/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love Calls to Love


As I continue to walk along this long journey…a journey of forgiveness…
 a journey taking me to love…
He comes…with all His Love…Kindness…and Mercy…and He takes me by the hand….

Hands full of Hope…Hope that accompanies the conviction…
I hear His Love say…”your love is aiming too low…missing the mark.

Even though my heart is heavy…
because now I see more clearly how far off the mark of Love I am…
Hope fills my soul…knowing that I will walk more fully in His Love…

Here we stand…together He and I  going back to the basics...
back at the first commandment and the second…

Open-heart surgery begins…cutting away all that keeps this kind of Love from flowing…

My vision is clearing…the two are inseparable…one does not exist without the other.

To love God is to love our neighbor…to love our neighbor is to love God.

At the end of our life...there will be no separation…
Not duties…if you give to the poor but have not love... 1Corth. 13:3…
only love will stand the judgment.

Our motive for loving our neighbor?…God…all love should be for God.

“We love God because He is loveable…we love our neighbor because...
 he is a reflection of the loveableness of God” (Divine Intimacy)

When we fix our eyes on Him…all can be loved without limits...
even those who wound us…
Matt. 5:46-47.

How easy it is to forget…especially when I am wounded and the road is long…
that my neighbor, just like me, is created on God’s image.
And just like me…God loves them…
and just like me…He sees all their sins…all their faults…
and unlike me..
 He Loves anyway...only unconditional Love.

Deep calls to Deep….Love calls to Love.

Join me at Ann’s place…I sure hope Ann stays here awhile…I think the Lord and I have a lot of unpacking to do together…so much still stirring in my heart.
Also linking up at Journey to Epiphany...I am sure it will be a wonderful new place to link-up.












8 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful! Thanks for sharing over at our community! I love the open heart surgery reference. I am thankful for His joy which is the anesthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kd...looking forward to this new home place...thanks for hosting...oh yes..joy is the anesthetic. Blessings as you reach out to others...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy!! Thanks for visiting my blog...I think you're the first ever from this meme to do so. Yours is very good and so inspiring. I have an article I posted a day or so ago on Forgiveness that you might like to read as well. I've struggled with accepting that I've been forgiven for years. Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy...I will try to get back to read it...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. are we talking about real live neighbors...you don't have to say...we are talking about real live people and they are the ultimate variable.
    In theory we want to love everyone... but sheesh they make it hard...right?
    someone people feel like a cross to bear...
    and you bare it well.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  6. This hits home with me. I feel wounded too, but even more reason to stay focused on Jesus and to show grace to my neighbor along the way, the one that's just as needy as I am. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "How easy it is to forget…especially when I am wounded and the road is long…that my neighbor, just like me, is created on God’s image."

    This is really beautiful. I pray I will continue to remember that those who hurt others have been hurt, at some point, themselves.

    Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so much love to you tonight, dear friend... xo

    ReplyDelete