/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Friday, November 4, 2011

Here I Raise My Ebenezer.



This has been a season of reflection…

of remembering….

seeing where I have been…

where God has taken me…

In the remembering…

I can look at painful times and feel God’s healing touch…

Those wounds may have left scars…but the pain is gone…

In remembering…I see God’s hand shaping us in the desert…

preparing  for a different season…

 a season of flowing milk and honey…

In remembering…I see God’s faithfulness….

That He never leaves or forsakes….

That His Hand of love is always guiding…

Each memory…each event…

becomes a stone…

a stone of remembrance…

And I build my ebenezer…

remembering His love and faithfulness to me.


11 comments:

  1. oh friend... I LOVE this picture... I use it in my mind so much of collecting the stones along my life path.... I think of it daily.
    an alter to Him.
    have a good one!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came here to thank you for commenting on my site, but I got side-tracked reading your Five Minute Friday post and what a beautiful post it is! As you build your ebenezer may God's greatest blessings be yours...today and always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply love your post...

    In remembering I comforted that He has always loved me and been there with me guiding me gently through every season of my life...

    Warmest Blessings,

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking at your pictures and reading your words. It's my pleasure to be your 'neighbor' on Gypsy Mama's link up and I can't wait to come back and check in on you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. T...stones can be heavy or a gift...depends on how we carry them...blessing friend...

    proverbs...thanks for stopping by...have a blessed weekend.

    Thanks so much joan...blessings as He continues to gently guide...

    Aubrey...you are so kind...hope to see you again...blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post, and one I am especially relating to this morning! The memories, scars, pains, and along the way God is there with his graces, healing and revealing all He is. God bless you and every step in your daily walk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daine...thanks for stopping by...and blessing to you also as you walk your journey with Him...

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful thoughts! I just wanted to mention that YOU are one of the blessings - One who has encouraged me lately- brought confirmation as to where God is leading & just the encouragement and hope from connecting with someone who "gets it" is such a blessing for me. Thank you my friend. Thank you for caring and for taking the time to share!!! big hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Come Thou Fount is one of my favorite hymns. I strongly dislike the hymnals that change those words "Here I raise my Ebenezer" to "here I raise my sign of victory." It's just not the same.

    Anyway...thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too love this hymn...thanks for stopping by...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. keli...I love when God connects hearts for HIs purpose...I am humbled and thankful that my words have helped you in anyway...hugs back to you...blessings~

    ReplyDelete