/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Monday, April 30, 2012

Let Us Be Known...


“For the tongue is a pen, which pressing deeply enough…whether for good or for evil…will write upon the heart. “ Mystery of Marriage

Listening to the women at incourage this weekend was a blessing. 
There were so many take -aways…so much to ponder. 
If I had to reduce the essence of all that was spoken to a few words...
The power of the tongue.
 Words...both spoken and written can be wield like a sword...
 for good and for harm.

Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. James 3:5

Actions definitely have their place in building friendships…
but actions can only take a friendship so far…

Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.1John 3:18

Building a lasting friendship takes words…
words are like glue…holding these acts together…
Words become the sustaining power…

Friendships can take years to build…
word upon word…thousands of words.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

At the same time, even the deepest of friendships can be destroyed…
Dismantled in a matter of moments…with only a few of words.

The tongue has the power of life and death... Proverbs 18:21

And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right. James 3:10

My friends I have known the power of the tongue…I have not used my tongue…
my words wisely over the years.

But thanks be to God …He renews our minds…
He transforms our hearts…

. ..for out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks. Luke 6:45

But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' Matthew 15:18

So let us all be known as sisters of love…sisters who speak words of life…
words of Grace…
 “Only speak words that make a soul stronger.” Ann Voskamp 

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Colossians 4:6

Words from a wise man's mouth are gracious, but a fool is consumed by his own lips. Ecclesiastes 10:12

Join me in giving thanks at Ann’s and  jump over to Soli Deo Gloria and Playdates. 
You will be blessed.

Continuing to count with words and pictures.


End of one chapter...high school basketball.
Thanks to his brother who helped coach him.
Senior Banquet.


Sweet friendship...she will really miss him.
Nothing better...coffee and listening to incourage.
Thankful we can have fun together...doing anything.


Oh...in 5 days I get to hold all this cuteness!!!! 

~2228~2250~


~celebrating son’s senior year
~sweet end of the year basketball party
~friend offering their church for the graduation party
~watching a friend do the hard surrender…hard eucharisteo
~skype time with Amy and Ellie
~God giving wisdom in a desperate cry for help
~heart to heart connection with teenage daughter…giftJ
~husband’s job…surrounded by wonderful people
~ironing done
~drinking coffee and listening to the sweet ladies at incourage
~husband who gets me
~him encouraging me to go…
~timely comment from a sweet blogger that confirmed my husband’s words
~stepping out of my comfort zone…large incourage gathering
~two friends emails…offering to help with the graduation party
~long walk with hubby…sun shining down on us
~son home for dinner
~good conversations
~big brother taking siblings to watch hockey and eat wings
~feeling freedom after a long, hard journey
~ God's longsuffering Love

34 comments:

  1. Many beautiful blessings here, Ro. God is so, so good to us. And that 3-month old cuteness? Melts a mimi's heart! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia...yes He is so good...and those babies do melt our hearts:) blessings to you~

      Delete
  2. "Speak only words that make a soul stronger." That's the quote I want to follow this week. The one I want to make make a habit. God speaks a lot about what comes from our tongue.

    Your gift list always brings me joy! Have fun with all the cuddling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela...yes..I pray that all the time...thanks for stopping by...blessings ~

      Delete
  3. Words really do have such power! I guess that explains one reason why I LOVE words! Thanks so much, Ro, for reminding me to be careful how I use them. Thanks also for giving us a peek at what was shared at incourage. Wish I could've been there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth...I wish I understood this sooner...but thankful God is so patient with us...have a great monday...blessings~

      Delete
  4. Tammy...thanks for stopping by~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same cup Ro and it is often sitting in front of my screen too. My daughter gave it to me for Christmas so I cherish it. Wonderful thoughts on the power of the tongue. Sadly, I know the harm it can do and happyily, the life it gives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelly...that is my favorite cup...I will think of you when I drink from it...say a little prayer...blessings and happy monday~

      Delete
  6. The power of the tongue. Oh yes, it can often make or break me. Words from another almost broke me last night. Now, in the light of day, I'm trying to see that the words came from a place of pain and trying not to take them so personally. But still. Words are powerful and once spoken, the memories go on.

    I'm about to go eat lunch with a girlfriend so this is an apt time to remind me to speak words of life, words of Grace, words to make a soul stronger. Beautiful.

    Loving that cuteness! I know you'll enjoy all the holding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa...Oh I am so sorry for those wounding words...I lift up a prayer now for God to come and meet you and heal...and that He will redeem what was meant for harm. Have a sweet time fellowshipping at lunch...blessings to you~

      Delete
  7. It's so true! I am guilty of speaking before thinking. Words hurt for such a long time too. Great truth here. Wonderful list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina...once those words leave our mouth...we can not pull them back...oh how I wish I could so many times...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  8. Your family is beautiful.. and I'm all teary just glimpsing your son in his senior moments... my firstborn seems to be growing so fast I can't keep up these days. Glad that God goes before them and behind them and hems in their moms as well :) Blessings to you today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia...oh yes..it seems like yesterday he was learning to walk...thanks for stopping by...happy Monday~

      Delete
  9. Great list. Loved the bit about the glue, man I forget how important words are sometimes and carelessly fling them around like dishes being thrown. What a great reminder to be more careful, and grateful, in my speech.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Court...flinging around like dishes being thrown...clear picture thanks for that...blessings to you~

      Delete
  10. You actually went to Incourage in Nashville!?!?! So proud of you, mom... and slightly jealous... in a joyous way! If you remember, I emailed you a link to the gathering info months ago ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...shocking...I was going to call to tell you about it...just haven't gotten around to calling you:)

      Delete
  11. Oh boy! yes the tongue and the power it has to build 'up, or dring 'down' in a person's life. And even, too, what we constantly are speaking like begins to offer first impressions of who we truly are on the inside. So let our speech be of praises for our God, always doing good for the next person, and edifying even unto ourself. (This is advice for me! Thanks for detailed break down through the scripture.)

    Blessings, and I do appreciate you sharing a bit over at my blog.. I was blessed:)
    ~Deanna
    PS- I also read your homeschooling tab. From one homeschooling mother to another, I always appreciate the honesty. Though you may not think it, I do believe you're one to look up to in this area of life! Many blessings are you carry on with your youngest still :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denna...good words...thanks...and I am praying and asking God to help me finish strong. blessings to you~

      Delete
  12. What fun in the kitchen and so glad to read that you are finding freedom...Congrats to your son and to you and your hubby...funny, I mentioned walking with my hubby this week...great post and verse, Ro :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly...I am thankful when people just jump in without even being asked...walks are sweet aren't they...happy monday to you....blessings~

      Delete
  13. Oh, what cuteness you will be holding! Love these word reminders. They are true, true, true! Three trues for emphasis! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dea...counting the days...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

      Delete
  14. love this list! and whaaaat? another very challenging post this evening. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendal...thanks...I will try to remember or ask my daughter about the reply...she is the one who told me how:) blessings~

      Delete
  15. What a good reminder! I often feel like I could hit delete after speaking without first considering. BTW, what a bundle of cuteness you get to hold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tereasa...oh if only...a delete button...i could use one. oh yes...such a bundle...can't wait. blessings to you~

      Delete
  16. Love these picture and the chance to celebrate with you (SDG small group sista)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are the sweetest of pictures! And what a blessing to be part of the in(RL) gathering. Lovely, lovely, lovely. I'll be thinking about your takeaway.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the verses here. Yes -- I need to soak this up. . . And your photos of your beautiful family! I love the one of you all cutting vegetables together! Beautiful! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh Ro, your family is so beautiful. do i say this all the time? i think i do--but you all really are--cutting and dicing veggies in the kitchen, laughter, you getting better at the photos--i remember when you first started out, and how hesitant you were--can i say im proud? beautiful shot of glorious vegetables in all their radiant color. i love that you arent afraid to share the real you--the real family--in every day life. i loved your theme today--well, its a love-hate relationship we have, isnt it, with our tongues? at least it is for me--a struggle. thank you for spurring me on toward godliness. i will try to write you soon!! have been thinking of you a lot. love to you, sweet woman. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete