/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

An Invitation.


Love thy neighbor as your self…He took me back to this basic
But now He gives a new command
This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

My commandment...I never really stopped to ponder this word My…
This new command comes from the very heart of Jesus…
The commandment that would be the very reflection of Himself…
”By this all men will know you are my disciples”. John 13:35.

This is Jesus…calling us higher…

Loving our neighbor as ourselves still has some human qualities to this love…
There are filters that distort how to love…
Self-love, self-hated, self-condemning…
If we don’t know how to show mercy to ourselves…
How can we mercy to others…and the list goes on….

Now His new commandment is truly divine…
Our gaze now looks higher…
The focus is no longer on our love…
But now we are looking into the very heart of Christ…the heart of God.
This Love can’t be emulated…
This love is a love that flows right from the artery of Christ’s heart…

So back to the basics here too…to the beginning…
Do I really comprehend...Ephesians 3:18-19...
How wide, how long, how high, how deep His love is? If I don’t…can I really Love?

This has been a long journey for me…
For years my view of God was one of anger and punishment…
Each night laying in bed…judging my day…
Condemning myself…FAILURE.

Through the love of my husband and through many joys and trials…
My Father won me over to His love…a love that brought me to trust…
To a place of rest and abiding in His perfect love for me…

Now I know… I now I receive His love that is patient…kind…
Full of mercy, grace and forgiveness.
This love that is unconditional…longsuffering …
This love that doesn’t hold my wrongs committed ,against me…
This love that sees all my faults, sins ….all the ways I do fall short…
But though His eyes of love He sees me as His precious child…
Sees me white as snow…covered under the blood…redeemed.

I now really see…we only love with the Love we receive from God…
If our view of that love is twisted and distorted…
We love others with the same twisted and distorted love…

Jesus’ new command is not a requirement…but an invitation…
An invitation to enter into a love relationship with Him…
Becoming One with Him in Love…so out of this beautiful love affair…
His love will flow to others…John 15:5

My prayer for each one who reads this today…that each one will know how high…how deep…how long... His love is for you …and if you are like me…you will allow Him to win your heart...opening it to  receive all His conditional love…not the kind of love that has to be earned…but the kind of Love that loves just because you are….because He created you in His image…because you are His child…because He died for you.
And from this Love…His Love…we will love our husbands…children…family…and the world around us with a Love that can transform the world.

Please join me as I link up with Ann and Kd@journey towards epiphany…you will be blessed.

Other post in this series…

15 comments:

  1. We love because He first loved us. We have to know this love in order to give it. Each day I learn it a little bit more. Thankful for you and this post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me awhile to realize this love of God too. I grew up thinking he was watching me to catch me messing up, not to love me out of temptations.

    When I discovered grace, it was a breath of fresh air! God's love now never ceases to amaze me.

    This is a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. So glad to be your neighbor today. So still learning how to love like Him. Fully reliant on His grace.
    Thank you for visiting. Blessed to visit back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. I love this..."My Father won me over to His love…a love that brought me to trust…To a place of rest and abiding in His perfect love for me…" This seems to be a theme this week, striking my heart...love and trust going together and it is possible only through Gods love. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina...a life long journey it is...blessings to you...

    Lisa...yes...love us out of our sins...not punish us...so true...have a blessed day...

    Thanks for visiting...I too...fully reliant on His grace...

    Theresa...Thanks for your kind words...without really knowing...receiving His Love...I could never rest in trusting His love for me...Blessings as we grow in His love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. steph...you kindness humbles...blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this "Love" and rejoice that we both have found Him. Great encouraging words, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The focus is no longer on our love…
    But now we are looking into the very heart of Christ…the heart of God.
    This Love can’t be emulated…
    This love is a love that flows right from the artery of Christ’s heart…

    That is so true. When I exchange my conditional, emotional, human love for his love, I can love anyone, even those who've hurt me or are hard to care for.... This principle alone has transformed my relationships.
    Blessings!
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beth...this does make me rejoice...blessings~

    alyssa...so thankful for His truth that sets us free...blessings as we both continue to grow in His love for others...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking forward to allowing Him to win my heart! <3 Thank you for reminding me that this is his desire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh yes...the lover of our souls longs to woo us...win us to HIs love...Kd may God meet you today and wrap His arms of love around you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very well said! The more we learn of God's love, the better we are at showing our love to ourselves and others.

    I may never fully understand God's love, but thankfully that doesn't prohibit me from growing in His love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rebecca...yes...this is a life long journey...so thankful it is full of mercy and grace...Blessings to you and thanks for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, this was so good. i needed to read this today. i need to remember how God loves me--that i am his beloved, so that i can warmly spread that love to my family. they need that from me.

    been a while since i have heard from you! and i've been a little quiet too--reflecting on life and how i can get better to best serve my family--struggles taking all of my energy right now. i hope everything is well with you and that you thoroughly enjoyed time with your beautiful grandbaby!

    blessings and much love!
    xoxo

    ~Nacole

    ReplyDelete