/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Cry Out for Mercy


Ann turns toward fasting…God keeps me looking at love…

When I read this line…it pierced right through me…
God does not ask us to be “justices of the peace…but angels of peace”
(Divine Intimacy)  
oh, I spent so much of my Christian life in the role of “justice of the peace.”

“Judge not, that you may not be judged” Matthew 7:1

Judgment in my heart, caused me to view others through a negative lens…
this negative lens narrowed my vision…
causing me to focus on the faults of others…
especially those who had wounded.
 
Narrowing of the lens closes off the Light…
allows little room for Love and Mercy…
no longer able to see with God’s heart… His eyes… His love…
Love that covers a multitude of sin.

I am so thankful God doesn’t hold a standard over us and demand we reach it…
He gives us His Spirit and He gives us His Truth…

So how do we keep from judgment?
“First take the log out of your own eye and then you will see clearly to take out the speck from your brother’s eye.”…Matthew 7:3

God shows us the pathway…exposing what’s at the very root of judgment…
PRIDE.

“Humility plows up the soil of the heart…removes the weeds that choke out love”
it removes the log that dams up the heart …
so love can come and fill our soul with Mercy…
because Mercy triumphs over judgment…James 2:13

I am learning when I see the faults of others...
to ask God to show me my own heart…my log.
And He is always faithful to answer this prayer. 
And aren’t we all really just the same…born of the same Adam?
With a maturing that comes with age... I have come to see…all our struggles are just the same.  Everyone is selfish…prideful…everyone has fear…and the list goes on…. 
But how I struggle with my fear or some other sin versus how someone else struggles might look completely different.

And we cannot rightly judge…
Man looks at the outward appearance…God looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7. 
Only God knows the inner struggles of each heart…
the deep longings and desires…the cries…the prayers for greater healing. 
 Don’t we all struggle through the conflict within?
because sometimes our heart’s desires and our actions can be miles apart.
But God sees…and He sees with Mercy and Grace…
and Loves me with His longsuffering Love.
”Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in Love”… Ephesians 4:2

Do I want God to show me the same judgment or
lack of mercy, love and grace I have shown to others? …NO

I long to walk in Love…
continuing to  allow Him to fill my thoughts with His Mercy …
instead of choosing thoughts filled with judgment…
to choose to do the one thing…the only lasting thing…To Love…
to trust His Love for me…His Love for others.
and the rest I need to leave to God… 

Now I am learning…instead of railing judgments….I cry out for Mercy…
because God is so merciful to me. 


Other post on Love...
This Kind of Love
Love Calls to Love
An Invitation


Join me today at Journey to Epiphany.

12 comments:

  1. This should convict everyone who reads it. :-( We're all so guilty of giving less grace than we receive.

    Thanks for sharing it from the heart. It went straight to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara...thanks...and blessings to you...

    Lisa...I must speak to the one who needs it the most...me...a blessing if it touches someone else heart as well....blessings as we walk in His Mercy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been so convicted about my need to extend grace as well. Your words really resonate with where I am and what God is teaching me. Thanks so much for this. It ministered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mm...so blessed it could minister to you...His Spirit is so faithful....blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just this morning I was thinking on our heart, not our outward appearance, being what God looks at.
    Thanks for echoing my thoughts and filling them out.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janae...I love how the Spirit does that for us...such His kindness...blessings as we see ourselves and others as He sees us...

    ReplyDelete
  7. He will always keep you on love....because without love it's all clanging cymbols.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so much in here, I'm leaving it on my screen to read again tonight in the quiet after the household is asleep. I, too, snap to judgement when grace should be the response...I'm always in need of his forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. alyssa...I am blessed by your words...we are all in need of His Grace...to receive it and give it...blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Ells,

    Thank you for sharing your thoughtful and thought provoking reflections on grit. I especially liked this, "Maybe true git is trusting in God's ability not our own."

    Amen! Goodness knows my own human effort will fail every time.

    Blessings in Christ. So glad to have discovered you blog.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mercy is Gods' greatest attritribute...
    i have very much enjoyed reading your heart felt posts...they are prayers really!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you an.
    I hope you have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete