/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Monday, April 16, 2012

Living Water


But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." John 4:14

A spring of flowing water has many different streams…
some small…

some large…

 and even a little pool. 

All the water flowing from the spring comes from One Source. 
The Lord invites all to come and He will give living water. 
He doesn’t tell us from which kind of stream we will drink…
but He does promise to give water. 
So whether a rushing flow …

or just small droplets…

each satisfies the need for each moment.
Thanksgiving can flow whether we are showered in the rushing water…

 or a slow steady stream. 

Thanksgiving builds up our faith…
deepens our trust in the One who says…come and drink …
Only He can quench the dry and thirsty soul.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, 
for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. Rev.21:6

Jesus said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water, 
so that I will not be thirsty or have to come here to draw water.”John 4:13-14

Join me today at Ann’s , The Wellspring and Soli Deo Gloria.
~3135~3151
~feeling God’s nearness
~in the war…knowing peace and freedom will come
~grace to let go
~Ellie 3 months old
~prayers at midnight…God coming to help
~husband who can be woken up to come and pray
~seeing redemption
~sweet text…ministering to both me and y daughter
~another letter in the mail…timely words
~honored by kind words and the reaching out from the blogging community
~a weekend of connecting with friends
~Ann’s words on Sat….something always fills the empty spaces
~daugther-in-love spending the night while husband was camping
~having kids home on Sunday
~scripture-typer…sermon on the mount
~Son taking job here instead of moving to ArizonaJ




37 comments:

  1. How beautiful and true! He always provides just what we need. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina...thanks for stopping by...blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thank you for the reminder of the source... even when it's just a trickle of thanks! :) I needed that this morning!
    visiting from Multitude Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JulieAnne...glad you stopped by...blessings as we drink from the Well:)

      Delete
  4. this source. so many ways it unfolds around us, so many ways to be blessed. love this. and, I bet you're so happy to have your son staying close by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara...Yes...I really wanted him to be where God was leading...just so glad God lead him here:) blessings~

      Delete
  5. I love these scriptures and this truth... I came so thirsty... and I have tasted of the living water and never thirst again... I desire to bring that living water, He promised will flow, to those who've yet to have a drink...

    Thank you for this dear one... and I love your precious gifts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele...I love that He always has the perfect amount of water to quench our thirsty souls. blessings to you~

      Delete
  6. So glad your son was led to stay near instead of moving away. Such a blesing!

    I love this:

    "All the water flowing from the spring comes from One Source."

    "...each satisfies the need for each moment."

    You brought up thoughts I've never considered. Thanking God for letting me drink today right here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa...so thankful you found nourishment here...and i am so thankful he will be near:) thanks for stopping by and blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful - our world is so thirsty so many don't even know what it is they are thirsty for! have a beautiful week Ells! (still feeling well ;) - except for yucky colds going around the house) I'll take that over RA any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh...many praises for still feeling well...Oh how I remember how "regular" illness did not bother me so much....have a great week....blessings~

      Delete
  9. your sons wife stayed with you while her husband was out of town.... wwow.
    you have such a wonderful family...and it pours out!
    you are like a glass of fresh water!
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T...thanks:) and my DIL is a sweet heart...I think it helps too that there are still 2 kids at home for her to hang with too.blessings~

      Delete
  10. Sweet texts and timely letters - they are always such unexpected drops of grace. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne...I love.."drops of grace"...I will be more attentive to those drops of grace...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  11. Such a beautiful post! A letter in the mail is so wonderful. How sweet for your daughter-in-love to stay with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennifer...yes handwritten letters are a special gift these days and my DIL is a sweet gift too...blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too loved Ann's empty spaces post. What gorgeous images of water, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Court...yes it was so good...thanks for stopping by.~

      Delete
  14. Yes, only He can quench that thirst....beautiful post, thanks for sharing! Counting my blessings along with you today. Gifts - ever-abundant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca...so glad there is a community that all sings His praises together. blessings~

      Delete
  15. Thank you for sharing from His living water poured into you ...such a blessing...so glad your son chose to stay close and for how God ministered to you with timely words. Blessings, Ro :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly...I am thankful too that He is staying here to work. blessings to you~

      Delete
  16. I feel refreshed just in the reading, but the true refreshment comes from drinking the Living Water. I am grateful for your sharing.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda... yes true refreshing only come from Him...thanks for stopping by~

      Delete
  17. Just your photos make me feel peaceful. And to think that He, as the Living Water, refreshes our soul and give us soul peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shanda...isn't water just peaceful...love it. blessings~

      Delete
  18. Beautiful. He is so good to me. Thanks for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyli..yes isn't He good..thanks for stopping by. blessings~

      Delete
  19. This is so beautiful and so precious to me today. Even through the desert experiences of my life, He has provided that living water to my soul. I've known the rushing waterfall, but also the little droplets -- but in each and every situation, all that I was given was all that I needed. Thank you for such beautiful pictures as reminders of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cora...He is faithful to meet our needs according to His riches in Glory. glad you stopped by...blessings~

      Delete
  20. What lovely, lovely pictures. Makes me thirsty! And with your words, I know only One will quench. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. sweet Ro,

    the water is quieting to my soul....love your list--God's nearness, the grace to let go, oh yes! yes, friend. learning this grace with you...so much love to you.

    ReplyDelete