/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Monday, October 31, 2011

I walk the Battlefield.


I walk the Battlefield…



I am amazed…
still stunned…
and even saddened…
when I see…
how much I have missed…
how much I have passed by…
daily…weekly…yearly…






                             
                                                                          

Because I lived the hurried life…

spent my energy grabbing to get…
blinded by my selfishness…

Speeding past the scenery…
everyday moments…
everyday gifts…

Missing what was right before me…
The beauty that surrounds me…

Until I started counting…
Numbering…
One by one…

The gifts…

The graces…

The beauty…

So, for the first time in the six years I have lived here …on my birthday...accompanied by my camera... I go to walk the park I have passed by in my hurried life…to savor the gifts God gives in His creation. I walk the battle field…where men long ago spilled their blood for freedom…where I worship the ONE who spilled His blood for me and you.



                               ~2203~2214
   
            ~sweet birthday celebrations with friends  
            ~laughter and love shared 
            ~older children home 
            ~opportunity to serve with love and honor with grace
            ~good report for my mom  
            ~planning a surprise for her 87th
            ~new eyes to see
            ~the gift of being in the room when my first grandbaby is born:)
            ~uncontainable  joy
            ~living in the what is...leaving the what's not behind
            ~mom and daughter luncheon and prayer time

Linking up with Ann and Jen ...come join me.


25 comments:

  1. Read your list, friend. Thought we might be sharing "autumn." Beautiful pictures---the redemption of a battlefield. Thanks for sharing---and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dea...thanks for stopping by...blessings to your day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. God loves a grateful heart <3
    Blessings dear Ells
    Your photos and 'heart' are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...fisherlady...your kind words humble me...Have a blessed day friend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! (Especially the very beginning) I know what you mean. How many times have I neglected to see all that is around me?

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. isn't that something.
    cameras really let you see things differently right,?
    it's a great tool in slowing down and seeing things framed .
    T

    ReplyDelete
  7. October birthdays are the best:) Such beautiful pictures. There is so much to see that we miss while rushing, thanks for the reminder. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing your unhurried perspective:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by to say how you bless me, sweet Ells. Truly. I count you with gratitude today, as such loving grace.

    Rich blessings as you See Him more...

    ReplyDelete
  10. T...yes I love where God is taking me through capturing moments...gifts in frames...blessings to you T...

    showthemjesus...yes...yeah October birthdays...blessings as we all slow down...

    CDJ...thanks for stopping by...sharing as I learn...a life long process...blessing to your day...

    Amy...Oh...how you bless me as well...have a blessed day as you count...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jumping over from Nebraska Graceful. What a beautiful post!! I've been working on this over the past several weeks. There's such a freedom and a release when we stop and take the time to remember all of the blessings we have and to appreciate the abundance God has given us in this life manifested through his beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sara...thanks for jumping over...yes such freedom in thanks...
    Blessings to you as we both find greater freedom in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos. I have learned so much by writing down my thanks as well. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks courtney for stopping by...blessings as we continue to count and give thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your grateful heart shows ...

    Thanks for slowing down -- not only for yourself, but for all of us here, who are now able to share in the beauty that you beheld!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jennifer...what a blessing...may His light shine through us all as we grow in praising Him always...
    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Counting gifts has changed the way I see his creation. Love your pictures and prose...and so glad you linked up at Hear It, Use It!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by Michelle....blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  19. All beautiful, but the fourth picture down, with the purple flowers left me truly breathless. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. mattD...thanks so much...your comment blesses me...I am new at taking pictures and learning to capture the beauty around me...thank your for your kind comment and for stopping by....Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is one of my greatest desire to continue this radical pursuit of slowing down. Way down. I love the way you put it here.

    Blessings to you, Ells.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Denise...we live in such a hurried society...it takes intentional chooses....
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful list, and i especially loved living in the what is, and leaving the whats not behind. that means a lot to me right now.

    (and im wondering how you changed your comment section to this new forum, because im thinking i should do this for my blog)

    blessings and love sweet friend,

    Nacole

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nacole...I wish I would have learned this younger...you are ahead of the game:)
    I will try to remember what I did and drop you an e-mail if I figure it out. I spend times clicking and then I really don't know how I got there...
    Blessings sweet friend...

    ReplyDelete