/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

This Kind of Love.


Ann poses the question that I pose to God in the pages of my journal….
How does a person really, really love?
 to love in the hard places…places where love has been trampled…
 to love where smiles and cordial words are spoken while reconciliation seems impossible…
His Love…crucified Love…Love that covers a multitude

Opening the Bible where the book mark lays…right to the gospel of Matthew…
right to Judas…

Here on these pages it’s clear…we don’t really know our hearts…
when Jesus tells them …”Truly I say to you that one of you will betray Me…
each one began to say to him, “Surely not I, Lord?”….
they did not understand what might lurk in a heart….

But One did understand…One did know…
 This One who walked daily with the one who would betray Him with a kiss…

How did the others not know?
Was it not made apparent from how Jesus treated Judas?
Did Jesus self-protect…put up a guard…distance Himself?
Jesus knew the one He loved …
ate with…spent time with…
He knew this man would trample on the friendship…on the love…
Judas would trample on all….

No…His closet followers…those who lived daily with Jesus must not have seen Jesus treat Judas differently….
How…why?????


 This kind of Love…  loves a Judas…this Love allows the kiss of the betrayer…
 this Love lets the God of justice bring His justice for all…
everyone who will spit…reject…disrespect…use for its own gain…
this Love covers all pain…all hurt…all sin….

What kind of Love is this?...
This Love is supernatural…Divine…
this Love is impossible with man….


So today…I ask God to give me this kind of Love…
this kind of Love that will cost me something…
because this kind of Love cost Him everything…
so I could have this kind of Love.

Join me today and be blessed @ Ann ,Emily and Jen
Here are a few other post along the way…..





11 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so powerfully true & challenging..Linked behind you at Jen's place...your post dovetails with my post somewhat because it is only by God's mercy that we can love like He loves...Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dolly thanks for stopping by...oh yes..God's mercy only...I look forward to reading your blog as well...
    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes, this is the question we must never stop asking, isn't it? How to love better...I can always love better. Such a very sweet place you have here...and is that your grandbaby in the previous post? Beautiful. Just beautiful. I think you will have a fun time with that wee one :)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Kristin...thanks for stopping by...Hope all were God is leading you is going well...continued prayers for Tim...

    Laura...thanks for your kind words...oh yes..first grandbaby...just got back from staying with my daughter...a little piece of heaven...just holding Ellie all day long...I did have to give her to my daughter to feed:)...but other than that...we bonded deep:)
    Blessings to you and may we both continue to allow God to love through us:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. amen friend! i feel like standing up and applauding... this is a triumphant and beautiful post. thank you. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily...thank you...thank you for your Wed. community...so glad to have a part of it...even though I was a late joining....
    Continued prayers and blessings as your family embraces God will in your life...
    XOXO to you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for your kind comment on my post "when he's just not there for you". I have a question that maybe you know the answer to. I try to visit the blogs of those who take time to leave comments. Sometimes it's hard and time consuming. If I just reply, does that only show if they come back to my blog, or does it go to their email? I notice you reply to your comments so that's why I'm asking. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yesyesyes Amen and Amen! It is possible with God and only Him!!! He works miracles every day in our home :0) and sometimes I stop in my tracks and pray right out loud - the kiddos know immediately that God is standing by - it's funny how that can change their behavior - and it keeps me from acting in a way that is not love!!! :) hope you are well my friend- just prayed for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. kelli..oh I love stopping right in your tracks...wish I would have done that more when I had young kids...how sweet...I prayed for you today as well...i hope your health is improving and God continues to give wisdom...
    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the story about David and the threshing floor, when he refused to give something which cost him nothing. Your line about love that costs something reminded me of this, friend. I hope you are planning on linking up with Painting Prose this week

    ReplyDelete