/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Friday, February 24, 2012

True Grit


Grit and determination….that is what the world tells us it takes to get through….
In some areas this may be true…
when running a race and you hit the “wall”…
working out and your body if feeling too fatigued to do keep going...
when a team is way behind and the deficit seems too wide….
all this takes grit and determination to keep going…
to keep fighting through…
a digging deep to do that gut check…where grit is found…

Many of us take this same view in our spiritual walk…
I know I did…
every morning I would grit my teeth…I will be a better mom…
I will not lose my temper…When my faults became evident…
I would apply discipline…determination and grit…
but in this upside down kingdom I now think it the very opposite…

I have learned to yield…not yield to the sin and struggles…
but yield to God with a trusting heart…
trusting that He is willing…He is able to make me a better mom…
                    to free me from anger and all the other sins weighing me down…
instead of gritting my teeth and clinching my fist in determination…
I come with open hands…asking God to change me…yielding to the process and trusting in HIS ability to transform me.

Maybe true grit is trusting in God’s ability not our own.

13 comments:

  1. oh beautiful, Ro! "in this upside down kingdom I now think it the very opposite…" oh, yes! this resonates in my heart. thank you for your grace--grace refined through time--that mentors.


    ..."i've missed you so much! sorry i have been a little out of pocket--i feel a little stretched thin, but in a very good way...so much rich community here, so many friends i have made, so many generous people, they have been so giving and loving. God has shown tender favor to me through them--and *you*. dont think i have forgotten about you, my friend. you were the first to reach out to me in such a special way and i won't forget that.

    did you see Ann's post on friendship? i know you did! i had to tweet that one. so good and timely.

    are you on twitter? you can follow me if you like--i just got started. i will be tweeting this post.

    love and blessings!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honesty. Especially this part, "I come with open hands…asking God to change me…yielding to the process and trusting in HIS ability to transform me."

    Yes! That is what I need too. Thank you for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is thought provoking and I love your honesty. Opening ourselves to receive the grace can take as much courage as any determined efforts of our own. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is grit in holding on tight to his promises, and so much grace and freedom in letting them rest on him...your words speak well of the exhale when we don't try to do it ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True grit is trusting in God's ability, not our own...I love this.
    God is definitely speaking to me about trust lately.
    Thanking you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beyond lovely, Ells. Truly, I felt my heart resounding as I was reading. May I not bear down and grit, but stand with open hands to receive so that I may be...

    ReplyDelete
  7. so wonderfully true what you wrote...there is so much freedom and real transformation in opening our hands and hearts to Him and trusting in His ability to transform us...am learning this...blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A quick checking in...thanks each one of you ladies...your comments bless me...blessings and have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A quick checking in...thanks each one of you ladies...your comments bless me...blessings and have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this..so true.. I hate when people think the only way to grow is through pain... it really bugs me, lol.
    I want people to know it's not about the "not doing" as it is so much more about the doing or having a closer relationship with Him.
    Good preach sista.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  11. me too. i humbly beg for God's grace on all the girt in my life, and i join you sister, in the song of the saints... this hallelujah chorus. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. T...I spent way to many years in that camp...Love wins...love saves...His kindness brings us to repentance...Blessings~

    Emily...let's sing together my friend...oh may your weekend be filled with grace and wisdom...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes! I have too often tried on my own to be the mom I know I should be instead of resting in Him and what He's already done to make me perfect. He's accomplished it all already, I just need to take hold of it in faith. Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete