/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Overflowing Joy.


Overflowing Joy.

I love when God’s transforming power catches me by surprise

when that moment comes and you realize He did a work…

this happened the other day when my daughter shared I would be in the room

 when my first grandbaby arrives…

it’s been a journey for me…

not a journey with my daughter….

but a journey to contentment.



See…I lived in the land of “not enough”…

where grabbing to get was the rule of the day…

in this land …the driving force was…my rights…what I thought I deserved…

what was owed me…what others should do…

 I did not necessarily speak these out loud …

but silently they strangled my heart…

this place was burdensome … a place where I never fully drank from the  fountain

of genuine joy…

or the well of deep, deep gratitude…

because when one is so full of one’s self…the rights…the demands…

the grabbing…one really doesn’t have room to receive.
.


So God took me on a journey…leaving the “old country “…

heading to a promised land…

a land where trust…rest and grace are the rule of the day…

little by little…I shed the old…leaving more of myself behind…

emptying what I had filled…

letting go what I had been clinging to so tightly…



Until one day…I found myself standing in new territory…

where Love had conquered the giants… a place where trust was won…

so I could be emptied of myself…

and find rest in God’s Love…in God’s care…

leaving all to God.



So, when the privilege of seeing the miracle of birth was given…

I was humbled…honored…such joy filled my heart to overflowing…

 I was overwhelmed with a deep, deep gratitude …

why?…  through God’s Love and Grace…

I am discovering how deeply loved I am…

  finding rest in His perfect Love. 

Therefore, I no longer have to grab for what I want…

silently hold on to “my rights”…”what’s due me”…

and now there is room for overflowing joy.



Do you know how deeply loved you are by the creator of the universe…the one Who sees the sparrow…the one who considers the lilies? This kind of knowing …this kind of Love is what transports us to the land of abiding trust. 

I encourage you to take the time to read Katie's words...she says all this more beautifully.

Join me today at Ann's and Emily's

26 comments:

  1. i feel you on finding that place of joy within that love...we try to find it in so many other things....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "a journey to contentment"

    I sometimes stay on the road; sometimes fall by the wayside. But it's always the place I want to be--content that God is always enough. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hard to live with closed fists. Thanks for the encouragement to loosen them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian...yes Joy inside Love...blessing Brian....

    Lisa...on the path...where God is always enough..always...Amen...blessings to you as we find true contentment.

    Janae...I want to live with opened hands...have a blessed day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful journey. I think it is a life-long one - always discovering new ways to grow and learn.
    I am so glad you're going to be there for the birth of this precious grandchild. I had that same joy and it is miraculous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda...oh yes...a life long process...so glad for His grace...I am soooo excited to share this wonderful miracle with my daughter....
    Blessings as we grow...not matter how many years we have walked this journey...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you!!! You've come a long way, baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky...I am thankful...and I love knowing I can never exhaust His goodness..
    Blessing to your day...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! A wonderful affirmation. Sometimes we feel certain He is not working in our lives, and maybe not even listening, then BAM something happens that we know is HIS WORK. It's fabulous. Thank you for the blessing today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like BAM... yes such surprise gifts...Have a great day...blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  11. It amazes me what we learn on this journey - the roadside gifts God places for us to plant inside us as we invite Him to walk with Him. The blessing of having a daughter to share the passing down of these mothering joys is one of those gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You describe the journey perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blue cotton...I am very pleased...my daughter if a wonderful young lady and we are blessed to be mother/daughter but also sisters in Christ...
    Blessings as we continue to find the gifts....


    Thanks for stopping by mama zen...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  14. i want to go on this journey. to find this promised land. how this contentment radiates in your words, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Emily my friend...we are journeying together by the Grace of God....blessings as we continue to travel together...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I have been on that journey of "leaving the old country." It is not an easy road, but you are so right. It does lead to promise, to contentment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are indeed so so loved
    we are
    I will pass you on to another confirmation that you are loved~
    http://aseedinspired.com/2011/11/02/shhhh-you-are-loved/

    thanks for sharing your heart

    ReplyDelete
  18. Denise...thanks for stopping by....

    fisherlady...God's kindness lead us to His love....I love T's post...Blessings to your day....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm trying to realize just how much God loves me. I know that once I do, discontentment will no longer be my "resting place"--or perhaps "place of unrest."

    Thanks for sharing about your inspiring journey.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad God gave you that gift! My sister wanted her deliveries to be with just her and her husband, and that "right" was really hard for the rest of the family (but especially my mom)to relinquish. You write such truth, though. Those "rights" are the enemy of joy and not the assurance of it.

    Ann's lists have brought me here before, but I stopped by today after seeing your comment at Jeanne Damoff's place. I have lupus, and it's active now, so your brief comment testimony and "about" page encouraged me. It would be wonderful to run again, but today the thorn is my gift.

    Grace to you in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  21. messy marriage...I promise He will win you over to His love...He pursued me over and over until I finally really knew...He loves me...not the head knowledge but in my heart....Blessing this day and may you feel His love deeper today...

    Tinuviel...oh I am so sorry to hear about the Lupus...yes the thorn...the gift it was in my life...He met me right in the middle of the darkness...Oh Sister...right now I pray for Grace and healing as you walk this journey with Him...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now there is room for overflowing joy! No grabbing, just waiting. How deeply loved you are! Thanks for visiting and linking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ashley..thanks for stopping by...blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a blessing you'll be to your grand... healing is sweet

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh yes...blessing indeed...thanks for stopping by and blessings to you....

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh Ro,

    this was beautiful!

    i found myself nodding as i read...yes, yes, yes, that is it! i see how it coincides with what i wrote around the same time...how this was rolling around inside of you...this is good.

    how we can better receive when we arent hardened...how the water and grace rains just slip right off when we have calloused up...and you said it so well...how we cannot receive because of the demands and rights and our "justice flag" that we wave. so, so true. you hit it right on the head with this one.

    blessings, friend,

    Nacole

    ReplyDelete