/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Friday, November 11, 2011

The word is Unexpected.


The Most Unexpected Ways.

If we believe God is a mighty, powerful and wise Father…

shouldn’t we live in the unexpected?

be in awe of His great deeds and ways?

But why don't we live in the great wonder….the surprise?

For me I can say…it has been expectations…

expectations I had for God….

expectations for my life…

bringing my expectations into my prayers…

deep down inside desiring a certain out come…

answers coming in a certain way for….

healing…reconciliation, desires of a mother’s heart…etc…

by the Grace of God…I am letting go of my own ways….

the expectations that robbed me from living in wonder...

now I don’t live with expectations but with expectancy….

expectancy that God will meet all my needs…

according to His riches in Glory…

God will meet me in the most unexpected ways.


9 comments:

  1. so good. Love that. I am reminded of "thy kingdom come THY will be done..." in the Lords prayer...

    Its good to EXPECT God to come through, but its hard to not bring our own expectations into our prayer life...

    there is definitely something there...

    great post Ells. and thank you for the sweet words on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly...Thanks for stopping by...Have a blessed weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rejoicing with you over this breakthrough - to live in expectancy not expectation. It is a discipline I am learning as well. Great to walk this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenifer...thank you and blessing to your weekend...

    redemption...yes rejoicing in God's goodness...Blessings as we journey together...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I appreciate you reading mine :) It is so hard to lay our own expectations at His feet. Often His and my timing and desires are different...Thanks for that challenge today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a common struggle for everyone....
    we, as humans, can only see and know what we know... so it's hard for us not to imagine the answer and then pray towards that... But we definitely need to remember we know very little...a spec really incomparrison to God.. and we have to leave it up to Him.
    Good post!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  7. christina...thanks for stopping by too...blessings...

    T...yes...just a spec incomparrison...so true...have a blessed weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! So rich with truth!
    Thank you and many blessings to you.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete