/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Light


Every Thursday night kids from area high schools and colleges gather for worship…the lights are turned down low…only music…only worship.
Here there are no denominational walls…
Here there is only the Light of the world...
Light drawing these young hearts out of the darkness into His light.

As I am waiting for their return, I receive a text from my daughter…
a revival is breaking out here…we will be late. 
Next I get a picture of my son baptizing a friend.

On this eve of Good Friday… the Light of the world has come to drive away the darkness.

  John 8:12. When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

““Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the LORD rises upon you. Isaiah 60:1

Tonight I am rejoicing for those who saw the light…
Those who now have an eternal home.
Let us pray that many will see the beauty this weekend of celebration holds…
the death and resurrection of our Savior.

Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.
John 12:36

Linking up for Five Minute Fridays.


Was up late waiting to hear about their evening…so I got to write this Thursday night before I went out of town. So if I don’t get to get visit around tomorrow or respond to comments…I just wanted to wish each and everyone a blessed Easter weekend. May His love and riches fill your hearts.

9 comments:

  1. Hey there, friend,

    I have been trying to choose right, how I spend my time, and the kids have most of it these days. There has been lots of laughter in the home and for that I am grateful :)

    I have received your precious comments and words that bring so much encouragement. I am slowly able to reply to them. I think of you often, and the wisdom you impart, as I go about my day. You have been a great source of light to help show me the way.

    Thank you for that...

    Also, how beautiful a picture... your son baptizing someone. What a tremendous blessing and beautiful memory captured :) Have a most blessed Easter weekend...

    With love, Michele-Lyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words...keep looking to the Light...He will lead your momma's heart. Have a wonder Easter weekend.

      Delete
  2. What a great experience on a perfect week for your kids. God is faithful. Makes my heart sing. And those teenagers, they cross denominational lines so much better than the grown-ups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura...yes may they lead us adults to a better way...blessings~

      Delete
  3. oh this gave me goosebumps. How wonderfully awesome! Praise the Lord. A blessed Easter to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris...amen...have a blessed too, my friend.

      Delete
  4. What a precious text and photo! More people entering the Kingdom - always a time to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post. So wonderful to hear of young people knowing God in this way. Many blessing for Easter and thanks for visiting my blog.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a divine image there -- full of LIFE! Thank you for sharing. I hope you had a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete