/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Yoke is Easy

My Yoke is Easy
I am gentle and humble of heart…come and find rest…
My burden is easy... My yoke is light…

What do you do with the stirring…the rumblings deep within your soul?…when you feel God awakening your heart to His heart…
when He speaks and those words must bring change…

I know the old…I would hear God’s gentle voice call…come…
but I did not know how to keep time with the beat of His heart
the One that is slow and gentle…
so I would hurry…race…pushing those around me to run too…
as my energy increased so did the burden…the burden to bring about God’s desires…
I burdened myself…I burdened others…
there was nothing in my going that was gentle or humble of heart…
nothing about the yoke I wore that was easy…
nor the yoke I put on others…
there was no place to find rest for me or others around me…

Why…because I did not fully trust…
or put my faith in God’s ability to accomplish His purposes…
I thought it rested upon my performing shoulders to bring about change...

I feel the rumbles…I hear His gentle voice…
 now I allow the slow gentle process of His Spirit to work deep workings in my heart…
changing my heart in the small ways…the simple ways…
ways that in the past would seem insignificant…

Be faithful in the small things and you will be faithful in the big things…
the small do not burden us…they are God’s kindness to help us grow muscles…
to be able to lift the bigger things without the straining…
because when we strain under the burden…
we drop what God has given to hold….
when straining... it is hard to remain gentle…restful…

I pray as you ask the gentle Shepherd to lead you this Christmas…
Letting him teach you of His ways…
Each one will let go of the hurry…
Trusting that He will accomplish all He asks…
In His time…In His way…
Yoking with the One who is…
Gentle and humble of heart.


If this has helped in anyway...you might want to read here too....


Join me as I link up with Ann and Emily...I promise you will be blessed!

26 comments:

  1. Wow, I feel like I should print this out and hang on my wall or something as a comforting yet convicting reminder of the values of God. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I stopped by your blog today. I did so because our blogs share the same name-I am: http://tuning-my-heart.blogspot.com/

    Anyhoo- I love your thoughts about the burdens we impose on ourselves. You have given me much to think about! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting quietly with that question. Asking Him to lead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know these slow, gentle ways of following God now too. I guess there's something to be said for growing older - Haha! All joking aside, I know that it's a deepening of my faith and I'm so glad for it! Thanks for reminding me of how "I" used to be too and how much better it is now. Great thoughts here, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard a song just yesterday that I love about the "gentle Shepherd." I'll take that imagery to heart, seeing it reinforced here this morning. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kati..I am so blessed that this could speak to your heart...blessings to you...

    Deb...wow we do have the same blog name...thanks for stopping by...and blessings as we both allow Him to tune our hearts...

    Heather...yes...the sitting quietly...so important...blessings as you sit...

    Messy...oh yes...age is a wonderful thing...it does
    soften things...and gives time for that growing trust...blessings to your day...

    Lisa...I love how God speaks His heart to us...He is a good Shepherd...blessing~

    ReplyDelete
  7. The easy yoke. You spoke this so beautifully I didn't even feel the sting too painfully when I saw myself in the rushing and burdening of others. This is a wonderful piece. I bookmarked it to read often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Bless the Lord...may He gentle us both...thanks for sharing here...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely reminder! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Renee...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I am so glad you stopped over at my place, I too am feeling so those stirrings the stirrings that must bring change His gentle voice calling me and makes me question. Your words are beautiful poetry and I am so glad God lead me to you to read these words today.

    Blessings to you.

    Kandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is simply beautiful, ells. Lately, I've been convicted about being faithful in the small things. I love the thought that the small does not burden us.

    Glad I stopped by. Blessings to you!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  13. sigh. i always feel ministered to when i come here. thank you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kandi...thank you for stopping by...Blessings as He leads you in the stirrings~

    Mel...yes the small things...we what to do big without practicing the small...Blessings to you~

    Emily..oh dear...the feeling are very,very mutual...you are a blessing~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I feel ministered to here, as well. Being faithful in the small things is always a wonderful reminder for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Theresa...thanks so much for stopping by...we all need to be reminded not to despise the small things...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great post! I need to read it often. How often I strain under the little things! Just what I needed, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so blessed by you...thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was like a refreshing cool drink, dearest.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You captured my story perfectly,(hurry, racing, burdening others - the yoke not being easy because I didn't make it easy). I am learning "to keep time with the beat of His heart" to slow down, to change my ways. I think that is the season I am in now - that is the part of myself that needs tinkering, tweaking and overhauling:) You nailed it - straight to my heart! And beautifully, poignantly so!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ells, thank you for linking up with me on Winsome Wednesday, so glad you did because now I've found your blog. Beautifully written, great message.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  22. journey...so glad you found nourishment here...humbled by the thought...blessings~

    Blue cotton...we are all made of the same nature...all struggle together to find freedom...Blessings as we both slow...keep beat with His...

    Tracy...thanks for stopping by...enjoyed finding you as well...have a blessed day...

    ReplyDelete
  23. you are just soothing to me this night.
    thank you dear friend.
    this charity thing is going to be great but these details are draining...luckily it will end and I will be able to enjoy it..and then get back to normal? lol.
    Thanks friend,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  24. T...glad you stopped by...blessings as you wind up the details and pray you can enjoy it all on that day...
    Take care my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh you touched me with your words, my friend. Deeply.

    I rush ahead instead of rushing into trust. Far too often. I think I need to make something happen, because evidence of it isn't seen.

    I will revisit these words.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amy...Ooh rush ahead instead of rushing into trust...good word my friend...so glad you stopped by...blessings...

    ReplyDelete