/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Friday, March 9, 2012

Emptiness...nothingness...Humility



Emptiness…nothingness…in other words…humility

“God created the world out of nothing, and as long as we are nothing,
He can make something out of us.” Martin Luther.

This emptiness…nothingness…knowing how utterly dependent we are on God…

“the Son can do nothing by Himself” (john 5:19)…

“By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but Him who sent me” John 5:30

“My teachings are not my own” John 7:16

This is the life of Christ…to empty Himself…to be a servant…to wash feet….to die on the cross…the beauty of His life…the very essence of His life…humility.

“His humility was simply the surrender of himself to God, to allow Him to do in Him what he pleased, regardless of what men might say of Him or do to Him.” Andrew Murray.

Don’t we pray to be more like Him…to walk in His ways?  I believe this is the bedrock on which all else in our Christian walk must be build…
all else will be sinking sand.

“This true self-denial to which our Savior calls us, the acknowledgement that self has nothing good in it, except an empty vessel for God to fill. Its claim to be or do anything my not for a moment be allowed.  It is in this, above and before everything, that the conformity to Jesus consists- the being and doing nothing of ourselves that God may be all in all.” Andrew Murray.

Oh, Lord let this work be done in our lives…to walk humbly before you…
before others…filled with your Holy Spirit…walking in  Your Love.

It’s 5 minute Friday…join me over at Gypsy Mama

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful post...especially love this line...to walk humbly before you!!! Thanks for stopping by and visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the acknowledgement that self has nothing good in it, except an empty vessel for God to fill. " This is what I'm taking away with me...love that.
    (and the Martin Luther quote you used lines my journal--love that one, too)
    inspiring post as always! Thank you for blessing me today.
    All for Him,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda...thanks for stopping by too...blessings to you.

    Nikki...oh may we be empty for Him to fill...thanks for your kind words...have a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quote of Andre Murray~ "This true self-denial to which our Savior calls us, the acknowledgement that self has nothing good in it, except an empty vessel for God to fill. Its claim to be or do anything my not for a moment be allowed. It is in this, above and before everything, that the conformity to Jesus consists- the being and doing nothing of ourselves that God may be all in all."
    Oh I pray that He may fill my empty vessel.
    Fantastic thoughts....thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. walk in love to be sure.. people (myself included) need to learn how desperately He wants us to build each other up ...to serve each other.
    Be blessed this weekend.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keri...I could have quoted the whole book...His book titled humility...I highly recommend it...thanks for stopping by...have a great weeknd...

    T..Amen my friend...blessed weekend to you too...I get to see my grandlove...sooo excited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful quotes...Thank you...yes, to be willing to be emptied like Him...to be humble...and to cooperate with His process, which can sometimes be painful...so struck with Christ's humility...blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you weave together empty and humility. I think you are absolutely right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dolly and Jen...we write out of where God has us...humility is where I am with Him...everywhere I turn...
    have a blessed weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how much scripture you included in your post... and Andrew Murray... he is one of my favorite authors.. ranking in the same place as A.W. Tozer...

    Thank you for the reminder to be like Christ... this convicts my heart and compels me to seek Him...

    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember being in nursing and my advisor telling me I needed to rely on the group - and I really couldn't fathom that because I didn't know how to rely on someone. Yet, that is what He wants in this relationship, isn't it!

    By myself I cannot do anything. I have learned that lesson - not in nursing though. That field wasn't for me - but God, He didn't give up on me!

    Beautiful message - makes me want to pour it into my children!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i was praying to be emptied today so i might be filled with him. beautiful post friend. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks you...yes..leaning on Him...and I want to pour into my kids too...
    Emily...praying with you...much love to you...

    ReplyDelete