/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Monday, October 24, 2011

          The cycles of Life...                                          
With the change of leaves…cooler temperatures…

comes the flip of the calendar…another year added…

I survey life…life over these 54 years…

Conclusion: Life’s journey is experienced through cycles…

cycles rotate through our lives like the seasons of the year….

cycles of gains and losses…peaks and valleys…

blessings and burdens


In my late teens…early 20’s… the first cycle began…

I lost myself in self- hatred…lost too much weight…

lost my family…education…security….

I lost my earthy family, but I gained…because I found Jesus…

He became my all in all….


Through my mid to late twenties…

I married the one who would show me what love looks like…

God spoke life into the womb I had killed….

three precious ones I held…2 more only held by Jesus…


Most of my thirties…loss…loss of health…

loss of fellowship…loss of friendships…

one more baby held  by Jesus


Late thirties… another son to hold…a gift of joy during such a dark season…


Just before 40…. joy of another earthly blessing….another daughter

health slowing coming back….

another baby…this one sends me to the edge of death…

Jesus holds my child, but has more earthly lessons for me to learn …

we found ourselves in loss of fellowship again…deep wounds…deep loss…


Reflecting back…I see God’s faithfulness over and over...

all the treasures found in the fire…

all leading me…growing me….bringing me to where I am today….

So here in my 50’s… the cycles still come…

my husband’s job pilgrimage… leading him back to where he belongs …

kids graduating…”losing” kids to marriage…

gaining “new kids” through marriage…new babies to come…

finishing well with my aging parents…the latter exceeds the former

but earthly loss will be there too…only to be given glorious gain.

I know there are lessons still to be learned….

questions still to be answered….

but cycling through this phase of life is more gentle…

because through all these trials…

when I have tested Him….

and when He has tested me….

God has proven Himself faithful…

nothing but Love and Grace…


    so now yielding comes easier….because I know the Love to which I yield.


Join me as I link with Emily.


33 comments:

  1. So beautiful friend! Ah...He IS faithful...so much love and grace, and may the yielding bring trust and rest for us all..Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacque...I am so thankful for His goodness...you have a blessed day too friend....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ro, wow! the cycles of life...i realize i am in the thirties cycle that you speak of...the one where your health declined...that seems to be where i am.

    you have been through so much, God has brought you through such trials. and i know this is only a season for me.it has taken some time to get there, but i see it now--the hope, the light at the end, and the sliver lining, and the lesson He wanted me to learn. i see what He wants me to see.

    oh, and my favorite from your list...God's nearness and struggling marriage moving forward.

    love and blessings,

    Nacole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the raw blessing of this post. It is so encouraging as a young woman to read the story of an older woman who has walked roads that have been less than flat and has lived to tell the blessing. Thanks for sharing grace- just stumbled over from Ann's and I'm so so glad that I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a testimony! You have been through such loss and such joy. Endurance is the word that comes to mind when I read this post. Words of grace. Thanks for visiting my blog today and leaving such kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. friend you have such an awesome legacy.
    to be able to write your lessons learned down and have that to encourage your children and grandchildren... priceless.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nacole...oh yes the beautiful lessons...ones tried by the fire..treasures never to be stolen...keep pressing on Nacole...you are a blossoming flower.

    Diamond...oh...it is my heart...to cheer those on who are a bit younger...to say God Grace is sufficient...Blessings to you....

    redemptionsbeauty...He is so faithful...He even gives the endurance to keep going...thanks for stopping by...blessings

    T...to leave a legacy of Faith...my hearts desire...thanks for the encouragement...blessings to you friend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. How similar our posts are today. I am glad that the Shepherd has guided you through all of your seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes...I thought so too...and I am thankful for His love that does guide us through...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for sharing from your heart! isn't this the best link up? to connect with others who are allowing or trying to allow God to lead and to walk in gratitude- such a blessing.
    I loved reading about the return of your health- gives me hope- I just spent 3 days in bed with RA- too much pain- I also just finished my list for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your words are beautiful, my friend. Thank you for reminding me that God remains faithful to us no matter what trials and tribulations we go through. So much hope and encouragement in your post. May God continue to bless you for your words are truly a blessing! :-)

    Irene
    http://littlewaystoheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelli...yes it is wonderful to see women of all ages rising up to give God praise and Glory...I pray will change homes...communities...the world...I am so sorry to hear about your health...I had lupus for almost 10 yrs...those are hard days in bed...I pray for Grace for this journey...God's nearness and his healing....Bless you as you press on...

    Irene...Thank you for your kind words...if my journey can encourage someone else...I feel blessed...blessing to you....

    ReplyDelete
  13. ells, you HAD lupus for almost 10 yrs? so you are healed? That, my new friend is very encouraging- I've had RA now for 10 years almost exactly. You may know, it behaves very much like lupus. most people don't have any idea that this is going on with me- I am fighting the fight daily, God is also blessing me in the process. I know He has this- I believe that He is in the process of healing me. I'll share my story with others when that time is right- for now He has impressed a different message on my heart- as I homeschool our 3 boys and explore God's creation with them (and in between the adventures - I recover) :) I press toward the mark- would love to hear more about your healing from lupus!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kelli...I decided to send you an e-mail...I thought that would be the best way to share more....

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a blessing, to learn to yield.. a verse I love in Psalms says, "they will see in our history the faithful love of the Lord." And that makes it good to look back over the twists and turns of life! ~Frances

    ReplyDelete
  16. Frances...thank you so much for the Psalm...get verse...it speaks to how I feel about my journey...
    Have a bless day....

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful words from a tender, beautiful heart. I so agree with you...life is a journey experienced in cycles. I am so thankful that He is with us in every one!

    Blessings to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Denise...your kind words bless me...He never leaves or forsakes us...such love...
    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so get this – I SO get this – the losing – the gaining – the hanging on – and of your thank you list my favorite is knowing that I am loved – this is wisdom – just lots of wisdom – and I hearted it. Thank you – and God bless and keep you and each and every one of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an amazing reflection on the life you have lived, under the shelter of His wings..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Craig...this journey has lead be from being afraid of God...to knowing how loved I am...such Grace He has shown...thanks and blessing to you...

    Jen...thank you...yes under the shelter of His wings...so true...Have a blessed day...

    ReplyDelete
  22. so now yielding comes easier…because I know the Love to which I yield.

    this is oh so true...
    thanks for sharing all that is so close to your heart

    ReplyDelete
  23. "I know the Love to which I yield" Yes. So beautiful and honest. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Janae..thanks for stopping by...blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, Roseann, just crying all the way through. Thank you for leading me to read this - so filled with hope in the journey -despite the heart-ache, God slowly winds us to Him - our children, too. Thank you for encouraging hope in my heart!

    http://bluecottonmemory.wordpress.com/2011/11/29/new-management-takes-over-developmentof-blue-cotton-product/

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh I am humbled and blessed my journey can touch another's life...I am so thankful you can find a renewed hope...
    Blessings to you in your struggles...

    ReplyDelete
  27. life does have its cycles...and i am glad you could see him through it...there are times it is hard when you are in it...in those late 30s here right now and the cycle feels like it is on outs...i miss a lot of fellowship and i dont understand the what or whys at times but...there is reassurance too in knowing cycles come back around...

    ReplyDelete
  28. yes..the cycles do come back around and with each one may we know Him better...know His love better and love Him better...
    blessings where you are...an a renewed vision to see Him here...

    ReplyDelete
  29. We are the same age!!! Thank you for your transparency in this writing. It speaks to your faith and what can be endured with the help of God. God bless you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So glad that you've experienced God faithfulness through the years of life. I was reading about this very thing today in Psalm 77 and it reminded me of the importance of remembering all the great and healing things God has done in my life. It is a wonderful practice and a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  31. yeah...another older lady..haha...this blog world is a young place...thanks for stopping by...blessings~

    m.marriage..I will have to read Psalm 77...and I think ebenezers can help with our amnesia...Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  32. friend, you don't know how i treasure your wisdom, your insights, your words... and what a journey, what love he has taught you, these years...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh Emily...I am humbled blessed that my words can touch your heart...HIs Grace...His Grace...blessings to you my friend...

    ReplyDelete