/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Friday, March 30, 2012

To be the gift.


I spent most of my life being a taker…living in the world of not enough. 
Each gift was viewed through a critical eye…always wanting more. 
I could tell you why I thought I had to grab for everything…
why I feared I would not get what I thought I needed…
but that is in the past…
God can heal the need to be the taker…redeeming the never enough. 
One way God has done this for me is in counting His gifts to me.
Counting all the ways He loves me…
transforming my ungrateful heart to one that flows with gratitude. 
In this transforming process…
He has given me a desire to be a giver…not a taker...
To give more than I receive…
to bring a gift…to be the gift.

Join in the fun at Gypsy Mama’s

16 comments:

  1. Your honesty is so refreshing. At one point or another, we've all been both. Takers and Givers. As we grow though, we eventually realize that it's much more rewarding to give. Giving is Christlike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sela toki...oh yes..giving is most christlike...thanks for stopping by~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. I can truly sense your appreciation for having changed from being a taker, to being a giver and full of gratitude to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your words bless me...thanks for stopping by...blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the lessons we learn by looking, searching, seeking, counting our gifts. What a blessing!
    What a poignant post. Always blessed by the words you shed.
    YOU are a gift to me. thank you!
    All for Him,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post! I love your line "redeeming the never enough." So true. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been so critical of gifts, too, wondering if they would be enough to fill that spot in my soul. But of course they weren't because only He can fill me in the way that I so desire to be filled. Would love to sit and have coffee with you, Ells!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikki...you and your words are a gift to me...blessings to you~

    Lindsey...thanks for stopping by and I am so thankful He can redeem all things.

    Jen...oh coffee would be absolutely wonderful...humm...halfway between tennessee and texas?...blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh girl so fun to read about transformation
    and to
    the testimony is how He uses the willing to get stuff done.
    love it.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful and true...As God heals and loves us and as we participate with Him in that process by counting His gifts, He transforms us...Thank you for blessing me, Ro...wishing you and yours a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just shared this post on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. to bring a gift…to be the gift!

    this is just 'perfect'!

    Thank you for always sharing your heart of how God changes us from glory to glory!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Amen. Only God can do this to us, isn't that true? Beautiful confession. Beautiful transformation. God in you. Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing your transformation here with us. You bless and encourage me more than you know. You give a gift to me here, as you lay your heart bare, and encourage me in my own walk.

    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel blessed to be able to share in this with you, that gift of Him transforming you from a "taker" into a "giver"...so touching! What a blessed story!

    In Him always,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am SO joining you in wanting to BE the gift. Thank you for being a friend who shines Jesus and inspires me to push toward Him always :)

    ReplyDelete