/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Friday, March 16, 2012

Brave Actions Will Follow.


I don’t know how Lisa Jo comes up with the words for 5 minute Fridays…
But maybe God whispers in her ear…
Brave…
This is the very question I am asking myself….
Do I have a heart that can do the brave thing?
The courageous thing…
And for me this takes form in getting outside my comfort zone…
Because when push comes to shove…
I would always choose what is safe…
But thanks be to God…I have learned to try not to choose for myself….
When I look a back over the years….
I have done taken some “brave” steps…
Walk with a courageousness that is not my own…
Even though I have walked bravely in the past…
This doesn’t make me brave now…

Life is always challenging us…
And when it does…
Will I allow God to come into this space?
Because is taking the step the most important thing?
Or is it how our hearts are changed in the process…
The places that are exposed…
Places that would otherwise not been seen while living in the comfort zone…
Seeing the fears that crouch in the corners…
Fears that keep me from risking…
Pride that can disguise itself as false humility…
And stirrings that still can’t find words…

It takes courage to not shrink back from the challenge…
It takes a brave heart to boldly look at the fears…
To ask the hard questions of ourselves…
Looking into the unknown…
And sometimes that is all God asks…
Just to be willing to take an honest look…
Ask honest questions of ourselves…
And if we will do this…
Brave actions will always follow.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you” Deut. 31:6

Please join me at Gypsy Mama and if you never have taken the challenge…been brave enough to try…I encourage you to do it today.  

18 comments:

  1. I love the line "I have learned to try not to choose for myself..." - yes. this learning. I am learning it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara...thanks for stopping by...have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you stopped by my site today. I hope you are encouraged by today's posts and your heart infused with fresh purpose as you step out bravely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just because we are brave in the past, doesn't mean we are brave in the here and now - so true Ro. Always new opportunities to step into brave territory in order to grow into who He wants us to become. Hope you have a great weekend my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me think of the scripture that says... The righteous live by faith, and He takes no pleasure in the soul that shrinks back... and when I find myself faced with the decision to be brave or not... the motivating desire to be brave, is to to please Him...

    and YOU please Him in this... beautiful.

    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beck...thanks for stopping by here...blessings~

    Shelly...yes always new chances to grow...always a choice to be made...have a great weekend too my friend.

    Michele thanks for that scripture...and yes..I always want to work all the way through until I land at the spot that wants to only be pleasing to Him...blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Walk with a courageousness that is not my own…" -- yes! He gives it to us! We needn't seek, He merely provides when we choose Him!

    Blessings, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's the thing about being brave for Him...it really doesn't matter your strength level.... it is about your willingness in Him that matters.
    I am sure you could change thousands given enough time.
    :)
    T

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such good words! being willing to look, to ask the hard questions, that is a form of bravery we forget. Blessings, my friend, you challenge and bless me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to meet you today. Thanks for stopping by. I wouldn't choose brave on my own either...safe is where I always go. But I see my need to be brave as I watch my kids and how they are inheriting my timidity. Parenting is humbling. Thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Ro, this: "Because is taking the step the most important thing?
    Or is it how our hearts are changed in the process…" This hit me, because as we bravely trust and risk and obey, in the process we ARE changed. He does the work in us as we surrender to the process--the transforming power that is making us more like Him. Such a gift to grown in friendship with you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy...yes...he give us all we need...have a great weekend...

    T...I have had a time with wordpress..could not comment for a couple of days...then this morning got a few...tried again this afternoon to comment on yours...could not...glad your feeling better...hopefully I can figure out what is wrong...have a blessed weekend...

    Kris...thanks for your kind words...always feel blessed when I drop by your place...

    Laura...yes...parenting is humbling...so thankful for God's grace...blessings~

    Jaque...amen...surrendering to the process...to be more like Him...i pray this for us both...this community of friends is so new to me...but a growing blessing in my life...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great insights, Ro...also learning to let Him choose, and accepting it as His goodness towards me...I think each time God calls us out of our comfort zone, it is a chance to grow in faith, grace etc. Happy Weekend...blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dolly...yes...always remembering it is His goodness always His love...have a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm smiling at your post and the verse in Deuteronomy at the end. I pray Deuteronomy 31:7-8 most every day.
    I appreciate so much your encouragement and prayers as my kids leave for Ghana in 4 days. I need some of the courage He gives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such powerful words. I'm glad I found you again through rummaging my older posts from last year. I love the words in Deut. 31:6 Brings such assurance and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Elizabeth...glad you stopped by...my heart and prayers go out to you...I have some friends that are heading to Ghana next week...blessings and peace for these precious days left...

    Sela Toki...glad you came back by...I love this one too...have a blessed weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how this post stirred me on this morning. Yes, how courageous it is to not let fear cower in the corners and to be willing to not only change our circumstances....but our hearts. A brave thing indeed. Thanks for being a strength & a support in prayer to so many! :)

    ReplyDelete