/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Baby Changes Everything.


A baby changes everything….

It was always special being pregnant around Christmas…
carrying a child inside me made the Christmas story more personal to me…
 and now my daughter is ripe with child…

as I watch my daughter have to sacrifice herself…
 submitting to bed rest for the good of little Ellie…
I see her yield to the confinement…
a confinement, that if for herself alone, would have driven her crazy …
but a baby changes everything...
I see her count someone else more important than herself…
I see her peacefully yield as she lays down her will for a greater purpose…

when a woman knows a new seed of life is growing within her…
she’s willing to sacrifice things she previously enjoyed…
 things that brought pleasure…
the importance of old pleasures fade…
because something greater is now living inside…
a deeper kind of Love is starting to be understood…
a momma knows her choices no longer affect only her…
but also the new life growing inside…
there is a new carefulness…
measured choices are now being made because self-focus has been refocused…

 Are we willing to no longer live for ourselves?
 because aren’t we all carrying in us Someone greater than ourselves?
Allowing a deeper love to fill our hearts...
 so the pleasures of this world fade... 

because a Baby did change everything…

now this Baby lives inside all who invite Him in…
 so may our mother’s hearts be awaken to the Life we carry within…
that we love, nurture and protect…
yielding to this ultimate gift of Life…
so we can live for Someone greater than ourselves…


Other thoughts of the season....

Join me as I link-up with Ann and Emily. You will be blessed!


I encourage you to take a moment from all the bustling and let this song feed 
                                      and soothe your spirit.

22 comments:

  1. So Lovely. Many thoughts to ponder around this beautiful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful analogy. Many times I've thought of Mary as I was pregnant, but I didn't take the comparison that one step further--I am carrying Christ within me!

    Merry Christmas, and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather...thanks for stopping by...may we like Mary...ponder these times in our hearts...Merry CHristmas.

    Jennifer...I am not sure when I was pregnant all those years ago I did either...with my Daughter it brought it deeper...age can be a wonderful thing:)
    Blessings and Merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Such good truth to savor this season. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister had a baby on Christmas Eve years ago. It did change everything for them too.

    Your words are touching. This baby Jesus has changed everything. Praying for your new grandbaby-to-be and daughter. Fun times ahead.

    Listening to the music now...letting it soak in...

    ReplyDelete
  6. show...Merry CHristmas to you as well...

    Lisa...thanks for stopping by ...yes fun..fun times ahead...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for your upcoming JOY! A baby changes everything. I'm glad you write.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for coming by my blog and for your sweet comment!! :) Thank you for this post - and congratulations on your grandbaby! :) I'm following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Girl...so sweet...blessings and Merry Christmas...

    Restful...thanks for stopping by and the follow...have a blessed and merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I know where this picture was taken...only a few miles from my home at the Biltmore! Such a cool shot.

    Merry Christmas, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Ashely...have a merry christmas...

    amy...oh my daughter's name is amy too...and lucky you...I love the Biltmore and the mts of NC. Have a Blessed and merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what an amazing sequence of thoughts! I think I'd like to be a mother someday, if for no reason other than that I want to learn this gift of love for someone else that I see in mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kati...thanks for stopping by...a mother's love does transform...but He will also transform each one of us...no matter where we are in life...Blessing to you...and merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great experience to watch your daughter as she awaits her child within and then to reflect on that night so long ago for the mother of the Christ child. Great perspective to reflect upon. I'm so glad you shared, Ro. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beth...yes...it is so sweet and a Blessing...Merry Christmas to you....

    ReplyDelete
  16. smiles...when my wife was pregnat there was such a great expectation of what was to come and a little fear too...but how apropo of this season as well as we wait...merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. "because a baby did change everything." i love how you tied this in, friend... and yes. a mother will sacrifice anything for her child. it's the miracle of birth... merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've often heard these words "a baby changes everything." I've probably even uttered them, but how lovely to think about those words in relation to Jesus! Bravo! Great thoughts, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this time of year can be tough but add bed rest and sheesh... So glad you can gather so much from this.
    I pray your daughter is taking in as much as she can from this experience.
    Peace to your family.
    Merry Christmas, friend,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so very true and beautiful... When I was in the last month of my first pregnancy, I was suddenly aware that my own mother had carried me knowing she would give me up for adoption. I believe I truly felt her sorrow and it only increased my love for the little one so vulnerable in me. May we hold Christ in us so dear...
    I loved your post !
    see now what my daughter is doing... this one that I wept over with such great love before she was delivered... giving her up to be a blessing in God's hands...I weep at God's greatness!
    http://addingjoyandlaughter.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-season-fun.html
    blessings to you and your family

    ReplyDelete