/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Monday, March 26, 2012

Hammering to 3000


“God reveals Himself in rearview mirrors. And I’ve an inkling that there are times when we need to drive a long, long distance, before we can look back and see God’s back in the rearview mirror.” Ann Voskamp.


There are times in our lives when God tills up the soil…
Removes rocks and debris…
Uproots the weeds choking out the life of the seed
During this plowing season...
We sometimes can't see past …
The heart ache…the loss…the confusion…the loneliness…the questions…
all these things that become the plow…
Digging deep within our souls…
“When we lay the soil of our hard lives open to the rain of grace and let joy penetrate our cracked and dry places, let joy soak into our broken skin and deep crevices, life grows. How can this not be the best thing for the world? For us?”Ann Voskamp

And just like a farmer…God plants seeds with a purpose…
Each planting season, He plants seeds that will bear His fruit…
A harvest of His Truth planted deep within the soil of our hearts…
And each harvest season in our lives yields different fruit…
“Something always comes to fill the empty places.” Ann Voskamp

I feel like this harvest season has yielded a bumper crop…
The fruit over flowing from my heart…
Thankfulness…gratitude…joy…
“Gratitude for the seemingly insignificant—a seed—this plants the giant miracle.” Ann Voskamp

I have been counting just a little over a year…
And I have reached 3000…
3000 gifts…all the ways He loves me…
A life contemplating the blessings of Christ becomes a life acting the love of Christ.” Ann Voskamp

with each pound of the pen…
I hammered out discontentment…
Each number hammered in thankfulness…
Life-changing gratitude does not fasten to a life unless nailed through with one very specific nail at a time. Little nails and a steady hammer can rebuild a life-eucharisteo precedes the miracle.” Ann Voskamp

My blind eyes were opened…
Opened to see all God’s beauty around me…
My senses awakened...
Awakened to take in gifts…
Gifts I missed for far too long…
“The remedy is in the retina.” Ann Voskamp

Counting makes room for God’s Spirit…
Love…joy…
Joy…this missing fruit…
Joy is the realest reality, the fullest life, and joy is always given, never grasped. God gives gifts and I give thanks and I unwrap the gift given: joy.” Ann Voskamp

Oh, how I could go on…maybe quote the whole book…
The words on these pages fell like seeds into my heart…
A heart plowed up....
A heart that was hungry…
I hunger for filling in a world that is starved.” Ann Voskamp

A heart prepared by LOVE…to receive all the gifts He has.

If you are in a season of being plowed…
Hold on to His Love...
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians” 6:9
In due season…

Join me as I continue to count with this amazing community of peoplewith one voice we are hammering…pounding out our thanksgiving…lifting high our praises…
                                        Also hop over to Jen’s…you will be blessed.


~3000~3014

~God’s transforming power
~longsuffering Love
~Love conquering all
~A Holy Experience
~Ann Voskamp
~counting
~safe travels
~sweet times of fellowship
~seeing Ellie for 8 straight days
~hours in a car with Amy…easy conversations
~a daughter who is a friend
~springtime
~dogwoods blooming  

~new life  

20 comments:

  1. I am echoing your words and rejoicing with you in this journey of counting the gifts from our good and gracious God...His gifts that NEVER end! 3000! Just Awesome...Have an amazing week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So enjoyed reading your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all the quotes and your journey, Ro...I am so blessed by your sharing...To God be the Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jacque...oh praises for His unending gifts...you have a great week to my friend...

    Tammy...thanks for stopping by...blessings to you~

    Dolly...amen...to God be the glory...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, for the working of the land...for the working of our hearts. I love this {as usual}. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...3000!!! You pass along excitement and stamina in your commitment. :)

    My fave:
    "with each pound of the pen…
    I hammered out discontentment…
    Each number hammered in thankfulness…"

    Really beautiful. :)

    And thanks so much for stopping by today at FromMyMountainView.com for the Moms Against Manic Mondays Link Up that focuses on encouragement too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gratitude and thankfulness is something I'm trying steadily to cultivate as well, Ro. It sounds as if you are further down the road than I am, but it gives me hope for what this new heart produces! Great words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rejoicing with you over the 3000! Beautiful grace. And I am so thankful for her words too, the way He uses them to break us open. Enjoyed meeting her over the weekend. She is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3000! Hallelujah! And I can't erase the beautiful image of "hammering out discontent." YES, that's exactly what putting page to pen in praise does. Thanks for capturing it with such beauty today. Glad to be your SDG neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks Tara...blessings to you...

    Rebecca...yes...hammering, writing has given a voice to the praises.

    Messy...I was so ripe for the receiving of this truth...so thankful...

    Shelly...sweet gift to meet Ann...so glad you got to...blessings~

    Alicia...thanks for stopping by...writing each one day...it has helped so much...blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "with each pound of the pen…
    I hammered out discontentment…
    Gifts I missed for far too long..."

    love this...felt every word.

    And wow---you picked up on it easier than I did. I started counting March 30th of last year. I just reached 1000 last week! I had a rough start, but it's picked up pace. now, not a day goes by I cannot fill up a page. What a blessing--what a gift!

    Loved this, thank you for sharing!

    All for Him,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nikki... numbers don't matter...just letting the counting turn our hearts toward Him...there we will be transformed...blessings as we keep pounding together:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 3,000 ~ You have had your eyes open. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just yesterday, I read her post about cultivating gratitude in our children. I haven't decided yet, though, whether to do sticky notes on the window or individual gratitude journals. can't wait to start.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jen...we do individual journals and i do keep one out on the counter most of the time...Oh to start this with young kids...what a blessings

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful! Congrats on reaching 3,000. And there are so many more yet to count! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I once told Ann this is the journey of the "Endless gifts". She agreed. Bless you for your faithfulness in this beautiful walk! Such lovely gifts you count.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow... 3000 and beyond... that is fantastic!! Blind eyes opened, senses awakened... oh YES! A daughter who is a friend... love that gift because my mom and I are such good friends too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Christina...oh yes...continuing to hunt...blessings~

    Laura...endless...because His Love is endless thanks for stopping by...

    Jennifer...so thankful for my daughter...a true gift:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hunting along with you and celebrating as you reach 3000.

    Splashing around in God's goodness today ... Had to stop by and wade in this glorious place. Hope you don't mind if I stay a bit and let joy soak deep down.

    Splashin'
    Sarah

    http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete