/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Velcro Kind of Day.


A Velcro Kind of Day.

Yesterday I felt like Velcro…a day spent collecting burdens …burdens I couldn’t shake off…each new activity…each thought of finances…each new twist to the schedule…a barrage of negative thoughts assailed my mind…
each one sticking to me…
each one weighing me down.

By the end of the day…I feel tired…overwhelmed…I start “future tripping”…that place where I look out into the future…a place God lets me go…but He remains in the present …there is no grace…
and I started traveling to the land of the “what ifs”…
the place that feeds my angst.

My focus narrows…locking in on the schedules that seem impossible...
or at least very inconvenient… an inconvenience to me…
guest coming at the “wrong time”… wrong time for me…

I go to bed weighed down with these burdens all stuck…until awakened with a song on my heart…”I Surrender All”… I see the chorus over and over…then one by one I lay them down at the foot of the cross…
and in the darkness of night…my vision is restored…

As I lay each burden down…God starts the transforming…what was a burden now becomes an opportunity….He walks me through one by one…

Money…opportunity to grow in trust…opportunity for God to continue to teach me His ways…opportunity to walk this walk of faith.

Schedule…He asks the simple question…”Is this where your family is to be for this season?”  My answer is YES…my first life giving choice is to submit myself to Him in the “craziness”… to trust His grace will be sufficient.  Secondly, I must choose to stop the complaining and  see the "inconveniences” as opportunities to give thanks…opportunities for Him to change me…
meet me…empty me…
  fill me.

Guest…”Did you pray that all who enter your home will feel welcomed and loved?” Yes…is it really love when it comes at my choosing or when I find the time convenient?  This…is transformed into an opportunity for God to be my strength…and to fill me with His hospitable heart.

All those negative thoughts that came to rob are lifted…
 in the simple act of believing…
I am loved.


My peace is restored...I find rest.

Over all these years (and they are mounting) I have come to believe…
that in these very small, seeming annoyances…this is where God transforms us.

Oh, How I wish I would have understood this when my children were young…to see every diaper I changed…every hour of sleep lost…every day I felt locked away from the world…these had great value…theses were wonderful opportunities to meet God…to lay all at His feet…
trusting He will redeem all things…this... my spiritual act of worship…


I pray today that those frustrations, fears, doubts and worries will all be transfigured from burdens to opportunities…
opportunities for God’s transforming power.

Join me today as I link-up with Ann and Emily.

19 comments:

  1. Such a powerful post that pierced my heart! I have many velcro days--yesterday was one. Thanks so much for your words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when God awakens me to a song...and he turns my burdens into blessings. Thanks for stopping by my place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May we both walk more unencumbered today...laying all down with Him...blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kd...thanks for stopping by...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much wisdom here! Thanks for reminding me of what's important and how God makes that possible even when I think all is lost. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful beautiful transformation. How often I have been there--velcro days! Thank you for sharing your heart with those of us who still have the young ones and can learn to gain perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes...God's grace makes all possible...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

    Ashley...the wisdom I hear from you young bloggers is amazing...you are way ahead of the curve...
    Blessings to you as you mother well...

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful friend... you are such an encouragement to me, do you know this? you teach me so much. thank you for reminding me of these God-moments... of his kingdom in the here and now. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. smiles...i have many of those days when i collect burdens and find a place to stick them until by the end of the day i am worn out...i can so relate to this...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Emily...only by His Grace...only by His Grace...your words and writings always are an encouragement as well...Blessing sweet friend...

    Brian...yes...a pretty common occurrence...Blessing to you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yes, thank you for this. The truth that this is the place where I am transformed. Oh, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Theresa...thanks for stopping by...and blessings as we both let God transform us today....

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow that was like three posts in one.
    I have been learning when things are really twisting me up that I just need to sit back and watch for God...not always easy. But it is starting to make difficult situations make so much more sense.
    lol...like today.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  15. T...may you feel His presence and redeeming love right in the midst...
    Blessings and Happy Anniversary...

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful example of letting go and releasing cares to Christ. No regrets just looking forward. Love the velcro analogy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's not the busy schedule but everybody's emotions in the busy schedule that frazzle me - and this week, fam coming in, yes - God opens our eyes and does so much in the busy living schedule - and if we let him, He grows us within that. This week I had a lesson in letting go of a bad habit I've had forever - of trying to get all obstacles out of the way to reduce conflict (this was with our guests, too) - and just gave that to God and embraced living, not preventing possible problems. Let me just say, "Wow!What a difference in living."

    Wishing you joy in the week of Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  18. From burdens to opportunities. That's how I want to view the world too. And too often I fail. I can definitely do the velcro thing too. But hopefully I'm getting better in picking things off and handing them to Jesus, even if only one at a time.

    This is good stuff. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just sitting here reading this and thinking about what it would be like to be Velcro, but the kind that only that the good stuff stick. Thanks for linking today...

    ReplyDelete