/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Wednesday, October 12, 2011


                                Nothing between….

          The words dropped in deep…words that echoed in me for days…

           these words Katie Davis  spoke when asked the simple question….

      How are the Ugandan people so joyful when they live in such poverty? 

        Her answer was straightforward…straight like a knife that cuts…

              "These people have nothing between God and their poverty."


                           nothing between God and their poverty…

                     nothing left but complete trust… but to wait …to hope

            nothing left but to taste and see that the Lord is good(Ps 34:18)…

       left in emptiness....only to be filled…left with wounds …only He can heal…

                left with such betrayal …only He can bring forgiveness…

              left empty of this world…to be filled with His Kingdom.


        These words that dropped so deep cause me to launch out into the deep…

           my hope is renewed…that the God of Uganda…can be my God too …

                 a renewed desire…to say come…come right into this space…

                    right here in my finances…health…relationships…

                               right here in my middle class life…

                                    come and transform my heart... 
                          
                               so I too...can have nothing between You and me…

                                        to be emptied of more of this world…

                                               to be filled with more of Your Kingdom.


             Blessed are the poor in spirit…for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.














18 comments:

  1. May there be nothing in between God and I. What a wonderful word picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by....'Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice...great expansion on that verse...and the line between god and them being trust...as it is with us...nicely penned...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Oh, to have nothing between Him and my lack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! And so true! Stop by if you get a chance...I think our posts have the same thought.~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian...thanks for your encouraging words....

    Deidra...yes...no space between...

    Theresa...I will stop by soon....
    Blessings to each one of you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Nothing between God and their poverty."

    That message is so powerful. Between this post and the one that Ann wrote for today, I am taken back to my week in El Salvador this summer, among poverty yet among joy for those who knew the Lord. How spoiled I feel over here... Lord, have mercy on us all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa...yes...how do we live in that tension here...I want more than ever to live like Paul...content...and not putting my trust in the securities I have here...
    Thanks for stopping by...yes...we need mercy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. More proof that things don't make us happy. It's inside us. And God is the perfect fit for us. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen...thanks for stopping by....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful thoughts. Thank you. What an inspiring story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janelle...thank you...yes...katie's story is amazing...
    Behany Ann...no it won't....but His grace is sufficient...and that doesn't mean it's not a hard path....
    Blessings and thanks both of you for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete
  13. that the God of Uganda can be our God too... i was so touched by this friend. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is beautiful, and challenging...a thoughtful and honest post...not much to say here...just--thinking.

    Ann's post today had me all twisted up inside, and then i read this. just...taking it all in.

    just wondering what God wants of me. thank you for sharing this.

    blessings and love friend,

    Nacole

    ReplyDelete
  15. Emily...thank-you emily....blessings to you friend...

    Nacole...I think God must be stirring the hearts of His people...not sure what it all means for me either...just wanting to let Him come to change me and teach me...
    He will teach His children...we can rest in that...
    Blessings to you sweet friend...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Arrived from your comment on my blog. I am reading "Kisses from Katie" right now and her story is doing something deep inside of me too. I love your words..."that the God of Uganda…can be my God too." Oh, Lord let it be so...let it be so.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Donna...just finished the book...I will be pondering for sometime...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete