/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Years Pause

This season of Christmas and New Years provided a natural break…
 a time to ease away from blogging…
and as I did…I found myself reflecting on my short time here…
asking God questions…reevaluating …
bringing me to a peaceful place to pause…
to wait…
I wait to hear…wait for God to speak…
to answer some of the ponderings of my heart…
do I keep going…and if I keep going...
prepare me to be taught the new lessons to be learned…a better way…
and if I step away for a time… or for ever…teach me there too…

To be honest…I have mixed feelings…
being away has been a bit freeing…relaxing…
at the same time …it’s been a little restless…

I have been part of the blogging community for almost 6 months…
5 more months than I thought I would be…

Stepping into blogosphere has been a wonderful challenge for me…
blogging is way out of my comfort zone…
but God has provided the Grace each time I had to hit publish…

This journey of blogging has many hidden surprises…
hidden motives …hidden fears…hidden traps…
but also hidden treasures…
and those treasures are YOU
each one who stopped by and read…
each one who left a comment…
each one who encouraged my feeble attempts of writing…
each one I have carried in my heart… … each one I pray for…
and this makes the stepping away the hardest…
missing the connections that have started to build…
but I entrust all this to Him…
My Good Shepard.

So for now…my new year starts with a pause…
with active waiting…

Be still and know that I am God.

One gift I am waiting for…waiting for my first grandbaby Ellie to be born…

Join me as I link up with Ann and Emily.   I promise you will be blessed!!
When I wrote this...Ellie could come any day..and now it is time... tomorrow is the day:) 

16 comments:

  1. Hello friend,
    I sensed this was what you were doing.
    I figured you are intune enough to figure out what you should do.
    :)
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful He will be patient as I tune my heart to hear His voice...blessings to you my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so enjoyed getting to know you too. Pray that God gives you clarity . . . and I know you will hear well. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping it won't be too long that you are gone. I've enjoyed reading your posts. Praying that God gives you peace and clarity. I do have the say that the week I took off from blogging was very nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly...I ditto the same to you...we will see what God has...Blessings friend...

    Christina...thanks for your kind words and prayer...I am thankful He will not leave me to myself...Blessings to you my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ells,

    I am sad to hear this since I just came to know you, but thank you for writing this, I too have been the nudge to lay my blog down for while, not give up writing, just let the blog go for a bit and work on something else, I was writing something along this same vein really not knowing if that is what God wanted me to do. I can't wait to see where God leads you.

    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kandi...thanks...praying and confident He will lead us both on the path He has for us...blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey Ro!

    thanks for the gentle honesty i read here. yes, the blogasphere is a strange place...and it has its traps...no one can say it better than you i think. you are always so kind in your words.

    i would hate to see you go, but i of all people should understand if you need a break for a while or for good.

    im glad that i could finally come and read you. ive been very quiet too...not visiting, just writing...that and taking care of my family seems to be all i can handle right now. i am always so happy to see you at my place...you have been my solemn, quiet, faithful friend, a cheerleader in my corner...thank you for that.

    i also enjoyed reading a baby changes everything...such a wonderful reflection during the celebration of the Christ child.

    congrats on the grandbaby to be born any day! (maybe this should have been an email--ha ha. oh well). just wanted to visit you here.

    praying for you as you have prayed for me. i trust He will lead you.

    blessings in His grace and much love,

    Nacole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nacole...your words are sweet to my soul...I may not be writing here for a while...but I will always look forward when I see a new post from you pop up on my reader...I am still in your corner:)...
    Blessings my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there friend, thanks for your post. The time away was good for me too... I needed to rest. :) And I think that blogging is probably something that should be evaluated, adjustments made at different seasons... so that it remains a good thing, and does not turn my focus from what it should be.

    Which is why I think the name of your blog is wonderful. :) As a violinist I know that tuning is a never ending process- sometimes my instrument will stay in tune for a long time, and other times the humidity, temperature, new strings, what have you will cause it to need adjustment every few minutes!

    Anyway, hope you experience lots of grace during this time, you will be missed! ~Frances

    ReplyDelete
  11. Frances...first...I just LOVE the violin...and I love your analogy...so true...tuning is important:)...thanks for your kind words...blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will be out of touch this next week too. I am looking forward to spending time focused and intentional, but will miss reading words like yours. All the best to you and that new grandbaby!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have had to struggle with this as well - feeling free to not blog, but also seeing it as such a beautiful priviledge and blessing. Pray God will bless your waiting. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. i hope that you enjoy the pause...the web has opened up many new communities and friends for me...but we have to make sure our real lives come first...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep, blogging can take some time and effort. For me, it's an exercise as well as a connection. I, for one, will miss you. I understand where you are coming from. I'm a woman of a certain age and I can see blogging is a younger woman's game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i understand friend. but i will miss you. i've been learning so much from your wisdom. i too have been questioning blogging and really wanting it to be intentional... bless you ells. i love you! e.

    ReplyDelete