…
One dip at a time…
One stroke... than another….
Until these numbers paint a beautiful story.

~3188~3206~

~skyping with Amy and Ellie
~Lunch with a friend
~seeing God's protection of friendship
~Mark's safe travel
~conviction that comes in the night...gentle reminder how to love better
~graduation practice
~friend offering place for graduation party
~getting plans done for parents anniversary party
~taking baby steps
~more freedom
~letting go of my sense of justice
~finding more grace and mercy
~mowing the yard
~a night with Mark
~kids going to senior banquet
~God's kindness to speak to us
~end of the year party...sweet fellowship
~God's sweet presence 

Paint with me today @ Ann's and join me @Soli Deo Gloria and Playdates.

41 comments:

  1. I love this! The photos are beautiful. Counting individual gifts rather than broad thanks is true gratitude. Enjoyed reading your list: God's sweet presence, finding more grace, conviction. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina...how I have limited grace in my life and therefore others...He is faithful...blessings to you~

      Delete
  2. Yes! Let's keep on painting! God has created such a beautiful world full of rich colors! Abundant blessings to you & yours! God is good! All the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria-anna...let paint together....and amen...God is good all the time!! thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  3. this is so my heart! to paint a beautiful story... Whatsoever things are lovely, honourable...I am getting out the paints and looking at the One ...
    sending hugs your way. Thank you for sharing this beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fisherlady...whatever is lovely...oh yes...hugs to you as well...blessings as you paint:)

      Delete
  4. Lovely, lovely illustration of Ann's wise words. Beautiful painting, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  5. I just loved this! I remember those paint by number kits and loved to to them. So true about the sloppy, broad paintbush of thanks! I've done it, and it does leave my soul unrefreshed and dry. I loved "letting go of my sense of justice" and finding more mercy and grace. I've wish I would remember that truly great feeling in my soul when I do extend whispers of grace to another. Thank you for this. It was a blessing to be here today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cora...thanks for all your words...you have blessed me...thanks for taking the time to leave part of your heart here. blessings to you~

      Delete
  6. paint..thanks... oh you are doing it friend.
    it is all so wonderful
    and you are accentuating it all with your remembrance
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T...from the one who can paint with words and brushes...thanks my friend.

      Delete
  7. Oh, I love this post! I too must go back to the basics, settle myself and really notice all the small colors. I fear I've been quite color blind for the first half of my life! Thanks for the wonderful reminder - your words uplift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie...yes me too..black and white with very little gray...so thankful He comes to teach us to paint with His colors of love. Blessings~

      Delete
  8. Paint by numbers - I love how you describe listing gifts that way. Such an accurate description! And your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney...thanks so much...blessings to you~

      Delete
  9. i love this! this concept of eucharisto is awesome, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendal...yes life changing indeed. blessings to you~

      Delete
  10. Your photos and words paint a lovely picture of His goodness in your life...am grateful along with you for how He gently convicts and corrects...Blessings to you, sweet Ro :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly...thanks so much...He is so kind...blessing right back at you friend.

      Delete
  11. Wow! What an effective way to say this, painting exuberant gratitude, one small stroke at a time. A knockout post! Its imagery is going to linger a long while in my mind! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sylvia...your words are so kind...blessings to you as we paint one stroke at a time.

      Delete
  12. love the idea of painting a story. your photos are beautiful. I wandered over here from Ann's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth...thanks for wondering over...I will try to wonder over as well...blessings~

      Delete
  13. So so beautifully said. Keep painting my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shanda thanks friend...blessings~

      Delete
  14. You have a beautiful blog. I was blessed tonight by reading it. After a frustrating day your words and photos brought me peace. Thank you.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog. May we both keep writing for the glory of God.

    Elaine W. Miller
    www.SplashesofSerenity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine...I am blessed you found help in Him today...blessings to you~

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Glenda...Oh yes...it seems like I could not stop if I tried. thanks for stopping by~

      Delete
  16. beautiful, hopeful, glorious. I'm with Glenda, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen...thanks for stopping by...blessings and thanks for all you do~

      Delete
  17. I love that quote of Ann's ... and these photographs are beautiful. Such a reminder to "be still and know."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika...yes be still and Know...amen...blessings~

      Delete
  18. Oh, sweet Ro. You always know how to make me smile wide and look to Him. Beautiful picture you painted for me today. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki...may we look at Him together...blessing to you~

      Delete
  19. Oh my goodness... this is so good! And those pictures... WoW! I love the paint by numbers quote... brilliant and beautiful thought... I loved paint by numbers when I was young. I love thinking of the beauty in it and the counting of gifts...

    You are so lovely...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele...thanks my friend...let's keep painting together...all to His Glory:) blessings~

      Delete
  20. hey Ro,

    the way you painted a picture of paint-by-number, of continuing to dip the brush in and paint with numbers your gratitude--oh, beautiful imagery. love it. i think people like coming here because it is peaceful and calming, like it was for me this morning. you really have something to offer people in your writing--so lovely. {and i see how busy you are--beautiful list! so many graces} love you and miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! I think in my haste to go to the "next thing" that I paint in haste, often sloppily. Gentle conviction found here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful! Love it! Glad I found your blog through Laura's Playdate! I'll follow you through bloglovin! Blessings! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete