/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Friday, December 16, 2011

The word is connected.






The word is connected....

The first thought that popped in my head when I read connected...
umbilical cord…
maybe because my daughter is expecting our first grandchild…
And maybe because she is having contractions and needs to be on bed rest so little Ellie can stay connected
So why does Ellie need to stay connected?

The umbilical cord is the life-line that attaches the placenta to the fetus.

Towards the end of your pregnancy, the placenta passes antibodies through the umbilical cord from you to your baby, giving it immunity from infections for about three months after birth.

The umbilical cord is the source of oxygen and nourishment to your baby while they are in the womb.

So staying connected gives Ellie all she needs to grow…mature…develop…
so when she enters this world she can thrive…

Isn’t it true of us too? We need to stay connected to our Life-line…
to the One who supplies all we need to live…thrive…
to the One who feeds us with His very body…
the One who gives us every breathe…
and the Blood…
Oh the Blood…
The antidote…
Because without the blood…there is no life.

16 comments:

  1. Great analogy. He is our lifeline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, so beautifully written! And I am sure you are so excited for your grandchild! What exciting times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO remember waiting for that first grandchild - and for each of the 7 others who have followed! Many blessings to mom and babe and to grandmom, too! Thanks for this good reminder of our need to stay connected to the Lifeline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, and oh so true! In connection with Him our very life...may your day be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, without the blood, there's be no connection.... he IS my life-line. Wonderful words here this morning. Praying for your daughter, and the baby coming. How exciting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladies...thank each of you for stopping by...such a blessing...I pray you all have a very wonderful Christmas and that we all stay connected to our Life source...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. Without Him we can do nothing. Doesn't He give us amazing analogies so we can at least get a glimpse of what it is to depend on Him?! Blessings to you, your daughter, and precious Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pauline...I love the hymn..This is my Father's world...He does speak to us everywhere...blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for coming by. I've never had more than ONE comment on the Friday meme, not even the owner of it has ever come by...it means so much to me that you did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad I stopped by too.. If this helps...I am not sure Lisa_jo goes around to all the sights...that would be a lot for her to do...I think her heart is more to connect us with each other more than her...just keep doing what your doing until you feel you need to change...
    Blesssings to you...thanks so much for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your grandchild. My kids are just 12 and 15 and I am already excited about the thought of having grandkids. First things first though... Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always heard how wonderful this is...I can't imagine when ellie actually gets here...I will be beside myself...Have a great and Merry CHristmas....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely analogy ! I hope you don't mind if I share it at womans bible study. many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought of the umbilical cord as well, but you took it to a new level. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ells - lovely analogy. I hope to always be connected to my God as He gives me life giving water, air, hope, grace and mercy. Great post
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, it is through His blood we are connected - part of His family.

    Congratulations on your new, coming grandchild. I pray little Ellie stays connect to that cord as long as she needs.

    Prayers.

    Denise J. Hughes

    ReplyDelete